Player just went psycho on me

I offered out this fella to several clubs hoping to flog him off for some good cash but a couple turned down the chance to make a bid.... and my player just said that he's disappointed at MY (?) decision not to let him hold talks with the club that rejected him... WTF? Now his profile reads like he's got bi-polar disorder.

Slight concerns:

Is angry about not being able to move clubs

Doesn't want to leave the club

The actual news thread went like this:

Sivasspor say no to Holliet-Sivasspor has informed Nottingham Forest that have decided against making an offer for David Holliet. Yigidolar feel that the deal offered does not represent value for money.

Holliet unhappy with manager-Nottingham Forest right winger has told Teamtalk.com that he is unhappy with his manager's decision to not allow him hold talks with Sivasspor. Holliet stated that although he was under contract at Nottingham Forest, no player should be kept at a club against their will.

I think my game has gone bonkers...

this makes perfect sense to me; and its a case of you failing to understand his psycology and needs.

you placed that player on the transfer list - the player understands you no longer want him with you (whatever the reason may be). he doesn't want to leave the club but then again, after the humiliation you put him through would like to have a say at all the opportunities he might be presented with.

you wanted to make good cash out of him and the purchasing club decided to break negotiations.

now the player blames you for hurting his feelings by putting him on the transfer list when he is happy at your club and for missing out in chances for him for asking too much for his signing.

did i miss anything?

in general terms - you will cash out on player you DON"T want to depart with - or with those you want to depart with but have a long standing reputation for being good players beyond doubt (but even then you won't get much beyond their value).

Have you patched to 10.2 John? :)

why do you see this as a bug that needs to be patched?

as i explained above it makes perfect sense.

the player is happy where he is, but believes he is not in the manager's plans and the manager is stopping him from discussing deals by asking too much.

the player has every right to see his future anything but bright right now.

the minute you put a player on the transfer list you have to be prepared to accept whats fair or less-than-fair; not make big money out of it. otherwise you'll have a very upset player on your team.

The fact is, players don't like being messed around. If their role in the squad changes and they feel you want to control their destiny (as you are entitled to, of course) then they will react badly.

This guy does sound like a bit of a troublemaker but I can see how he came round to that view.

Several members of my team are starting to lose it. At the end of the second season my right winger wanted to leave and asked to be transfer listed. Being a talented young lad who could bring in some serious cash I kindly obliged, only to learn the day after that he was upset at being transer listed. My left back pulled the same stunt, asking to be transfer listed, and I gingerly put him up for sale. Then my centre back cries to the local paper that I've treated said left back poorly by trying to get rid of him! Local rivals spiking my tap water, mayhaps?

this makes perfect sense to me; and its a case of you failing to understand his psycology and needs.

you placed that player on the transfer list - the player understands you no longer want him with you (whatever the reason may be). he doesn't want to leave the club but then again, after the humiliation you put him through would like to have a say at all the opportunities he might be presented with.

you wanted to make good cash out of him and the purchasing club decided to break negotiations.

now the player blames you for hurting his feelings by putting him on the transfer list when he is happy at your club and for missing out in chances for him for asking too much for his signing.

did i miss anything?

in general terms - you will cash out on player you DON"T want to depart with - or with those you want to depart with but have a long standing reputation for being good players beyond doubt (but even then you won't get much beyond their value).

Yes, you missed a point... The fact that none of the clubs actually made a bid. There was no negotiations to stop. He offered the player to other clubs, got a few messages "blabla club dont want to make a bid right now" and then the player got unhappy and thought he wasn't allowed to move. So yeah, loco player and sounds much like a bug.

That, however, is way aside the point of the thread. :)

Not at all. He's arguing that his player is flipping out over not being let go. I argued that the reason he didn't get any offers is that he put the player up for an unreasonable price.

If that's not related, could you remind what the point of the thread is?

Not at all. He's arguing that his player is flipping out over not being let go. I argued that the reason he didn't get any offers is that he put the player up for an unreasonable price.

If that's not related' date=' could you remind what the point of the thread is?[/quote']

He's arguing that the player is angry because not being allowed to leave eventhough no clubs have made any offer for him. So what price he offer the guy for is irrelevant; the fact that no clubs made any offers and the player still going loco remains unchanged.

He's arguing that the player is angry because not being allowed to leave eventhough no clubs have made any offer for him. So what price he offer the guy for is irrelevant; the fact that no clubs made any offers and the player still going loco remains unchanged.
I'm inclined to side with djibril'sbird on this one. A common method of getting teams to naff off when they're interested in your players has traditionally been to take their offer of, say, £5mill and say "Nah, we're not having that. Make it £100mill and you can have him." which naturally provokes the club to instantly halt negotiations. SI have taken this 'exploit' of sorts and have made it so that grossly overpricing your player is effectively like saying that he's not for sale. I've had countless instances where a team makes a speculative bid on a player like Cristiano Ronaldo for, say, £25-30m. He's one of the best players in the world and certainly one of the best at the club, so I perhaps think "Make it £50m and I'll consider it", at which point the team cancels negotiations and Ronaldo throws his toys out of the pram because I've refused to let him discuss personal terms with this club. This is a similar situation, just that the opening negotiation never took place...the team is interested in the player and the player has been offered to this club (this effectively began negotiations with the club even though they never submitted an offer to start with), but almost certainly at a value that is much too high, thus the team rejected the terms of the offer and the player has interpreted this as his club telling the interested club that he's "not for sale" and so he is being refused a chance to discuss terms with a club that is interested in signing him. It is a bug of sorts, but is more a side-effect of SI 'resolving an exploit' than anything else.

Yep, I think you've hit the nail on the head here Dalimyr, this is probably exactly what is happening - if you are offering him to clubs for a bloated figure of his value, he will probably take that as meaning that you are merely offering him to clubs for the sake of it, rather than actually hoping to transfer him, so SI have done the right thing by programming this into the game.

I'm inclined to side with djibril'sbird on this one. A common method of getting teams to naff off when they're interested in your players has traditionally been to take their offer of, say, £5mill and say "Nah, we're not having that. Make it £100mill and you can have him." which naturally provokes the club to instantly halt negotiations. SI have taken this 'exploit' of sorts and have made it so that grossly overpricing your player is effectively like saying that he's not for sale. I've had countless instances where a team makes a speculative bid on a player like Cristiano Ronaldo for, say, £25-30m. He's one of the best players in the world and certainly one of the best at the club, so I perhaps think "Make it £50m and I'll consider it", at which point the team cancels negotiations and Ronaldo throws his toys out of the pram because I've refused to let him discuss personal terms with this club. This is a similar situation, just that the opening negotiation never took place...the team is interested in the player and the player has been offered to this club (this effectively began negotiations with the club even though they never submitted an offer to start with), but almost certainly at a value that is much too high, thus the team rejected the terms of the offer and the player has interpreted this as his club telling the interested club that he's "not for sale" and so he is being refused a chance to discuss terms with a club that is interested in signing him. It is a bug of sorts, but is more a side-effect of SI 'resolving an exploit' than anything else.

this is different to what the OP described.

when you get low offers from players and you reply with a counter-offer is not the same as offering players to clubs at a high value which automatically places them on the transfer list with a "not needed by the club" status.

Dont' players complain about the value if they believe you're asking too much?

That used to be the case on older versions of the game. The complaint would be something like 'thinks he is overpriced' or something similar.

Not allowed to move clubs only used to happen if you actually reject a bid.

• 1 month later...

Wow. Quite a long and detailed post but definitely one that helps to further the discussion. Anyway, the actual point was:

a) I offered the player to several clubs at a price about 20-30% above his current value.

b) Clubs rejected the offer to buy him at that price

c) Player goes loco and thinks I'm not allowing him to move. (Hell... I wanted him to move so that I can get some cash...)

Bottom line? I'm shocked that the act of a club rejecting the offer to buy a player, constitutes a refusal by me to allow the player to discuss terms. It just doesn't add up.

Note: This was on patch 2.0

Seems like an isolated case as I haven't had such a situation replicate itself yet. I eventually managed to flog Holliet off for a pretty penny (I hate getting 1-UPed by the COMP on player sales and it kills me that the AI always tries to bargain when bidding for my players but charges me the sun, the moon, the stars, and the stardust, when I bid for theirs.)

Archived