So. someone told me no good regens come through?

I dont post much but i lurk everyday and i see alot of threads about no good regens in the game etc etc.

I have only the english loaded and only down to coca cola league 2 and i spotted this guys:

531mqw.jpg

I dont know how to use the hide tags but he has a better PA and CA then ronaldo and messi.

I have plenty of other brilliant regens too.

As people said, the issue is there are too few. I played 7 in-game years with 3 nations running leagues, and there were about 3-4 regens who have comparable quality to the one you spotted. I scooped them up instantly. But me buying these 4 players wouldn't be enough to maintain the quality of my squad in 5-10 years, and other teams (Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal, Barca, R.Madrid) had NO regens who were the quality of any of their top players, and were better off using 35 year old, aging has-beens than 21 year old regens. No matter how good a player is, a 35 year old player should not be better than EVERY player under 25 in the entire league, as was the case in both the Spanish and Italian leagues. In my first 3 years I purchased the best regens my scouts found, and the regens, by the time they were 20-22, were never even close to other members of the first team, so I'd have to dump them. I've noticed the difference in my new game already, where I loaded over 14 nations. In less than a year there's already more 3+ star potential regens than my scouts had noticed in the entire 7 year span of my first save (which was under 20 players total).

If the problem in question is 'there are no good regens', then yes. I think that is all that this thread was trying to say, nothing more.

I don't think i've come across anyone saying "there are no good regens", if someone has it would be a rather silly statement to make.

So a few regens you have come across constitutes you being correct and there being no problems with regens?

No, my post constituted my opinion; was that not implied?

I have at least a dozen quality regens at my club, and I've seen dozens more scattered elsewhere. Though 5 years into the game probably isn't the most apt date to evaluate fully.

..Also, I said major.

I play with the same leagues and database loaded every game i do. I find sometimes the game will be full of quality regens and other times there will be hardly any meaning i need to start a new game.

@ raffius: Jon Mcmanus, a CM with decisions 10, positioning 10 and bravery 5 doesn't really count as a decent CM to me. Factor in his jumping, strength and the fact he is one-footed and I probably wouldn't even look at him.

Valdo: Composure and concentration 9 means he's going to miss alot of chances, ontop of the one-on-ones that get missed by all players anyway and your in trouble with this player IMO.

I know you've said you're a mid-table team but still they don't really look like that would stand out for a team in that position.

EDIT: I was actually talking to the OP and that 1st comment wasn't directed at you.

I have a few good regens in my team and one awesome 16 year old regen in my first team (a truly exceptional player). Will post images later.

I need to say, throughout the years, people have complained about lack of decent regens, but I always have a game full of brilliant players even 20 years down the line.

And an easy one to disprove?

Yes. I don't see where you're going with this?

I don't really believe someone said to the OP that there are no good regens, more likely that he has read a thread on this forum talking about the lack of quality regens and this is his reply to them.

@ raffius: Jon Mcmanus, a CM with decisions 10, positioning 10 and bravery 5 doesn't really count as a decent CM to me. Factor in his jumping, strength and the fact he is one-footed and I probably wouldn't even look at him.

Valdo: Composure and concentration 9 means he's going to miss alot of chances, ontop of the one-on-ones that get missed by all players anyway and your in trouble with this player IMO.

I know you've said you're a mid-table team but still they don't really look like that would stand out for a team in that position.

EDIT: I was actually talking to the OP and that 1st comment wasn't directed at you.

You seem to be looking for the perfect player, when in reality even most top top players have flaws. Valdo has only two imperfect key stats: Composure and jumping, and he's weak on his left side. (Isn't concentration a defensive stat anyway?)

I'm in 2015 and every team in the Premier League has at least one regen in their first team squad.

Also, mental stats tend to develop later on in their career (or at leas that seems to be SI's fetish for this version); so they'll improve. I holidayed for 5+ years the other week out of ennui and Valdo was scoring aplenty, worth £20mil+, had Acceleration 20, Pace 17/18 etc etc.

I don't think i've come across anyone saying "there are no good regens", if someone has it would be a rather silly statement to make.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=188118&highlight=regen

There's one thread i found right away using the search feature would you like anymore?

People say 'we only get average regens at best after 2015 or whatever my post was to prove people wrong, even on a minimal database such as mine i managed to find a world class regen.

Yes. I don't see where you're going with this?

I don't really believe someone said to the OP that there are no good regens, more likely that he has read a thread on this forum talking about the lack of quality regens and this is his reply to them.

I think you have read between the lines and I haven't, which is why I found your first post a little bit of an odd thing to say, that is all. It looked to me like you were looking for an argument when there wasn't one to be had.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=188118&highlight=regen

There's one thread i found right away using the search feature would you like anymore?

People say 'we only get average regens at best after 2015 or whatever my post was to prove people wrong, even on a minimal database such as mine i managed to find a world class regen.

It says in his very first sentence there are a lack of good regens. His second sentence starts there by saying there are 5 or 6 quality regens. Which part of that translates to "there are no good regens"?

I dont know how to use the hide tags but he has a better PA and CA then ronaldo and messi.

You don't have to use spoilers with regens silly :D They wont be on anyone elses game!

You seem to be looking for the perfect player, when in reality even most top top players have flaws. Valdo has only two imperfect key stats: Composure and jumping, and he's weak on his left side. (Isn't concentration a defensive stat anyway?)

I'm in 2015 and every team in the Premier League has at least one regen in their first team squad.

Also, mental stats tend to develop later on in their career (or at leas that seems to be SI's fetish for this version); so they'll improve. I holidayed for 5+ years the other week out of ennui and Valdo was scoring aplenty, worth £20mil+, had Acceleration 20, Pace 17/18 etc etc.

From the '09 manual:

I'm not looking for the perfect player but a significant number of regens have at least one key stat which is very poor therefor rendering the player useless, well maybe not useless but certainly not quality. You're correct mental attributes do increase with age but you are not going to see a dramatic increase in Valdo's composure at age 21, at the most possibly 2 or 3 higher if you're lucky.

Concentration - This reflects the player's concentration on an event-by-event basis. A high rating here will mean the player can concentrate harder for longer and be able to respond incidents late in the game just as well as he did early on. Lower concentration will see players lose focus and perhaps become more liable to mistakes at crucial times.

I would say that that is both an attacking and defensive trait but you may be different.

• Administrators

I certainly think it's harder to find quality newgens for a cheap price on FM10 (which is a good thing IMO, as previous versions it was a bit easy to stockpile them), there's a bit of an issue with a couple of attributes, but I don't think it's as bad as some people have claimed. Saying that it is (as always) an area we're looking into - but you have to remember it's a pretty big balancing act with this kind of stuff. Cheers.

I dont post much but i lurk everyday and i see alot of threads about no good regens in the game etc etc.

I have only the english loaded and only down to coca cola league 2 and i spotted this guys:

531mqw.jpg

I've been told by people that Man didn't land on the Moon, simply believing in something will make it happen, there is no evidence for the theory of evolution, that alien spirits are the reasons for all our unhappiness and that talking to a phychiatrist is wrong and evil because of this and of course that Aliens have visited the Earth and have weapon arragements with the Obama administration...

Don't believe everything you hear. People on here have a: 'poor me ==> bitch on this board' mindset.

Decent player by the way!

Archived