Sacked for a taking a club into debt

My team is currently £32 million in debt and we lose around £3 million or more every month. If the club goes much further into debt will I get the sack? I won the league last year but when the season started the club was £3 million in debt and it has spiralled out from there. To be honest I didn't realise the club was in debt that much and spent a few quid but then I sold a couple of players to ease the debt and sold £15 million more than I spent which got the balance in the black for a few months. So do you get sacked for taking the club into the red?

you won't be held responsible for your club going into debt as long as you have control over your salaries and your transfer budget.

if either of these goes into the red i'd start to worry.

however, your team finances going into the red can bring about a takeover and you could be sacked when the new management takes over.

I've been sacked for going into debt.

The club went into administration. Of course, this was my goal as I signed a bunch of players at very high wages. We went clear under in just over a year and I got the sack. Two managers after me also got the sack for being unable to clean up the mess I'd created and the club went into administration again.

The finances are now stable with the £21 million from Champions League and £18.5 million prize money. I guess I will have to not spend any money this season to try and get a decent spendable budget for the season after.

Archived