These last minute goals are getting boring

Ok, so I play at home 3 times in a row and exactly the same thing happen when i have a 1 goal lead. Opposition goes all out attack and they are unstoppable.

I try to waste time, play defensive, keep the tactics and nothing helps. Just so unrealistic considering it almost doesn't matter how good the oppostion players are.

They will score and I think that is a major bug that no matter what you do you can contain them even if you have more skilled players.

Going all out attack youself to counter it makes it even more unrealistic.

Pathetic

It's easy not to concede late on if you set up your tactics properly and your players are good enough..

Time wasting and playing defensive isn't always enough, if you're just giving the ball away to the opposition. You can't waste time if you don't have possession.

Pushing your defensive line higher up can be very effective in reducing the opposition pressure on your defence for instance. Also be sure to sub off tired players, and maybe reduce closing down to preserve fitness.

Every now and then it happens no matter what you do that is true (as it should be). If it happens all the time it is because of something you are not doing right. With the information available I can't give you any suggestions though. Major bug? I think not ...

Carry on attacking, they might score but often youll score as well. Hardly realistic.

Look at the Saints Pompey game, thats what happens when a team pushed forward. Attacking play is way way overrated in FM. Defensive play makes zero difference to the goals conceded but just stops you scoring. If the ai go 424, do the same.

To prove this, theres a crappy German team called Augsberg or something similar that always play 424 and they are in the CL every year.

i honestly don't know why people are always conceding late goals. i've seen tons of threads on them. in every tactic that i've played, whether i made it or i downloaded it, it's rare to concede late goals. and still, there isn't that big of a reason to complain. hasn't tottenham conceded late goals in the last 4 or 5 games?

Of course they do but theres something seriously wrong with the game when more goals are scored in the last 15 mins than the rest of the game.

Just look at how many late goals are scored IRL, the game mirrors this imo.

And I still haven't had a probem with late goals. I get a few scored against my team, sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make out, not for me anyway. I don't score many in injury time either though, so it must be down to tactics.

I'm quite surprised that people are finding this an issue. I thought defending leads at the end of matches was unrealistically hard (nigh on ridiculous at times, e.g. two goals conceded consecutively to level the match in the final minute of injury time) in 09, but I've found it perfectly fine in 10. Both my team and the opposition score the occasional late goal, but it's not that common an occurrance. The best teams in the league can put on a hell of a lot of pressure, but I don't find it impossible to keep them out either (of course sometimes they do score, else it would be too easy). I don't tend to change tactics either unless it's looking very ominous.

Just look at how many late goals are scored IRL, the game mirrors this imo.

And I still haven't had a probem with late goals. I get a few scored against my team, sure, but it's nowhere near as bad as people make out, not for me anyway. I don't score many in injury time either though, so it must be down to tactics.

Just check my teams stats and they score most in the 15 mins before HT and concede most midway through the 2nd half. The only team I could find that score most then are Man U but thats only because the refs adds on time until they score!

The stats are nowhere near like FM.

I just conceded one in the 80th(from 30 yards), and then one in the 90th because my keeper kicked it to the player outside the box.. he then proceeded to blast it in over the keeper from 30 yards. Same player, too.

Incredibly frustrating but not regular enough for it to be a problem...however I did find that one result quite unrealistic, but I will only ask questions if it happens numerous times.

If it was a bug, everyone would suffer from it. I concede maybe one in ten times in that situation. If anything, when you find a tactic that works, defending those slim leads is a little TOO easy.

I favour a 4-1-4-1 contain + counter tactic, but won't work for everyone.

I have a tactic that works but I dont want to see more goals in the last 15 mins that the rest of the game.

They also need to sort out the added on time, quite often it says 3 mins and someone will score in the 97th min. 4 extra mins might happen once a season with a serious injury but it happens every game.

Does anyone either score or concede most goals at any other time apart from the end of the game? Youll get that stat from the backroom meetings.

This is a classic case of selective memory. People whinge when they concede late, they remember these incidents because it's very frutrating. But when they get a late equaliser or winner, they forget it almot immediately. It's teh same with people remembering dodgy refereeing decisions or 30-yarders by centre-halves.

I have a tactic that works but I dont want to see more goals in the last 15 mins that the rest of the game.

They also need to sort out the added on time, quite often it says 3 mins and someone will score in the 97th min. 4 extra mins might happen once a season with a serious injury but it happens every game.

Does anyone either score or concede most goals at any other time apart from the end of the game? Youll get that stat from the backroom meetings.

A very high percentage of goals in real life are scored in the final 15 mins of games, so I don't think you can complain on that count. Complacency, tired legs, a combination of the two, but SI have done plenty of soak tests on this area of the game, and it's about right. Teams with slender leads always always always change their tactics in the final 5 minutes - some concede, others maintain their lead, others counter and score another. The situation in FM is pretty much spot on for me, although I will concede that the much smaller teams equalising against bigger teams that don't change tactics shouldn't happen quite as much (eg, Man U vs Mansfield).

Tactics still play a bigger part in than player ability, and captains don't organise as much as they do in real life - I don't think Rafa needs to tell his players to sit on a 1-0 lead over Wigan in the 85th minute; Gerrard would do that for him. However, if this started happening you'd have forum users complaining that the players stop attacking late on in games even though they are set to "attack", so in that sense SI can't win. Perhaps a new role for captains would fix that.

As for extra time, it's a MINIMUM figure. If it says 3 minutes, it means AT LEAST three minutes. The ref can play another 10 if he likes. If you were seeing FM say 3 minutes but only playing 2, then THAT would be a bug.

If you're playing attacking tactics, and if you are in lead and you want to protect it, don't just switch your tactics to defensive or ultra defensive in the last minute's. Some of your players (esp. defensive players) wouldn't be able to switch their mentalities defensive on the pitch suddenly. They would would face a greater pressure from the opponents and cracks down easily. So, my point is if you want to keep the lead in the dying minute's, don't tinker with mentalities. Just put it in the balance, so , the opponents would not put many pressures to your defenses.

*Limit changing mentalities during the match. Only do it if the match does not goes according to plan.

A very high percentage of goals in real life are scored in the final 15 mins of games, so I don't think you can complain on that count. Complacency, tired legs, a combination of the two, but SI have done plenty of soak tests on this area of the game, and it's about right. Teams with slender leads always always always change their tactics in the final 5 minutes - some concede, others maintain their lead, others counter and score another. The situation in FM is pretty much spot on for me, although I will concede that the much smaller teams equalising against bigger teams that don't change tactics shouldn't happen quite as much (eg, Man U vs Mansfield).

Tactics still play a bigger part in than player ability, and captains don't organise as much as they do in real life - I don't think Rafa needs to tell his players to sit on a 1-0 lead over Wigan in the 85th minute; Gerrard would do that for him. However, if this started happening you'd have forum users complaining that the players stop attacking late on in games even though they are set to "attack", so in that sense SI can't win. Perhaps a new role for captains would fix that.

As for extra time, it's a MINIMUM figure. If it says 3 minutes, it means AT LEAST three minutes. The ref can play another 10 if he likes. If you were seeing FM say 3 minutes but only playing 2, then THAT would be a bug.

Ive looked at the stats, virtually every team I looked at scored and conceded more goals at other times, Only Man U scored the most in the last 15 mins, mainly because the time is usually 20-25 mins if they are losing..

As for the ET, I know the rules but IRL the ref blows on time unless theres an injury, goal or sub. In FM the time can be doubled or tripled for no reason. Its clearly a bug.

there is a problem with late goals...my first 11 game this season 8 scored in the las 5 mins and 11 conceded..and to compound it 90% of my goals conceded are from silly passes from midfield that goes straight to there forward who is clean through ...

Archived