FM 08 - do I need disk?

Hi chaps,

Had a lot of trouble getting into FM10 - won't go into that.

Anyway, lent my brother (seven years old!) FM08 to see if he could get to grips with it. Needless to say... he loves it.

Problem - I want the CD back so I can play it instead on FM10 - I found updates online so fancy a marathon 'sesh' this weekend.

Can anyone remember if my bro can load and play the game without disk if I take it back?

Cheers in advance

im in the same situation as you with fm10 so iv also gon back to fm08 any ways you can load the game with the disc but once its loaded can take it straight back out i do this because when i have the disc in it makes aload of noise lol

IIRC you don't need the disk in drive when you have the latest patch installed. There was some sort of copy protection debacle (sounds familiar doesn't it) so they removed the protection software altogether in the latest patch (8.0.2). Legally you're not allowed to use the same copy on two computers but then again you're not allowed to lend it to your brother either so there you go.

No, that was definitely 09.

Yes I know 09 had it's CP removed as well. What I'm saying is that 08 had it's own problems. It had Securom initially and several people were unable to install it properly as it came up with all sorts of errors. So they had to remove Securom, of that I'm quite certain.

I have 08 and it has the latest patch and I still need the disk in to start the game. Once it's startrd I can take it out again though.
Fair enough. It's not using the original Securom software though.

Archived