I think I broke the game... (4 subs)

I know this probably belongs on the Bugs Forum, however I thought I'd see if anybody else has experienced this yet and if it's something that SI are already aware of. I hope this isn't a rule change that I've somehow missed, otherwise I'm going to be embarrassed. :(

As Nottingham Forest I was playing a Coca-Cola Championship game against Reading. After going 2-0 up, Reading managed to claw it back to 2-2 and so I decided to change the formation. I switched to a 4-4-2 from a narrow 4-1-2-1-2, bringing on two wingers and replacing a striker: Anderson on for McGugan, Grandin on for Majewski and Smolarek on for Blackstock. Just as I clicked confirm and returned to the game, it told me my goalkeeper (Lee Camp) was injured and brought me back to the 'Tactics' window. It said the substitutions hadn't been made yet, but it also said I couldn't undo them and so I clicked 'cancel', which then brought me back to the pitch. Once there I clicked 'Tactics' again and the squad was as I originally left it in the 4-1-2-1-2 formation with no substitutions. It still said Lee Camp was injured, so I swapped him for Paul Smith and clicked 'confirm' to return to the pitch. Then I noticed that the players I had originally intended to bring on were there as well, meaning I made four substitutions:

Sub.jpg

Here are the team-ratings during the final 10 minutes, which show me having made four substitutions:

teamratings.jpg

And here is the final match report also showing said substitutions:

matchreport.jpg

So there we go, have I somehow managed to mess with the game engine momentarily or am I clearly a moron who needs to read the Coca-Cola Championship rules?

What competition was it?

Notice your GK got injured. perhaps the rules for the competition allow the keeper to be subbed and 3 other subs?

It was a Coca-Cola Championship game.

is there not a rule where if your g.k gets injured you can sub him even if you have used all of your subs?

I'm wondering the same. I probably should have looked before posting. ;)

EDIT: Even if there is such a rule, it says the goalkeeper sub was the first substitution along with Smolarek. The other two were two minutes later, so it shouldn't have allowed me the fourth, right?

just to be sure

he can upload the images

??

well if you look at the bottom of the screenie it says, England > Coca Cola Championship > Nottingham Forest v Reading

This would suggest to me that it was a league game. And the date also would suggest it wasn't a friendly. 16th Jan 2010 was indeed a Saturday so all evidence points to it being a league game

Its interesting that you say ''I think I broke the game''.

Did you edit league rules with FMRTE or something?

No, I've not touched it. I have no reason to, and if I did, wouldn't I do something more exciting than change the number of subs?

well if you look at the bottom of the screenie it says, England > Coca Cola Championship > Nottingham Forest v Reading

This would suggest to me that it was a league game. And the date also would suggest it wasn't a friendly. 16th Jan 2010 was indeed a Saturday so all evidence points to it being a league game

Well coca-cola championship is always there. even if he was playing a friendly

omg fm is a perfect game, one cannot defame it with these lies and conspiracy theories

the answer to the question is simple....its your tactics!!

Funnily enough, my messed up substitutions and tactics lead to me snatching a winner. I love the game regardless of any current flaws and I'm not complaining whatsoever. I wondered whether this had happened to anyone else or if it's a rule I've somehow missed.

Swedish club Hammarby did four sustitutions in a game vs Djurgården back in the 90's. They got fined about 10,000 swedish crowns after the game (approx 800 pounds) and got to keep all the points they got after the victory.

Weird.

I did this on FM2009 when I made my 3rd sub, and before that player came on another of my players got injured. It took me back to the tactics screen and either I or the game cancelled my other sub, so I replaced the injured player. The game then though did both substitutions when I confirmed it so I made 4 subs.

Minor issue which is pretty rare.

Archived