Constuctive thinking for SI

What would you like to see?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. What would you like to see?

• Nothing FM is great leave it alone.
    • A cheaper price on release, say £15 then pay £5 per patch
    • Fm to be released later in the year to give SI more time to perfect it.

We all know after spending about 0.6 seconds on this site that most threads end up off topic about problems we have found and that SI should have not have let something happen, or the need to release patch after patch etc etc. It is not helping SI or us their customers. I am not a computer whizz and can not help them fix bugs or ME problems. I am however a customer and have been since the green boxed Championship Manager original was released. So the idea of this thread is to see what loyal customers would like to see in the future.

Please no picking up on other posters spelling mistakes or telling someone to go buy fifa etc. I personaly want to buy FM but would like to see a change.

Of course regardless of this poll SI can and will do what they wish and they will still sell many copies and make lots of money. It will still be interesting to hear other constructive opinions on what could/might change.

I would not be sure if i had to pay £30 at release, its a difficult decision on what would be best... (BUT)

But since i normally get the game for £17-£20 on release day anyway, then that makes my decision for me... :) and the fact i don't like patch 2 means i would be mroe angry if i had paid extra for it

Wait just one second. Why when i looked at my post after first starting it it said 2 people had viewed yet there were 5 votes (3 in leave it alone, 1 in £15 and 1 in relese later). Now when i look there have been 4 people who have viewed but there is 9 votes (6 for leave alone).

Am i missing something? someone can vote without beeing shown to have viewed? Am i cynical or is someone or some people doctoring the vote? Sorry if there is an obvious reason.

To consider paying for a patch is stupid. You pay for a product upon release, to want to pay again to make that product playable is tantamount to theft.

As for the voting, some ppl see the post do not like any of the ideas and dont vote. There is no enforced voting, this is the internet not a dictatorship.

Wait just one second. Why when i looked at my post after first starting it it said 2 people had viewed yet there were 5 votes (3 in leave it alone, 1 in £15 and 1 in relese later). Now when i look there have been 4 people who have viewed but there is 9 votes (6 for leave alone).

Am i missing something? someone can vote without beeing shown to have viewed? Am i cynical or is someone or some people doctoring the vote? Sorry if there is an obvious reason.

Sometimes it takes a little time for the board to update the views/replies numbers on the front page.

Your options are limited. The middle one is stupid and the last one is pointless so the only obvious one is the first one.

No thats not my point. Of couse people dont have to vote and of course people should vote for what they like. My problem is that there are more votes in "Leave it alone" than people that have actually looked at this post, i am just parnoid that someone has the ability to doctor a vote. (SI or Sega).

Your options are limited. The middle one is stupid and the last one is pointless so the only obvious one is the first one.

You need a "none of the above" option.

When people complain about the game, sometimes it's legitimate (Spain registration bug in FM09), a lot of it is ridiculous and disproven time and time again, yet the issue keeps getting puked up all over the forums (eg, "the AI cheats"), and some of it is a fair point but people are often overreacting to a minor inconvenience and treating it like a personal insult (eg, the so-called "superkeeper" issue which is bascially an ME problem that throws the chances-to-goals ratio out, NOT a game-breaking bug).

The game will never, ever be 100% realistic. It's a computer game. Lower your expectations.

The game will never, ever please everyone. Everyone is different.

The game can always improve, and probably always will, but is so complicated, and has so many variations on so many scenarios, there will always be minor bugs that irritate.

Anyone who expects perfection in any aspect of life will always be disappointed.

You need a "none of the above" option.

When people complain about the game, sometimes it's legitimate (Spain registration bug in FM09), a lot of it is ridiculous and disproven time and time again, yet the issue keeps getting puked up all over the forums (eg, "the AI cheats"), and some of it is a fair point but people are often overreacting to a minor inconvenience and treating it like a personal insult (eg, the so-called "superkeeper" issue which is bascially an ME problem that throws the chances-to-goals ratio out, NOT a game-breaking bug).

The game will never, ever be 100% realistic. It's a computer game. Lower your expectations.

The game will never, ever please everyone. Everyone is different.

The game can always improve, and probably always will, but is so complicated, and has so many variations on so many scenarios, there will always be minor bugs that irritate.

Anyone who expects perfection in any aspect of life will always be disappointed.

A good summary. None of the above would = not voting. Didnt want to get into "whats wrong with the game" just wanted to see if customers are happy to continue as we are.

Ha Ha Ha very good who ever is doing this. Its just changed from a realistic 18 people having viewed this thread to a down right lie of 141. Come on at least put something sensable like 56.

I'll quote my earlier post as you seem to have ignored it :rolleyes:

Sometimes it takes a little time for the board to update the views/replies numbers on the front page.

A good summary. None of the above would = not voting. Didnt want to get into "whats wrong with the game" just wanted to see if customers are happy to continue as we are.

Ah, fair enough. Perhaps "everything is fine" is a little too definite. Nothing's ever perfect.

As for the general gist, I don't think SI ever "continue as we are." They are always seeking to change.

In 2009 SI expanded their Beta testing programme to include many more forum members. Without that, consider how many more problems wouldn't have been spotted.

For FM10, before Xmas, they gave more information about patches than they ever used to.

For 10.3 they are taking more time than previous editions, more testing etc (although this may raise expectation even further).

So it may seem like SI release the game too soon and miss "obvious" bugs, but I really don't think it's something as simple as many folk like to make out (y'know, greed, laziness, lack of respect, blah blah blah).

i have an idea which i would like, and that is to be able to buy old fm seasons and databases to play on current game, e.g. playing 05-06 season database, from correct date, but on fm10 i.e. more up to date, 3d etc and costing about £3-5 for an old database

i have an idea which i would like, and that is to be able to buy old fm seasons and databases to play on current game, e.g. playing 05-06 season database, from correct date, but on fm10 i.e. more up to date, 3d etc and costing about £3-5 for an old database

Ppl are obsessed with spending money on here. Seriously go to a second hand store and get an old FM, why would you ant to spend on something thats out of date? Too many Rockefellars on here!

No thats not my point. Of couse people dont have to vote and of course people should vote for what they like. My problem is that there are more votes in "Leave it alone" than people that have actually looked at this post, i am just parnoid that someone has the ability to doctor a vote. (SI or Sega).

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean we aren't out to get you...:)

None of the options are acceptable. If SI charged for patches, there'd be thousands of conspiracy theorists convinced SI deliberately put out a bugged game to cash in.

Amidst the conspiracy theories and claims of doctored polls, there is actually a semblance of sense :thup:

Thank you Andy :)

I'd prefer them to hold off the release date. Despite assurances that this year's game was 'the most polished to date' it was still unfinished on release day.

But that's my opinion and it's utterly pointless as no amount of persuading, moaning, polls or otherwise will change SI's modus operandi.

What you mean is you agree with his comment. There is no right or wrong answer.

I think for each group of people ther is a right and wrong answer, it just depends on what group your in.

Option 1 - As it is, what I voted for. Only because it's the best option for me.

Option 2 - Paying for patches. Some people may like that, others will think why should they pay for a patch that fixes issues that, arguably, shouldn't have been in the game in the first place,

Option 3 - Releasing the game later. Great, but it just skews the problems round to later in the year.

I voted Nothing FM is great leave it alone.

Confused? Well the thing is the options above i defend that SI need to make two year break and release an data updates where we can buy. But since that is not a option (it never was), SI need to calm down on this new features stuff, that is spinning out of control. Thing is I think they are taking a step longer then their leg. Not one new feature since FM07 as worked as supposed to be. Yeah it eventually got it right, some of them, but not all of them. Press Conferences is prime proof of that.

Archived