Playable vs. View Only vs. custom database

I'm about to start another new game and I'm wonder what is the best way to go

I know playable leagues are the hardest on CPU and really should only have the main leagues you may wish to manage in

But what about view only versus custom database?

Whats gives good realism to your game and whats just overkill.

I tried a game once with 8-10 leagues and it was very unrealistic, e.g. players in unplayable leagues going to my club for cheap vs not interested when league was loaded in FM09. I couldnt get into the game as I had several excellent players within the 1st window, enough to see me do well for several seasons so thats why I dont want to go with just the bare minimum.

Whats enough basically :confused:

Good question. I would like to know this too.

I started with all the major leagues view only and made only Germany, Spain, Italy and England playable because that is the only real leagues I would be interested in managing.

But what differance does it make?

When the new patch comes out I want to start a new game making it as real as possible with the most players active without taking a performance hit.

So is there much differance between viewable and playable or are you just better of making all players from that nation available?

I would guess there cant be much differance between playable and viewable but if you decide to go viewable you might aswell go all players available because that would take less of a performance hit, and still have even more players. I'm not sure.

I'm just throwing my "I would also like to know" hat into this particular ring here, as I would genuinely like to know more about this in order to optimise my game for the most enjoyment.

I believe "Recommended set-up" is as pointless as a fart in a jacuzzi.

I'm just throwing my "I would also like to know" hat into this particular ring here, as I would genuinely like to know more about this in order to optimise my game for the most enjoyment.

I believe "Recommended set-up" is as pointless as a fart in a jacuzzi.

Yeah, my recommended set up was 4 nations with small database. I went 15 with large database and it performed perfectly. So it tried to recommend my game should be crap when it could easily do better.

So that makes me think recommended set up is about as much use as something that doesnt work very well at all.

I'm not very good at thinking up those comparisons thingys.

Archived