Hasn't Settled

In 2013, I had Adriano at Leeds who scored 10 goals in 7 games but suddenly couldn't settle. He scored two more in the next ten so I gave him a break. He came back, still miserable, gave him another. Finally, around Feb he was all better and knocking them in.

Sometimes they snap out of it by themselves. I'm not sure how long it takes. Suppose it depends on how big your squad it.

If you can sign a player with the same nationality or who speaks the same language as them it seems to help.

I signed a young greek regen who had great potential but a few months after being signed was unhappy and hadn't settled in the area. His training performances were awful and his stats dropped a fair bit quite quickly so I signed a, quite frankly, terrible greek player on a free and within a couple of weeks my regen was perfectly happy again.

Yeah, I did the same with some Greek wonderkid (who then flopped 3 years later). I knew he'd probably stuggle to settle so I signed another guy in AEK's youth team just to keep him settled. Signed this other guy for £24k and then sold him off for £2mill once he reached 20 years old lol a nice little profit there.

I did sent my French youngster on holiday after my asst man notice he have problem settling in. When he comes back, although he said he is happy now, on the personal screen I still see slight concern for not settling in London.

So I give him a new contract which is identical to his existing ones and here goes the slight concern

I've done it now for the first time..

wonderkid Brazilian striker, I have several Brazilians in my team, but he hasn't scored in the first 9 games. Finally thought sod it, he needs dropping, might as well give him a holiday which can't be any worse..

Usually, I do just leave it and the squad settles but it's a tough 3rd season in the Premiership.

Archived