Pitch Invasions

The 'darker' elements of the game are tried to be kept out of the game and its easy to understand why with how much happens out there in the world of football that in a game it could easily ruin the game for many people. Imagine how annoying it would be if the title race is close and then you lose a star player because he needs some personal time after having an affair.

Players do need to become a little less tame though, its all too easy to have boring personalities never doing anything out of the norm, not getting upset when you fine them etc.

The 'darker' elements of the game are tried to be kept out of the game and its easy to understand why with how much happens out there in the world of football that in a game it could easily ruin the game for many people. Imagine how annoying it would be if the title race is close and then you lose a star player because he needs some personal time after having an affair.

Players do need to become a little less tame though, its all too easy to have boring personalities never doing anything out of the norm, not getting upset when you fine them etc.

but how often do players need time off because of an affair

How often do refs get punched? How often do lasers get pointed in oppo players eyes? How many pitch invasions are there a season?

Pitch invasions only happen really at the end of important cup ties, and with promoted teams.

It probably happens more than we really know. The only reason this has made news is because it involved the England captain. If it was the captain of Leyton Orient for example then it probably wouldn't get more than a few column inches in the newspapers but because it involves Terry the tabloids have made a major issue of it.

I like the idea of celebratory pitch invasions i.e. an underdog team beating a bigger team in a cup tie, lots of little multicoloured blobs could storm the pitch and surround the players on their team, and the players could get carried around on their shoulders, while the losing team walks dejectedly off the pitch on their own.

Not sure if it would be do-able in 3D, but I reckon it would be kind of cutesy and heartwarming in 2D. :D

Yes, I'd like the idea, too. And, please do correct me if I'm wrong, I couldn't see many issues regarding legal issues etc. because it's just unidentified people running on the pitch.

However, I presume this would come with a fine for the club (in the game, obviously), and I wouldn't really fancy that seeing as I frequently manage Millwall...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/l/leeds_united/8041873.stm

:(

Archived