Do you think SI should introduce open trials for patch 10.3?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think SI should introduce open trials for patch 10.3?

• Yes
    • No
    • Yes, but a little less in depth
    • Yes, but SI should introduce it in FM2011 instead
    • No, but could be implemented in the future

I think a good addition for patch 10.3 or FM2011 would be open trials at your training ground where young regens from the local area trial at your club, here is my format:

4 teams

Semi-Finals, 3rd place playoff and Final

Maximum squad size of 20

Minimum squad size of 16

3 subs allowed

At the end of Open trials, the club are allowed to bring a maximum of 15 players on trial at the club (you can also sign them)

If you're not sure what players you want on trial after open trials you can arrange trialist friendlies e.g. Crystal Palace Xl vs Enfield

Some trialists are playing for amateur clubs on amateur contracts at time of trial

Does any agree or is my idea a bit too in depth?

I think a good addition for patch 10.3 or FM2011 would be open trials at your training ground where young regens from the local area trial at your club, here is my format:

4 teams

Maximum squad size of 20

Minimum squad size of 16

3 subs allowed

At the end of Open trials, the club are allowed to bring a maximum of 15 players on trial at the club (you can also sign them)

If you're not sure what players you want on trial after open trials you can arrange trialist friendlies e.g. Crystal Palace Xl vs Enfield

Some trialists are playing for amateur clubs on amateur contracts at time of trial

I think this would be a great idea , Sort of remind me of Wayne Rooney's Street Striker .. :)

4 teams

Maximum squad size of 20

Minimum squad size of 16

3 subs allowed

A bit too in depth, that's just basically a created preseason cup. if you only had 3 subs then how can you get a look at how all your trialists play?

I'd like to see an option where you can announce that your holding open trials in preseason, as a lot of clubs in smaller leagues do. Basically along the lines of when you place an advert for a coaching job etc, you place an advert for open trials at the club. You then get out of contract or regen players applying for the trial at the club and you can choose who you want to sign on trial from the advert then and play them in your preseason friendlies.

This would be completely seperate from the normal intake of newgens into your youth team.

4 teams

squad size of 16

5 subs allowed

Just changed it to default squad size of 16.

Other Ideas:

Make teams of similar level

Team names (named after club legends, icons and favoured personnel and if not enough names then use team nickname or name of stadium): e.g. Arsenal Wright, Arsenal Henry, Arsenal Bergkamp, Arsenal Thomas or Arsenal Emirates.

Some Foreign youngsters come to trials, amount of them depends on City.

Your Son could be in the trials or could come through the academy like regens do currently

regens will still come through like they do currently

A limit of holding 2 open trials per season.

I'd like to see an option where you can announce that your holding open trials in preseason, as a lot of clubs in smaller leagues do. Basically along the lines of when you place an advert for a coaching job etc, you place an advert for open trials at the club. You then get out of contract or regen players applying for the trial at the club and you can choose who you want to sign on trial from the advert then and play them in your preseason friendlies.

That was a feature in SI's NHL hockey manager, where if you chose to have open trials a bunch of players would turn up at the start of your training camp.

Archived