screamers goes in, placed shoot be saved

I mean, how should I understand this?

I fight for the match, make chances, 90% of placed shoots or one-ones are saved, but then comes a "nobody" with longshoot Under10 and scores a screamer? I mean, I lose the match 1:2 because for some reason the ME decided that 2 players, one with longshoot 8 decision 13, and the second longshoot 10 decision 11, scored 2 goals from over 30m.

So the GK is able to save every shoot how is taken 5m. away from him, but the long shoots goes in. I know that the Championship is full of long range shoots, but why have you putted in every league? I don't understand the meaning of this. Because, for some reason the player decide to take a long range shoot without run, he takes a 30m goal from place.

Stupid, hope you can sort the long shoots out. There are too many of them

This happened to my Arsenal team last night against Liverpool, but this time it was my team who score on the long shots.

We had 20+ short with 10+ on target, with a few one-on-ones ... but we still not able to break the solid Reina

At around 70 mins, I sub in my regen right back. few minutes later ... he made a cruel shot from the right hand side and it goes into the top left hand corner.

Yes, of course, I am complaining for me too. I had a hard game, I was 1:0 down, had a lot of free shoots from inside box, and then in min. 72' and 81' my DMC longshoot 9 and my MC longshoot 11 scored from 30m. I won the game 1:2 but how :(

I mean, when I tell my players to take long shoots, there are not able to score, but when I tell work in the box, then a "nobody" decide to take a longrange shoot and score. This doen't make sense.

Infect I consider the problem with the game at the moment is there are far too many super-human goal keeper :(

The problem isn't the "superkeepers", mate. There are too many CCC being created, due to the fact that the 2 central defenders leave a wide gap between them that is exploited by through balls.

The keepers' "super" saves are merely there to balance out the ME, and stop every game finishing, for example, 8-7.

This is being looked at for the 3rd patch. :)

The problem isn't the "superkeepers", mate. There are too many CCC being created, due to the fact that the 2 central defenders leave a wide gap between them that is exploited by through balls.

The keepers' "super" saves are merely there to balance out the ME, and stop every game finishing, for example, 8-7.

This is being looked at for the 3rd patch. :)

I doubt there is a "patchable" solution for this problem. I hope ME gets a mayor overhall in FM11.

There are no SuperGK, but the GK get a big "push" to save the one-ones, what I don't understand. But, why does this count only for us, why does my GK don't get this super ability to save this placed shoots?

But this is not the thread, the thread is about long range against box shoot. The GK is saving everything, when I ever I get in the box, the most of time he save the shoot. I saw only few times my striker miss the goal (it seems they are all perfect shooters), but then comes a screamer and it goes in. On the other end, opp. strikers are very good in scoring. They don't need 15 on goal shoots to score, they make it in 50% of chances. But, when I close them down, they don't get a clear sight on my GK so that they can't score. And then the game "invent" some long range shoots, which I don't understand. I saw 6 players scoring the first goal for his team from long range. And they have, like I said, under12 LShoots. They don't get free place to concentrate on the shoot, they just get the ball, make two-three steps and then bang it in the edge of the goal. Magnifique! chapeau chapeau new CR7

I doubt there is a "patchable" solution for this problem. I hope ME gets a mayor overhall in FM11.

They simply need to tone down the number of CCC created, as well as tweaking the defence, and then we wouldn't have an excess of shots, and therefore the keepers wouldn't be making these "super" saves.

They simply need to tone down the number of CCC created, as well as tweaking the defence, and then we wouldn't have an excess of shots, and therefore the keepers wouldn't be making these "super" saves.

that is right. I hope they would adjust this. But, what should we do about this long shoots made by "nobodys"?

I know, but like i said, i doubt this can be solved by patch. I dont think the solution is so simple, because if it was, it would be solved already. Instead they just jugle with screamers/super keepers to solve underlieng defense problems.

that is right. I hope they would adjust this. But, what should we do about this long shoots made by "nobodys"?

Have one of your CBs set to 'stopper'?

I know, but like i said, i doubt this can be solved by patch. I dont think the solution is so simple, because if it was, it would be solved already. Instead they just jugle with screamers/super keepers to solve underlieng defense problems.

The problem with the ME is that if they fix one thing, something else goes wrong.

1. Cut down on the number goals scored from long range.

2. Reward you a little more if your team dominates. Teams tend to snatch a draw when you dominate and this happens just a little too often in my opinion.

3. Cut down on crap teams outpassing the good teams (I.E. I live in Scotland and believe me teams outside the old firm can't string 2 passes together).

and 3. Cut down on the unhappiness of players.

Have to admit, I am close to giving up by now.

I am playing with a team that is focused on techincal and short passes. I create a lot of open chances, but I simply cannot score goals. On the other hand, I get torn to pieces by terrible players from the opposition firing the one majestic 30-40 yard long shot into the top corner time and time again.

I am playing 4-1-2-1-2.

So, my DCs are on marking the 2 strikers, and they do well. Everythign looks fine, but when the AI is not able to score, he do a long range screamer and it goes in. But like you said, when they adjust the defense, and this long range, then they will mess something other. So, I think they should wait with the patch 10.3 until march, until they fix all the problems, and then put it out.

Because, now we have the major problem one-ones (but only on the other side, your GK can be AKinfeev or Casillas, he will still get a beatifull placed shoot in the corner of the net from an "nobody" striker. They have to adjust the defense, and then they can lower down the long range screamer. I mean, this is not Coca Cola Championship

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsTqWwGgXqo&feature=player_embedded

that in every league somebody is capable to do this. I respect all this goal, but I don't respect that 5 players with Lshoots under10 scores the first goal in the season/club against me with a beatifull scream from 35m. I mean, to be able to score from there, you have to have a powerfull shoot, and I don't think that all players can shoot with so much power.

Wooow this is fine :)

excellent prove.

Vicenza : Brescia (I am Brescia)

I am leading 0:1, min 17' my player, Davide Baiocco, gets the ball 25m. away from the goal with the back on goal. He turns and take a long shoot and the ball goes in the right corner of the goal. Now, the GK is standing on this side, but he is not able to save it, because the ball is too fast. What are the statistic of Baiocco (I think most of you will have him in the game)

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3273/davidebaiocco.jpg

Now, tell me how can a player with long shoot 7, decision 10, be able to do something that even C.Ronaldo wouldn't trust him self to do it in a match? He take the ball, turn around, and bang it with amaizing! power in the right (the side where the GK is standing) corner of the goal.

If it doesn't comes in feb, it's by by to FM from me. :)

So, yeah, they better get that patch out in Feb! :D

A random question, that really doesn't deserve its own thread, if I haven't installed any of the previous patches, can I install 10.3 without any problems?

Archived