Learning languages

I had a weakness at LB so I picked up a real good investment in Czech player Jan Lecjacs. I didn't realize that he didnt speak English until the press conference when one of the pundits brought it up. So before the transfer window closed I picked up a young Czech Striker that speaks both Czech and English.

They don't need to be on the same squad do they? because the one I bought to hopefully help him is a reserve. Do I have to tell them to work together or does it just naturally happen?

Lastly how long does it take for someone to learn a language? Because the kid is rubbish right now and the ass man is saying he's having a hard time gelling because of language.

Thanks

MM

if you have someone in your squad who speaks the same language it will help the newcomer settle down at his new club / country; but it doesn't necessarily mean that not having one your new player won't addapt to his new surroundings.

as far as how long it takes to learn a language it varies a lot.

an italian or portuguese speaking player will learn spanish pretty quickly - and vice versa; but will take longer to learn english. a russian or east-european language native will struggle more with latin languages.

The players adaptability plays in alot too. Not entirely sure how much another player with the same language influence really...

Since I were playing with a japanese team, and I signed a brazilian DMC (he did ofc not speak english). I did however have a brazilian with japanese as second nationality as well as another brazilian that spoke japanese too. Not to mention about my whole staff were brazilian. Yet, this DMC guy didn't manage to settle in, and my assistant (a brazilian!) suggested that "we bring a brazilian player in to make it easier for him" or something like that... Which is purely dumb, I already had some fifteen different brazilians in my team. :p

Personally, I think how good adaptability the player have is much more important.

The players adaptability plays in alot too. Not entirely sure how much another player with the same language influence really...

Since I were playing with a japanese team, and I signed a brazilian DMC (he did ofc not speak english). I did however have a brazilian with japanese as second nationality as well as another brazilian that spoke japanese too. Not to mention about my whole staff were brazilian. Yet, this DMC guy didn't manage to settle in, and my assistant (a brazilian!) suggested that "we bring a brazilian player in to make it easier for him" or something like that... Which is purely dumb, I already had some fifteen different brazilians in my team. :p

Personally, I think how good adaptability the player have is much more important.

not dumb - its a bug.

it makes perfect sense to have someone who shares your language facilitate your entrance into a new environment but if your assman can't figure out that there are already people there who can communicate with the newcomer then its a bug, imo.

Maybe I'm thick myself, but I don't get how a fellow countryman who doesn't speak a word of the "new" language can help the newcomer to settle down...

Same-nation interaction is the main reason for immigrants-foreigners not learning the language of the country they move to.

Archived