Gap between my defence and midfield

In my assistant manager feedback with West Ham i am getting the feedbck that there is a big gap between my defence and midield that could be exploited. Anyone know hat causes this and how to solve it, i pushed my defence up but i am still getting the same feedback, and i also play an anchorman who sits in front of the defence

You need to lessen the mentality gap between defence & midfield.

Don't know what you have them set at but I suspect that the defence will be too low.

Yeah the defence was low and the midfield was one below and attacking mentality, so i brought my defenders sliders up and is now 4 notches between my defence and midfield, should that be enough

Yeah the defence was low and the midfield was one below and attacking mentality, so i brought my defenders sliders up and is now 4 notches between my defence and midfield, should that be enough

I can't remember what the limits are for the message to appear but I used to have DCs on last notch of defensive or first of normal, FBs & your anchor man a couple of notches higher then your midfielders 2-3 above them.

Its worth pointing out that having defenders set too low will see them kicking the ball out when not under pressure, backing off attackers etc. Having it higher encourages them to come and meet the ball, make tackles etc.

You need much less difference in the individual instructions thatn you would expect. I think it is no more than about 8 clicks difference between CB and ST is reccommended.

I now have 6 click difference while before it was 12, so hopefully that will help

Also will pushing my defence up have an effect

Archived