Scouting Question

Okay guys I am managing Chelsea and have many scouts. When I assign a scout to a certain country why does it finish so soon? If I choose a region I get the option of roaming which allows him to scout for a long time.

Is it because the scout feels he has found all the players good enough?

I want to assign my scout to a certain country and to stay scouting that country until I reassign him somewhere else if needs be.

(I am aware that I can get him to restart)

im guessing its because once he has looked at all the players and made his reports for you to look at his work is done. Players aren't going to change until the transfer window or the start of the next season so its pointless him staying to look at the same players over and over again

But surely he cant finish scouting a whole country in a few short weeks?

There are so many divisions in France and not to mention checking out teams youth players.

I want a scout to pay attention to detail and spend time looking to discover gems for me to sign. Not come back with a list of players who I already know.

Also, Sometimes a scout finishes his job without finding any players

i dont know if this is right or not but i thought the scouts only scouted the leagues you have selected in the game. So if you only have League 1 running for France he will only scout League 1. Also what criteria have you set for your scout. If you have sent him to only look at U21 players then thats all he is gong to look for. Check that he hasn't got any specific instructions

What is his knowledge? If he has full knowledge of a country, he doesn't need much time because that means the scout already 'knows' the leagues inside and out. He can quickly just glimpse over any new players that have come through and give you a report. He also won't report on players that he thinks are not interested in joining you or have no shot at making the club.

im usually only bothered about managing in england so i have spain, italy, france, germany and portugal as view only, only top league and down to league 2 in england. It also help when you have players on loan in any of these countries. You can track them a bit more

Archived