[Need Moderator's] Is It a BUG...?

As far as I know this type of thing is caused by anti virus software scanning the temp files as FM uses them which corrupts the data. To stop it happening you need to add the various folders FM uses to an 'ignore list' for your antivirus, specifically

[XP] C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive

Off the top of my head I can't remember the corresponding Vista path, but I'm sure someone with Vista will oblige.

And no you can't reverse it unless you have a save before the corruption happened.

As far as I know this type of thing is caused by anti virus software scanning the temp files as FM uses them which corrupts the data. To stop it happening you need to add the various folders FM uses to an 'ignore list' for your antivirus, specifically

[XP] C:\Documents and Settings\<user name>\Application Data\Sports Interactive

Off the top of my head I can't remember the corresponding Vista path, but I'm sure someone with Vista will oblige.

And no you can't reverse it unless you have a save before the corruption happened.

I've got a similar thing on my Mac at the moment and I am not running an anti-virus checker.

I also don't use an antivirus program..

I use Win XP Pro, but I didn't install any antivirus yet.

How is this...?

Woah, I may have to start a career with Elfsborg :p

That's a great idea..! Lol.. :D

I've got a similar thing on my Mac at the moment and I am not running an anti-virus checker.
I also don't use an antivirus program..

I use Win XP Pro, but I didn't install any antivirus yet.

How is this...?

I'm just repeating what I read about this type of thing by SI testers responding in the Bugs forum, which is why I wrote as far as I know to cover my ass ;)

Obviously something has corrupted the data in a uniform manner that has resulted in every player having pointers to the same location (before a programmer calls me out, I realise that probably isn't the correct language but it is as best my hazy memory remembers it).

I guess antivirus scanning isn't the only possible cause then, so might be worth posting in the bugs forum to see what the testers have to say. They will probably need a before and after save.

Archived