Suggestion for future FM add on

I bought 4-4-2 magazine recently and theres a supplement in it going on about World Cup 1986 which got me to thinking.

I wonder, would the wags at fmthink of doing a retrospective fm/cm?

As in, you get to manage a country in World Cup 1986 with all the players of that time.

Or you could manage a team from a classic season in the english league and you would be in charge of trying to change the course of the league season as it stood in real life.

Probably wouldnt be a stand alone game but could be an add on.

Dunno if its been said before, I'd say it probably has.

I thought about this before it would be good but, would it be possible?

Dont see any reason why not but I dont make the game, so , dunno.

Woul dlove to be able to manage Maradona's Argentina '86 team or English folk maybe the World Cup 1966 team. Would you start Jimmy Greaves instead of Geoff Hurst? Stuff like that could be good fun I reckon.

I'm pretty sure that years ago SI were working on something similar whereby you could pick a team from the star players of history, e.g a team consisting of Best, Cruyff, Pele, Maradona, etc.

I think it reached Beta maybe before disappearing without trace.

There is fantastic legends database for 09 in the editors hideaway by Deus. He's now working on one for 10.

IMO I'd rather SI concentrate on the core game and meanwhile absolute stars like Deus can go about their business providing us with glorious add ons like this.

would it not be possible for them to use an old database from a previous CM or do they not own them and am i lving in dreamand thinking that?

Unfortunately, I beleive Eidos own the rights to all the CM games and I beleive the split was less than amicable, so I'm doubting it can be achieved without a full re-write.

Good idea, but unlikely.

Would be amazing to load up the game and start just at the turn of the '80s with a 100% correct database from the time.

Liverpool would finally be title-winning material from game start \o/

Alas, you can't and they're not. Bah :(

Thought about it a bit more last night.

Id prefer a World Cup retrospective FM.

As in FM:WORLD CUP where you can pick any World Cup to participate in from 1930-2010.

You can pick any nation and you could pick either to start at the qualifying stage for the world cup or start at the world cup proper itself. Would love to be able to pick my Irish squad for the world cup in 1990,Ashley Grimes would be a shoe in!

They've worked on Championship Manager All Stars before but it was cancelled, I've still got a magazine with the preview article from all those years ago.

The only thing is that it would take a massive amount of research and time to pick a certain team from a certain year.

A World Cup DLC (£10 for the addon?) with historic teams may be easier to research. There's probably still a few gaps where it's impossible to research certain players and know how fast somebody was but the focus would be on it being a fun addon more than anything. Even if it contained only 10 classic World Cups, I'd pay £10. £1 per World Cup? Sounds like a fair trade for me.

Archived