This is a joke - needs to be looked at(not a rant)

Right here is the situation and its so frustrating it made me feel so disgusted each time i looked(at the player relations). :(

I'm Man City and i decided to do this as a fun save and its been enjoyable and still is. Because its fun i have holidayed i think 3 cup fixtures which have been against very lowly opposition as i did not want to waste time on them i'd rather play the prem league games and they should get a win without me anyway :thup: which they did.

Now here is the problem, i know that "none" is a bad team talk at the end of a game, and so do you, but more importantly, so do SI. So why do they make the AMs(assistant managers) suck and make them say "none" for not just the full-time team talk but the prematch and half-time one too? These are Premier League coaches etc! They shouldn't be doing this! Sure if its the non-league go ahead, p*ss off every one of my players. But not here!

And it gets worse as that isn't the main problem. So some of my players after the last game i holidayed are not even unhappy in their 'Inf' column but a couple were in team talk feedback(i always check this after a game to see what he said, sometimes he does say something and its all fine :) but when he doesn't it seems its like the end of the world to the players) and i will reload before the holidayed game if an 'unh' is in the 'inf' column andso that the next time they won't be unhappy, or if that doesn't work either, i'll just play the stupid game myself. So i decided, why not get FMRTE(never used before!) and check if they hate me or my assistant manager! Guess what, every player apart from 2 had atleast a 20 for disliking me, i gather this has built up over the HALF yes half season i've done. God knows they'll want to have me killed in another 12-18 months time :eek:.

I mean if i gave those team talks i wouldn't mind so much, but it wasn't me its the AM(cue the "maybe its your fault because YOU let the AM take the team talk") A couple of players even had a liking for Mark Bowen when the hate should be pointed towards him.

I'm doing well in my eyes, just scraped into fourth a couple of games ago. I feel that disliking me for a couple of bad team talks(not even directed by me) is a little harsh. I mean managers aren't supposed to be your friends, but certainly not enemys, yeah there will be the odd confrontation(not letting a player leave for bigger club, offering out to club, being an idiot and saying embarrassing to the MotM?!) I can see this leading to in a few seasons having the message "some players appear to not be able to motivate themselves to play for you" and then what? I don't know, i feel like the only solution is to remove the disliking with FMRTE every 6 months maybe? But then that feels like cheating, but it feels like the game is not being fair to me, i think i have no choice!

So they should:

1. reduce the effect this has on players

2. make them hate the AM and not you

3. Make the AM actually do what you'd expect him to do so it doesn't happen

4. all of the above!

Hope that is a good opening, i tried very hard to make it a good read and to explain in detail!

Thanks for reading

maybe it would be a good idea to be able set instructions for assman to follow when you go on holiday/for friendly matches.

You can. "Ask Ass Man to take control of team talks...."

The problem is, he's a 24-carat gold idiot.

yeah i did also think of adding options to give us but forgot to put it up

e.g. Options with drop down:

Pre-match team talk - say no pressure

half time (leadinging by 1) - encourage

half time (leading by 2 or more)

full-time (win) - done well

full-time (lose - dissapointing)

sure it could be done in a similar way. Isn't there such a feature on FML?

I've noticed that it's far too easy to get your players hating you for giving perfectly logical team talks and/or giving the ass-man recommended team talks. The ass-man recommendations should at least be neutral i.e. even if it doesn't motivate the players, it doesn't actively demotivate or demoralize them.

I also used FMRTE to look at my squad after my ass man was saying "several of my players were having problems motivating themselves due to personal problems" to find that most of them had me as a 'disliked staff' simply for giving things like a 'disappointed' after bad performances, or a "good first half, poor second". This is without them actually becoming visibly unhappy e.g. news messages saying you're being too harsh, or "feels the manager isn't giving the team enough credit".

Overall, the team talks, and especially the media module (especially new signing press conferences) seem too illogical and unpredictable to be fair and enjoyable. It might just be as simple changing the descriptions of each option to more accurately reflect their actual purpose, but it needs changing.

Archived