At least 2, if not 3 men offside when the ball is played.

LOL and SI say that the AI doesn't cheat ?

Not only earlier did I have agame where the post match analysis admitted it had disallowed a perfectly good goal of mine. But I have just played a cup match where a goal stands after at least 2, if not 3 men are offside when the ball is played.

Seems it cheats in favour of the opposition as often as it can :mad::thdn:

offside.jpg

I'm not sure about you but I always check the dodgy decisions against my team but never the ones in favour of my team.

What he said. It's like moaning that you always lose the TV remote; you don't actually always lose it, it's just that you wouldn't complain when it's not lost. You only notice the lost scenario, because it's then that things are against you.

Is that a strange analogy? :D

I bet there's been countless times when your players have been offside but the goal has stood, but you weren't bothered because it went in your favour. The AI does not cheat.

How does it not cheat? You're playing against set of instructions not a human mind. This game is hard because it cheats, and it needs to in order to compete with the human mind.

You should read up on AI.

The AI in modern computers is no better than AI in a ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, etc

How does it not cheat? You're playing against set of instructions not a human mind. This game is hard because it cheats, and it needs to in order to compete with the human mind.

The AI in modern computers is no better than AI in a ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64, etc

Oh dear, another ill-informed person :(

You're going to have to back that up solidly with some proof if you want people to believe you.

Take it on the chin mate - as said in your other thread referee mistakes are coded in. It'll go in your favour another time.

Also, the commentary says Heal (where is he?) played the ball to Chenoweth, who isn't offside.

As soon as Chenoweth gets the ball, which you can't see because it is at his feet at a strange angle, it is released immediately, and those other guys are still in the same position. So whatever way it is looked at, it is still a shockingly bad call.

As soon as Chenoweth gets the ball, which you can't see because it is at his feet at a strange angle, it is released immediately, and those other guys are still in the same position. So whatever way it is looked at, it is still a shockingly bad call.

Look at Liverpool playing Arsenal the other night - Fabregas blatantly handled the ball in front of Howard Webb in the dying seconds from a direct FK. He stuck his arm up in the air and basically punched the ball away RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF, there is no way Webb didn't see it and yet he gave nothing, allowed it to go unpunished (when it could/should have been a penalty seeing as he himself placed the wall on the line, or just behind it inside the penalty box).

This shocking decision by the one English ref deemed good enough to be selected for the world cup finals btw. Shocking decisions do happen speople, IRL and on FM, just deal with it, chin up and move on to the next match.

Your giving instructions to your players, the AI. This isnt fifa the AI control yours and the oppositions players, not you.

Look at Liverpool playing Arsenal the other night - Fabregas blatantly handled the ball in front of Howard Webb in the dying seconds from a direct FK. He stuck his arm up in the air and basically punched the ball away RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE REF, there is no way Webb didn't see it and yet he gave nothing, allowed it to go unpunished (when it could/should have been a penalty seeing as he himself placed the wall on the line, or just behind it inside the penalty box).

This shocking decision by the one English ref deemed good enough to be selected for the world cup finals btw. Shocking decisions do happen speople, IRL and on FM, just deal with it, chin up and move on to the next match.

A bit like Agger hacking Bendtner down in the box? Just in the interests of balance of course :)

A bit like Agger hacking Bendtner down in the box? Just in the interests of balance of course :)

Yes. Could so easily have given a penalty there as well.

My point is, there are countless shocking decisions in football that can have you tearing your hair out in frustration when they go against you, but giggling coyly when they favour your team. Seeing as FM tries to imitate real life football, we have to expect the same in the game.

Yes. Could so easily have given a penalty there as well.

My point is, there are countless shocking decisions in football that can have you tearing your hair out in frustration when they go against you, but giggling coyly when they favour your team. Seeing as FM tries to imitate real life football, we have to expect the same in the game.

Absolutely, I agree 100%.

Offsides are quite dodgy in FM and have been for a while. The problem is how the game can decide what is "interfering" with play and what is not.

That said I am quite shocked to see that goal given. Usually the game is very harsh at punishing even the slightest hint of an off-side anywhere on the pitch. This looks like the complete opposite situation.

These goals get given all the time if Chenoweth just smashes it into the net as I suspect. Yes the players are in offside position but 9 times out of 10 they're deemed not to be interfering with play unless the actively go for the ball (even if they're blocking the keepers line of sight). Get over it, its only a game.

These goals get given all the time if Chenoweth just smashes it into the net as I suspect. Yes the players are in offside position but 9 times out of 10 they're deemed not to be interfering with play unless the actively go for the ball (even if they're blocking the keepers line of sight). Get over it, its only a game.

Spot on 100%. :thup:

Also - I know for a fact that if SI removed referee/official error from FM, these forums would go into meltdown with people moaning.

"Why is there never a wrong decision!!? FM11/12 (whatever) is sooo unrealistic!!!1"

Untrue. CM never made wrong calls and nobody moaned back then about it.

Your giving instructions to your players, the AI. This isnt fifa the AI control yours and the oppositions players, not you.

I'm moving the sliders. This game would be a breeze if it didn't cheat, you'd find a winning formula right away. To make a game like this hard, you have to do things to make up for the computers limitations (i.e. give the human managers team a lower tackle ratio, etc). A Computer is just a set of instructions, it can only do what's told to do and this is what makes it inferior to the human mind and why it needs to be programmed a certain way in order to create the illusion of intelligence (and to make the game tough)

I agree that mistakes are made, and I'm don't think the game gets too many/too few wrong, about right to be annoyingly realistic :) However, it does annoy me if, after a blatantly wrong decision, I politely point this out in my post match interview, only to be told the ref made the right call! No he didn't, I know the rules, and yes FA I shall stick to them no matter how many touchline bans you give me! :rolleyes:

I really don't understand why one wrong decision can cause such controversy in the first place. I've lost cup finals to stuff like this, but I've dusted myself down and got on with it.

Man up ffs. If this sort of thing upsets you so much, play a different game because it's going to happen more and more until it is totally eradicated from the real life game, be that through video technology or other means :)

*Disclaimer follows*

This post is in no way intended to offend the OP, or anyone else for that matter.

Refs and lino's make mistakes, its a fact of football and a fact of FM. Man up and accept it.

This is pretty much my line of thinking as well. :thup:

Refereeing mistakes are part of the game, in England especially. Until we get video technology they'll always be a part of our game.

Need calm down people.

Things like this happen all time, but how can we be sure if the Ai doesn't cheat? You say to backup it up the claims and being devil's advocate here. Do you have proof that the AI doesn't cheat?

I mean, in the last three editions, we had superGoalkeepers, One-on-ones, defenders that don't tackle, that act like those philosophers match sketch created by Monty Python, injuries and late goals by AI or half time Team-talks. I mean sure they are known bugs, but it can be seen as AI cheating, that is why it is bug. it is something that the AI takes advantage of the player. So in a way it can be seen as cheating.

On aside note AI of Spectrum and today AI are different, but in its core it is stupid thing that doesn't do anything without our commands. It doesn't think, it only runs several lines of code under millisecond. Now if we talk about how the AI preforms and how the programming as developed to take out more from the computer with those lines that is quite different.

But this is not AI thread it is about FM does it cheat or not.

Despite want to call it bug or cheating, we all agree that the ME as several faults in it and to provide challenge the ME does this crazy things like super GK.

Need calm down people.

Things like this happen all time, but how can we be sure if the Ai doesn't cheat? You say to backup it up the claims and being devil's advocate here. Do you have proof that the AI doesn't cheat?

I mean, in the last three editions, we had superGoalkeepers, One-on-ones, defenders that don't tackle, that act like those philosophers match sketch created by Monty Python, injuries and late goals by AI or half time Team-talks. I mean sure they are known bugs, but it can be seen as AI cheating, that is why it is bug. it is something that the AI takes advantage of the player. So in a way it can be seen as cheating.

On aside note AI of Spectrum and today AI are different, but in its core it is stupid thing that doesn't do anything without our commands. It doesn't think, it only runs several lines of code under millisecond. Now if we talk about how the AI preforms and how the programming as developed to take out more from the computer with those lines that is quite different.

But this is not AI thread it is about FM does it cheat or not.

Despite want to call it bug or cheating, we all agree that the ME as several faults in it and to provide challenge the ME does this crazy things like super GK.

All those things have happened in my advantage as well, so that is not AI cheating. I've scored last-gasp winners, screamers from well outside the area with players that are rubbish, my keeper has been MotM, etc. Thing is that people will only complain when those things go against them. People in the Tactics forum, for instance, are often looking to find a tactic that will get them instant result - surely if the AI employed such a tactic they would be complaining here?

And as for playing the devil's advocate: someone comes in here claiming that the AI does definitely cheat and then leaves it at that. Why am I the one supposed to prove that it doesn't. How does that make me the devil's advocate? That's like the someone telling me I have to prove that there's no god. I can't prove that it isn't because I have no ME code and even if I did the chance I could understand it is small. But I can see that I haven't encountered a case of cheating in my game, which is now in 2021. This anecdotal evidence is the best I can provide and it is better than any evidence I've seen the other way around.

All those things have happened in my advantage as well, so that is not AI cheating. I've scored last-gasp winners, screamers from well outside the area with players that are rubbish, my keeper has been MotM, etc. Thing is that people will only complain when those things go against them. People in the Tactics forum, for instance, are often looking to find a tactic that will get them instant result - surely if the AI employed such a tactic they would be complaining here?

And as for playing the devil's advocate: someone comes in here claiming that the AI does definitely cheat and then leaves it at that. Why am I the one supposed to prove that it doesn't. How does that make me the devil's advocate? That's like the someone telling me I have to prove that there's no god. I can't prove that it isn't because I have no ME code and even if I did the chance I could understand it is small. But I can see that I haven't encountered a case of cheating in my game, which is now in 2021. This anecdotal evidence is the best I can provide and it is better than any evidence I've seen the other way around.

Fair enough on the last screamers and so on and the AI might not cheat and be simple bugs.

But the Bugs are there and many people as stated and SI even in some cases are looking into it to try and resolve.

We here can neither can say for sure that the AI can cheat or not, but there is bugs. it depends on you point of view of things happen against and for you. personally the small period that happen to me, it happen in my favor. Still I don't come here saying it isn't true because I'm winning the matches. i'm saying that the bugs are there I detected them and it something to look at it and due to those bugs I can't play.

I want for fun and challenge if I win match because the AI of the ME helped me win the match. I want to play for fun and challenge to beat my adversaries and not to beat the ME.

You're going to have to back that up solidly with some proof if you want people to believe you.

Are you serious? lol How do they make games like this tough then? Magic? Think about it. Don't make me scoure through my old Edge Magazine collection.

Example: Age of Mythology. Have you played that game on its hardest diffucilty level (Titan)? It's impossible to beat. Wanna know what makes it tough though? The computer produces enemies right away (there's no upgrade time for the computer).

The AI on computers is still primitive.

Are you serious? lol How do they make games like this tough then? Magic? Think about it. Don't make me scoure through my old Edge Magazine collection.

Example: Age of Mythology. Have you played that game on its hardest diffucilty level (Titan)? It's impossible to beat. Wanna know what makes it tough though? The computer produces enemies right away (there's no upgrade time for the computer).

The AI on computers is still primitive.

And how does that apply to this game? Give me examples of, well, I don;t know, players who get condition boosts or something.

And how does that apply to this game? Give me examples of, well, I don;t know, players who get condition boosts or something.

Because it applies to every video game in order to make it difficult. I don't know the exact line of code to poke but I can make both teams play with a 10 rating for every player. The memory changes all the time and this makes it difficult to hack (for peope like me, the newbie game hacker).

Archived