Most successful job you've had

i've done well over the years with football manager but with fm10 i struggled until 10.2. with newcastle utd in the 7 seasons in charge i got them promoted 1st time round then won the fa cup the next season while i was in the premiership (finished 10th).

the next season i won the uefa cup and the league cup and finished 7th in the league which i was quite shocked by as i had struggled in previous saves. the next season i was hoping i could push for the top 4 to get champions league football to boost my bank balance and push the club to the next level. but to my suprise i went on to win the last 10 matches in the league to win the premiership, uefa and league cup again.

from then on i have never looked back as i win the league every season which stretches my run to 4 in a row and looking odds on to win it again being 4 points clear with only 12 matches gone. even with this record in the league im still never the bookies favourite to win the league which i think must be a minor bug.

the only thing im now looking to win is the champions league which has so far eluded me even though i've reached 2 semi's and one year i failed to qualify from the group, but finished 3rd so i went on to win the uefa cup for the 3rd time.

anyone else had any great runs of success that never looks like stopping

Best I've ever got to is with CSKA Moscow in FM 2009

I initially started with Zenit, was sacked after two season though, despite having a good first season.

After a few months CSKA offered me the job; they had sacked their manager with a third of the season gone and I found them mid-table, or a bit lower I believe. I went on to challenge for the title and qualify for the Champions League. From then on I won the league every season and always had great runs in the Champions League; I'd usually reach the semi-final, and I even won it on one occasion to my surprise.

That's the best I ever did, surely. The amount of games I started which lead to horrifying frustration sum up to much more though lol

in FM10 its my current betis save. Took control when they were in the lower reaches of liga adelante took them to la liga then after 5 seasons (11 11 4 5 4) won la liga. won it 4 times in a row now, spanish cup 3 times, european cup, champions league and the spanish super cup a couple of times

It would be my 10 years at FC Bayern in FM 2010.

10 consecutive German League Titles, 8 German Cup, 6 Champion League, 5 Super Cups and 6 World Club cups. To finish it off, I took Bosnia to win the Euro Championship in 2020, and retired with 1080 Management points, #1 in the world :)

Either taking Barnet to champions league glory in FM09 or my ridiculous Arsenal save from FM09 where I won the EPL and champions league 10 seasons in a row then the fun went away a bit...

I'm in a similar situation to the OP now in not having much FM10 success until 10.2 where my current Arsenal team look set to dominate having won the league cup first season, EPL second season, league cup, FA cup and champion's league 3rd season and currently romping away with the league in season 4, 2 harsh losses to Fernando Torres in the league cup final and FA cup and still in the champs league.

Also: I've always found 'success' tough to measure. But I think once you have a team established as perennial contenders then 2 domestic trophies and a european final per season has always been my benchmark.

I like going blue square south teams and working my way up.

In FM08 took sutton united to the premiership, thought it wouldn't get much better than that but my pet project in 09 was Newport county.

11 premier league titles, 8 CL titles, 8 FA cups, 8 league cups, 7 World club cups and x number of charity shields and super cups. Done over a mammoth 27 year game however.

In fm10 my project is bath and currently in 2025 and in the premiership and cl no title yet tho just an fa cup!!!

Well I've won successive premierships before (and Champions leagues) with liverpool, Forest and QPR but I consider my best taking Wrexham from BSP to Premiership in straight seasons and by 2018 I had won my first league (albeit a very scrappy season and on GD), coming 2nd next time then doing the League/FA Cup double for the end of the 2019/2020 season. Biggest challenge I've done yet.

It's not fun being told you have 4k to spend in League2 yet somehow pulling off promotion :p

Mine had to be in FM09 where I took Farnbourgh Town from Conference South to The CHampionship with back to back promotions, my favourite ever game

i've done well over the years with football manager but with fm10 i struggled until 10.2. with newcastle utd in the 7 seasons in charge i got them promoted 1st time round then won the fa cup the next season while i was in the premiership (finished 10th).

the next season i won the uefa cup and the league cup and finished 7th in the league which i was quite shocked by as i had struggled in previous saves. the next season i was hoping i could push for the top 4 to get champions league football to boost my bank balance and push the club to the next level. but to my suprise i went on to win the last 10 matches in the league to win the premiership, uefa and league cup again.

from then on i have never looked back as i win the league every season which stretches my run to 4 in a row and looking odds on to win it again being 4 points clear with only 12 matches gone. even with this record in the league im still never the bookies favourite to win the league which i think must be a minor bug.

the only thing im now looking to win is the champions league which has so far eluded me even though i've reached 2 semi's and one year i failed to qualify from the group, but finished 3rd so i went on to win the uefa cup for the 3rd time.

anyone else had any great runs of success that never looks like stopping

Well it had potential to be one of my best ever. Notts forest, by the 3rd season i was in the premiership. ever present chris cohen leading like a true champ. Made 4 million from free agent aruna dindane. signed caicedo from city for next to nothing after a succesful loan. Lee Catermole from sunderland to give us the determination in the midfield. various other players etc etc. until the deadly xml parsing error. i've won champs leagues with big teams, man city, arsenal, spurs etc, but there was something about that career which made me feel something special would happen

Notts County, took them to the premier league in back to back promotions. Didnt win a trophy in 8 years. Then won the FA cup in my 9th season and in my 10th won the prem, league cup and champions cup. I am now into my 11th season and I have already won the super cup, club world championship, semis of the league cup and 3 points clear in the league and two games in hand. Hoping to go for a clean sweep. If I do that I will resign as manager of notts County.

Obv then look for another club.

well the the comp i was really looking to win i finally done it by beating barca 7-3 in the final of the champions league (the scoreline was a bit unrealistic which i did not like but saying that its a win).

was close to being knocked out at the semis again this time by real who i drew 2-2 at st james park only to go away and nick it 1-0.

my club newcastle utd is now worth 555 million and im now the second richest club behind real who are worth 685 million. i now have a few greedy players who want 100,000+ a week wages which im not prepaired to pay. so a few new players in this season (just hope the team keeps winning)

also i won the league for the 5th time in a row and im still not favourite to win the league in the coming season (this has got to be a bug)

On previous FM's it'd have to be FM2009 with Leeds. First season I got automatic Promotion. Second season I was expected to be struggling to stay up but to my suprise I finished 8th. I brought in some young players such as Alex Teixeira, Bernardo and Douglas Costa and finished top of the Championship. I stayed up the next season by a point which was vital. This allowed me to rebuild my squad and bring in some decent players. The next season I finished 6th and qualified for the Euro Cup. I crashed out after the group stages and the League was bad finishing 10th but winning both the League Cup and the FA Cup. I got bored with the save and resigned. The media hailed me as a Leeds Legend and all that. Went to a Championship team but found it boring and retired.

On FM2010 I have found it much harder to get into saves. My most enjoyable and successful one to date has to be Notts County. Most of you will agree it's not the hardest job but I managed back-to-back promotions all the way to the Premiership and stay up. Then I brought in the likes of Nilmar, Joaquin and Cassano who had all fallen out of the teams at their respective clubs and were transfer listed. I was always over the wage budget by about 100k or something silly and it got boring getting £5m injected every couple of months by the chairman so I quit that one.

On the bright side I've just started a Fulham save and qualified for Europe winning 10-1 on aggregate and beat Birmingham 6-1 away on the opening day of the League.

Archived