Winning Trophies - add some glam to it

When I go to the champs leauge final I would like to see the players walk out onto the pith and the formalities before the game. Players shaking hands and such like.

And would also like to see after the game that the winning team is presented with trophy and confetti blows up around the pitch. And things like that. Also a tour of the city and fans welcoming the team home etc.

Also would like to see this for prem leauge titles and fa cup and carling cup.

Just some celebratory graphics for when you win the major trophies.

Could be nice. I've often been 1-1 in the last minute of extra-time and I score the winning goal, my arms go in the air and I cheer, but the players just walk off the pitch. :(

I think pretty much everyone agrees that there should be some sort of a 'reward' after winning a competition. More than just a news article: "Manager Nameless praised for winning the league back to back"...

And on a somewhat different topic - something has to be done about the article: "Manager Nameless pleases board with league win". In that article the board normally says something along the lines of, "Congratulations..... The board are keen to ensure that you limit celebrations so that the club is able to focus on future challenges" The problem with that statement is that one receives it even when you have no more matches to play in that season.. Surely a team would be allowed to celebrate if the season is finished?

I agree in principal, but on the other hand are we asking for a "FIFA 10" visual addition to a game which is, by its very nature, not graphics-based.

The reward for winning a competition in FM is the increased reputation of your club, players and yourself. And also money to invest on better players.

Sure, the news messages are a tad dry, but I'm not sure what use we could have for a short trophy presentation in the ME [something that would look very 1994 anyway].

And then we would want more cosmetic, and IMO it's a slippery slope. There's so much to correct/add in FM as it is now, that we can just leave fancy presentations and cinematics to other genres of games

I do think that you should have a few options.

Like you have the choice of having an open top bus parade, giving players a couple of days off training or not celebrating and getting straight on with preparing for your next match, along with any other options that people could think of.

Each could have their own effect, like the bus parade & an evening to enjoy their success would raise team moral but have a negative effect on players conditions, not celebrating at all would mean your team will be in better shape for their next match but not as happy as they would be if you had let them celebrate, and so on.

Well certainly not a FIFA style graphics.

Just an overhead shot as it is. A little stand is put on the pitch, your captain leads the team up, raises the trophy and few bits of confetti fly out from the stage.

Simple graphics, nothing OTT.

Perhaps the players could do a lap of honour.

It's just so boring at the moment in the final - it's just like any other game. Make the final a bit special add some graphics to the start and the end of the match.

i agree with that, also they should be initiatives like organizing a staff party for the players after winning something important and other catchy things like that.

Also i noticed something this morning, i had a player injured and instead of the stretcher coming in lifting the player on it and taking him out, the player just hovered on the pitch like a ghost hand in hand with my physio... thats weird !

Well certainly not a FIFA style graphics.

Just an overhead shot as it is. A little stand is put on the pitch, your captain leads the team up, raises the trophy and few bits of confetti fly out from the stage.

Simple graphics, nothing OTT.

Perhaps the players could do a lap of honour.

It's just so boring at the moment in the final - it's just like any other game. Make the final a bit special add some graphics to the start and the end of the match.

Would agree with this tbh. I'm normally dead against adding flashy graphics and things, but I'd like some sense of achievement when winning a trophy or promotion, and I just don't get that from the same old news items.

The one about the board keeping celebrations to a minimum shouldn't really be used when winning a massive trophy like the Champions League or a league title either. I'm sure whoever wins the Champions League makes a big deal about it, even if they are the favourites to win it.

Oh I didn't mean a graphics of bus tour. Just that the team returns to a open bus tour around the city.

That's what happens in real life.

And pre and post match celebrations are in the real game, so they should be in the game. If they're going for realism then they need something.

Point is though, you don't always win the leauge, or the cup, or get to the champs league final or any final.

There are some seasons I don't get to win the leauge, or any cups, I am runner up in leauge, I don't get to the finals, etc.

So you wouldn't see it that often, unless for some reason you're winning the quadruple or something every season.

And what about World Cup finals, and Euro Finals, etc.

Surely you'd like to see your country lift the trophy if you're managing them.

It would just add that bit of realism. And sure add a Skip Intro button or something.

But it certainly wouldn't hurt the game, would it?

More recognition is definitely needed. The actual trophy presentation is not even that important IMO and I guess it would look weird in 2D as well, but a lap of honor would really add a lot. Or even players simply staying on the pitch to celebrate instead of walking straight off. The news items after you win something can be improved massively as well.

Well if you're watching it in 2D then perhaps the celebrations would be just a lap of honour and it would skip the trophy presentation.

I haven't watched a match in 2D since I got the option to watch in 3D. I know some people do still watch in 2D. So perhaps it could be at least an option to show formalities before and after the games

Like in the Preferences or Manager Options

Winning Trophies ..... Show Formalities

............................. 3D Matches.......(Y) (N)

..............................2D Matches.......(Y) (N)

..............................Lap of Honour (Y) (N)

..............................Bus Tours (Y) (N)

Other options perhaps - but you know just add some glam to winning a trophy.

This is a good idea but what about when you win a cup final on penalties, watch the celebrations, then go back to your news articles to find you actually lost in the shootout and not won.

Yes that is a flaw in the game - I hope they are addressing that.

Great idea, not so much the whole "tour of the city" and stuff, if you meant watching the 3D players or the dots do it, but if you meant a news article with a description of it all, I'm all up for it.

As for the celebrations on the pitch, and the entering the field and all, I'm 100% on board! :D

I agree that winning a trophy should feel more of an achievement, but only pre- and post-match. All this nonsense people are talking about, open top bus rides for example, is just superfluous nonsense. The game does not need all these bells and whistles. When I win a trophy I feel good. A picture of a trophy in my inbox is not going to make me feel any greater sense of achievement. I am a 32 year old man with a responsible job and a family, and FM is the only time I really 'play', and let my imagination run riot.

I go online and look at photos of the city I'm playing in, my stadium, my players in action. That is what helps me immerse myself in the game world, not a crappy animation of a bloke holding aloft a trophy.

I'm 29 and I feel empty when my players walk off the pitch and nothing happens in the final.

I don't find it fulfilling.

Yeh an open top bus ride is a bit much, but even to say that the fans welcomed their heroes home or something. Rather than the chairman saying "keep celebrations to a minimum!"

And if you don't like the animation of the team winning the trophy you may be able to skip it, or not include it in your options or something.

Trophy room please.

I like that... Something a little more fancy to see your accomplishments.

Also SI should start with a few more original goal celebration! I’d like to see that improved first. But I agree on the post match celebrations. Even a little jumping up and down after you beat a rival or some celebration after you upset a club.

Personally I like the idea. Why not have the players shaking hands at the start of every match, not just finals? Adds to the match day experience, watching them come out of the tunnel and everything. I still think that there should be a 'dot' or figure for a manager too.

Yup, i agree, ive just won the world cup, with England and its over and done with, forgetton so to speak after 1 e-mail, abit of an anity climax really.

Esp when i won, my job status went to untouchable & then by the time, my 1st friendly had come along, it had dropped to very secure & im like, what my achievement is forgotten already?!

Yes to a trophy room. I like the current setup but something more around a trophy win would certainly be appreciated. However as I said before this isnt Pro or Fifa and I like it that way so I dont want those silly images of players jumping up and down with fireworks going off.

Players should run around like crazy after winning. John Terry needs to burst into tears after losing. There should also be a ceremony and pitch invasions.

I also think at the start of European fixtures we could have something like the Champions League or Europa League opening - kind of like in PES 6 Master League where whenever you had a D1 Cup fixture, you would get a quick cut screen.

Would be epic if we had the Champions League song on before each match too. :thup:

Archived