Delap throws

Delap is a useless dick who's only good for long throws.

But that's for another topic.

I did have a long thrower regen though.. But he didn't make any goals from them though.

Bitter Arsenal fan who slates players who dont "play the game the way it should be" and roll over to let arsenal win 6-0.

I take it your not fond of kevin davies either lol

Would having Delap in your team and set as throw in taker have any effect? Would you get the log throws and endless goal chances/goals?

Yeah its a handy weapon to have if you have got a player with a good long throw stat. But you need to have a few tall players with good heading/jumping, and set them to go forward for throws etc.

I doubt you would create/score alot of goals if you used it with a team like Arsenal at the start of the game. ;)

Also same prob hardly anyone wonna learn it, but I got one got with the ppm, he has 13 long throw stat and its still amazing despite his stat is rather average
I suppose like you have people who try long range free kicks, and hit free kicks with power, but have a free kick rating of around 10.

I suppose like you have people who try long range free kicks, and hit free kicks with power, but have a free kick rating of around 10.

Since when have the stats had anything to do with what goes on the pitch? Long shots, FKs and Pens are especially worthless when it comes down to what happens on the pitch.

Tukay - how are things with Luton - or how did they turn out? I've tried 3 different saves with that team so far and only this one has turned out to be successful (so far - just in my first season)

I've only started one game with them. I've taken them into the Championship with three successive promotions and winning the Johnstone's Paint Trophy along the way. Enjoyed a cup run last season, reaching the sixth round of the FA cup and then narrowly going down to Man City. I've only got 4 players that I started with, and only Craddock has a chance of getting games this season. It's been fun so far, Ferguson has just retired and I've been linked with the job, although I think it would be too easy winning things with Man U.

Bitter Arsenal fan who slates players who dont "play the game the way it should be" and roll over to let arsenal win 6-0.

I take it your not fond of kevin davies either lol

Don't mind Davies too much even if he is a dirty sod.

But seriously Delap annoys me! It's mainly the fact when Stoke are playing at home and they get a throw he has to get a ****ing towel and make sure the balls perfect for throwing which takes about 10 minutes. :mad:

Delap only has a 19 in long throws (did he have a 20 in previous games?). I'd hate to see someone with a 20..

Delap has 20. I think he's overrated tbh, Halford has a better throw :p

Also same prob hardly anyone wonna learn it, but I got one got with the ppm, he has 13 long throw stat and its still amazing despite his stat is rather average

The PPM over-rates the ability to actually throw. For example, Greg Halford has 19 long throws and no PPM. He can barely get the ball into the box.

I know there are several players in the world who are famous for having a long throw but there is only one Rory Delap... So if everyone could just train their own Delap, it would be absolutely unrealistic.

It is very hard to get a player to agree to train to learn to throw like that.

Archived