International Management

International Management in FM seems to be lacking in many things, however none simpler than interaction between the national manager and the player. The ability to explain to a player that if he's not getting regular football then he wont be considered, or the ability to convince (for example purposes) Andrew Driver that in fact his place is NOT in the English national team, and that they will not be calling for him any time soon.

It's just a small niggle that I have with it. I understand that the majority of players enjoy playing with clubs so the national side is and always has been slightly neglected in comparison (albeit it has drastically improved in recent years).

Perhaps even the ability to comment on other managers as a form of pass time or hire your own scouts who can scour specific leagues in depth for national talent (instead of coaches who perhaps don't compare). I understand entirely that a national job its very nature is not an all action one, but simple things like that would make a large difference.

I apologise if this topic has been mentioned before, I'm new. :rolleyes:

Has anyone else got any gripes with the national jobs or any comments to further add to my own?

I agree with you about the need for more contact between coach and player when managing national teams. The press conferences also don't help - when you omit a player because of injury the options given to respond to questions all make it seem like you've dropped the player.

Ive had it before where ive not called Alan Smith up to my squad, i get an injury and try and call him as a replacement, and he has rejected the call up.

I think interaction on the above would be great as you could either slag him to the media and say he will never play for England under you again or grovel and say you are so wrong not to play him up front instead of rooney :)

Archived