That tricky previous experience dillema...

I was just wondering what previous experiece gamers tend to pick when starting a new game. For instance when i took control of Burton i chose to have semi-pro experience, as the club has a fairly lowly stature.

The problem is, this isn't true to real life is it? Realistically to take control most former semi-pro players would be shunned in real life, yet if i set my experience to a former pro, i would get an offer from a higher club even after very little progress. This is tempting to take and start again, which is not what i want after spending time pondering which club to take control of in the first place.

If i was to take control of a club in league 1 above, i would have to choose pro. For a prem team i would surely be forced to set it at international, both of these would be to avoid poor job confidfence from the board immidiately.

So, what is your chosen experience for similar clubs? Appologies for the rambling on :)

i take it most players who play this game have never played higher than amateur IRL so if you want to be realistic then choose the lowest setting you can. If you personally have played semi pro then choose semi pro. After all you are putting yourself into the game.

I personally always choose international footballer purely because i want to get the highest transfer budget possible when i take over a team

i take it most players who play this game have never played higher than amateur IRL so if you want to be realistic then choose the lowest setting you can. If you personally have played semi pro then choose semi pro. After all you are putting yourself into the game.

I personally always choose international footballer purely because i want to get the highest transfer budget possible when i take over a team

good point about being realistic, but you'd be shot with amateur experience at real madrid wouldn't you?

as a former pro at AFC Wimbledon in BSP, i got offered the Birmingham job in the prem after their manager was sacked. even though i was under performing :S

good point about being realistic, but you'd be shot with amateur experience at real madrid wouldn't you?

as a former pro at AFC Wimbledon in BSP, i got offered the Birmingham job in the prem after their manager was sacked. even though i was under performing :S

even with an amateur rating, if you took charge of Real Madrid I think your rep would rise rather quickly once you started winning games and trophies. I see your point though

I always take Sunday league player then allow my reputation to build. I'll either be sacked in the process because I'm punching above my weight in terms of my job being greater than my ability, or I'll be successful and make my name.

Same here, even if I start with a top club I'll start Sunday League. You could argue it's not entirely realistic, but I'd counter that by saying just being an ex-international shouldn't give a rep to get top jobs even if I fail in the first one.

This is one of the reasons I would like to see an expanded 'Previous Experience' section on starting a new game. At the very least I think we need more options, such as Legend, Top Flight Regular, Lower League Journeyman etc. I would then like to see the game use our chosen age to randomly select us a career based on that.

What exactly is 'automatic'? Does it just set your previous experience to what would be best for the club/country your managing? (E.g. Man Utd. = Former International/Pro, Bromley = Semi-Pro/Sunday Lge.)

For the record, I always choose Sunday Lge. as I want to make it as realistic as possible. :thup:

i dont' have a clue and have been wondering that for aages. anyone know?

On my career game I chose Automatic and started on Level 9 (Super Bladesman extra league levels in the Editors forum) and started at Enfield the fans team of where I used to live as a kid.

We started in the Southern League in Division One and it took 3 seasons to get to the BSS so it is harder with a lower rep as you cannot sign many good players.

Whereas if I'd started as a former Pro or ex International it wouldn't be as fun as you take most high rep jobs that are available which isn't realistic really and defeats the point of starting in the lowest possible league you have running.

I tried starting unemployed with the lowest available setting (Sunday league?) but I couldn't get a job. In the end I started again, selected semi-pro and the first offer I got was Stirling in the Scottish 2nd Division around Sept time. I expected this to be extremely tough but I actually won the league in my first season, I was there for 13 months before Tranmere came calling.

I finished 7th in year 2 and won the league in my 3rd year. During the summer of 2012 I was approached by Huddersfield (who had finished behind my Tranmere team that year) but I took a look at the players, budgets etc and decided to take the job. I went on to finish 11th, and then 7th before again winning the league in 2015.

My team was holding it's own in the EPL which brought the attention of Newcastle after they sacked Alan Shearer in Nov. I went on to finish 5th behind champions Man City then West Ham (still managed by Hughes and Zola), Aston Villa (Benitez) and Chelsea (Stoichkov).

I am now worthy of a national reputation... oh, and for those who are interested, Man Utd are managed by Schuster, Liverpool by Aguirre and Arsenal by Mowbray(?)!

I always set my experience low, that way i can see my reputation grow as i carry on throughout the game.

I suppose if you was a high profile manager then youre more likely to be put under pressure from fans and the board?

On the contrary, being a lower manager puts you under more pressure because the players aren't as willing to perform for you, as i have recently found managing Notts County as a previous semi-pro.

Archived