The ME even admitted it cheated !!!

Just had a game, where in the post match report, the ME even admitted that it cheated !!!

In the analysis of the referee, it said 'had an up and down game, and made one high profile error in disallowing (player's) goal when really it should have stood'

Tried to find the analysis again in order to post a screenie, but I cant find the report again :(

Still, it blatantly admitted that it deliberately robbed me of a goal.

true its part of real life aswell , last season in my save i had more than 10 goals that weren't count because of referees mistakes ( mostly they claimed off side but on replay i saw they weren't )

Sure i got ****ed but you don't see me ranting about it

( on Uefa cup final i had 2 goals that weren't allowed but still won the game by 3-1 )

i always check out the refs performance in the post game analysis bit

its a shame that this info gets scrubbed when you continue to the next screen and that you cant be more pro active about slagging off refs

maybe in the future, a bit like manager interaction, you could build relationships with the refs and put them under scrutiny or praise them with comments to the press and then this would impact upon their performance - a la fergie

i think the good/bad decision ratio is pretty good really

In the end, its just frustrating to lose a match. No one who plays this game goes out to lose a match unless for a good reason. If you get a goal chalked off and it was the wrong call and it costs you a promotion, gets your relegated, loses the cup final, etc you are going to be bitter and need to rant to get it all out. Does the ME cheat? No, it doesn't cheat it justs ****s with you, but hey, thats what football management is about, you can't go an entire career of winning everything, you are going to lose as well.

/rant

Just had a game, where in the post match report, the ME even admitted that it cheated !!!

In the analysis of the referee, it said 'had an up and down game, and made one high profile error in disallowing (player's) goal when really it should have stood'

Tried to find the analysis again in order to post a screenie, but I cant find the report again :(

Still, it blatantly admitted that it deliberately robbed me of a goal.

What exactly are you trying to prove with this post? That mistakes and bad refereeing are coded into the game? Well yes, they are.

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that these things are put into the game to make it more realistic.

Realism is being able to have a complaint against a sending off upheld or a comment made by the FA expressing their concern over the poor referring in the last match and seeing the referee suspenses for a few games. Happens all the time IRL.

The best we have is:

You can have the FA "silent over referee critisism".

No point going against the referee for mistakes. The out come of the match will not be changed. The referee or FA will not award you the goals that's wrongly chalked off nor will you be awarded extra points. This kind of situation happens in real life against any team. So just hope/do better to make your players score more or give opponents less chances.

SI really need to sort out the match engine. Sometimes there are 4 or 5 players clearly offside when a goal is scored, then the F.A always say the ref was right. Either fix it, or take out the option to say the ref got it wrong. Because at the moment, the option to do that is pointless.

Very annoying HOWEVER I love it! it does make the game very realistic! It's very easy to pretty much win everything in this game with little "cheats" (saving game before games and reloading until win) so things like this makes the game alot more addictive due to almost chaos events!

Did you see the Fulham v Burnley game this week? Fulham's first two goals were offside but were missed by the linesman so it does happen in real life, which means that it should happen in the game.

One thing I love to be added to the game is where the replays show the officials made a mistake you can rant about it to the press WITHOUT the fa charging you for misconduct. In real life the FA do seem to turn a blind eye when they know the officials have made a mistake.

Very annoying HOWEVER I love it! it does make the game very realistic! It's very easy to pretty much win everything in this game with little "cheats" (saving game before games and reloading until win) so things like this makes the game alot more addictive due to almost chaos events!

Someone needs to have an extremely sad life if they save a game b4 every match and keep reloading it in until they win before moving on.

What on earth is the point in buying the game if that's all a person is gonna do ??

Someone needs to have an extremely sad life if they save a game b4 every match and keep reloading it in until they win before moving on.

What on earth is the point in buying the game if that's all a person is gonna do ??

Young players of the game may like winning everything and take this road.

Because, honestly, if you're 5, you don't really care about realism, do you? :p

Young players of the game may like winning everything and take this road.

Because, honestly, if you're 5, you don't really care about realism, do you? :p

Five year olds PLAY Football Manager? :eek:

I doubt I'd have been able to concentrate on it when I was that age.

The post match report criticises the referee for any contentious decision, regardless of whether it's right or wrong.

You'll score a goal which is miles onside, the opposition will appeal anyway and the post match will say "had a good game, apart from his decision to allow the goal".

Five year olds PLAY Football Manager? :eek:

I doubt I'd have been able to concentrate on it when I was that age.

Maybe I took it a little far with 5. :p

But I know a 7 year old who plays it, and he doesn't care about realism, only winning, which is perfectly acceptable, seeing that he's 7.

So OP, after tonight Bayern - Fiorentina, do you see that it happend in the real life too :D 2m in offside and the refree see the situation, but he just let it go. Red card to Gobbi (even Kaiser Franz admited that it was just a faul not a red card) but no red card for two-footed start of Van Bomel, and the hard tackling from Klose on player whitout the ball.

Refree mistakes.

Like the non given red card for last man Ferdinand (Dinho foul), and the indirect free kick (Porto - Arsenal) where the refree gave the ball free, but the ball was already by Falcao. So, he had to stop and retake the indirect.

well - in my first game of FM2010, I got a touchline ban for slagging off the refs in press conferences twice.

Tonight, I got offered the chance again to slag the referee off for a "controversial" decision. But I just did a no comment - it turned out it wasn't controversial at all, they were well onside with their goal.

I love this feature, my only gripe is that it is too realistic, in that no-one seems to understand the "phase of play" element to the offside rule.

I've seen goals I'd swear were offside, later indicated as being fine and goals deemed onside when no-ones been offside for 3 or 4 passes

Must stress that I am neither an alcoholic or a reloader but can certainly see where people come from when they do this. If you feel you have been robbed by a supposedly all seeing / all conquering AI or been denied a win because of your reluctance to factor in a known ME bug, of course you are going to feel cheated and want to right a wrong. Hence the reason why we have people discussing unwinnable games and pre determined results

Must stress that I am neither an alcoholic or a reloader but can certainly see where people come from when they do this. If you feel you have been robbed by a supposedly all seeing / all conquering AI or been denied a win because of your reluctance to factor in a known ME bug, of course you are going to feel cheated and want to right a wrong. Hence the reason why we have people discussing unwinnable games and pre determined results

And yet, if the bugs in the ME went in the human manager's favour, I doubt they would then feel the need to right the wrong done to the AI. :rolleyes:

And yet, if the bugs in the ME went in the human manager's favour, I doubt they would then feel the need to right the wrong done to the AI. :rolleyes:

Yes, I mean would they really think "that winning goal I just scored was offside, I shall replay until I don't win"

It doesn't happen.

Archived