Game is so so flawed!

Tav

Just finished my second season and i think that will have to be it for me (well atleast till the new patch comes!). I love football manager games more than anything but this version is just silly.

I started as Celtic in my first season and after a few tasty transfers (using the ridiculous 48 months system) i went on to do the treble - UNDEFEATED. Which is totally do-able i know but it was the manner of my wins which annoyed me. Playing a 4-3-3 i was getting 20-40 shots a match with 3-12 clear cut chances. I know about the CCC flaw in the ME but still it seemed too easy. I was scoring on average a corner a game and getting loads of chances from them too. The CCC meant nearly every keeper i came up against had an amazing game even if they let 5 past them. After winning the scottish cup and completing the treble i quit Celtic as i had nothing left to do there.

No good jobs were up for grabs so i was on holiday until Blackburn offered me a job in the championship. I took the job but after 2 games i was offered the Liverpool hotseat as Rafa (like in every other game iv played) got sacked after nearly running them into the ground. His record that season in the league was 3 wins, 1 draw and 7 deafeats! They were sitting 18th and were well off the expexted champs league spot.

Straight off i sold the rift raft and, with the limited funds i had, bought my main man from Celtic - Pablo Mouche. In 45 starts at Celtic for me he had 24 goals, 36 assists and a avg rating of 7.47. The man was a monster in Scotland! Had to wait till January to get him but with my tatcics it didnt matter who i had on the pitch. Only losing two games in the remaining 27, winning 24 and drawing 1, i went on to win the league on the final day. Every other game the oppositon keeper was getting MOM and yet i still scored goals.

The point i realised the game was broke though was when i went to old trafford. 2-0 up after 8 mins away to enemy i kept on with the same tactics i used in every game. Attack Attack Attack! 27 mins in Carrargher is sent off for being a tube and taking down the last man. I replaced a ST with Agger and kept attacking with 10 men. Ended up wnning 5-0! Surely not even I am that good?! No one should be able to win the PRM League after being in 18th after 11 games, dont care who you are.

Thinking to going back to FM 08 for the next month. Game was pretty easy but not as silly and easy as this latest version. Im sure however SI will come up with another blinder and make the game great with the new patch. Its just a pity we always have to wait till Feb/March for the game to feel complete.

Here is the save game - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K5Z5FFVV

Here is the saved TACTIC! http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5MRX6QBZ

Important opp instu - Wingers or wide midfielders always close down and always tight mark

Do the same to the oppents best striker.

Remember no tactic works straight from the off every time. Break it in over pre-season and see how it does

Hope it works for ya

manucrushed.jpg

undefeated.jpg

for the non believers

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry, Tav, but... are you complaining because you won?! :confused:

Yes because i won too easily and too often with a good but not excellent team. Never really changed tactics either which should of meant i lost a few atleast. Want the game to be a challenge not just a walkover.

Just finished my second season and i think that will have to be it for me (well atleast till the new patch comes!). I love football manager games more than anything but this version is just silly.

I started as Celtic in my first season and after a few tasty transfers (using the ridiculous 48 months system) i went on to do the treble - UNDEFEATED. Which is totally do-able i know but it was the manner of my wins which annoyed me. Playing a 4-3-3 i was getting 20-40 shots a match with 3-12 clear cut chances. I know about the CCC flaw in the ME but still it seemed too easy. I was scoring on average a corner a game and getting loads of chances from them too. The CCC meant nearly every keeper i came up against had an amazing game even if they let 5 past them. After winning the scottish cup and completing the treble i quit Celtic as i had nothing left to do there.

No good jobs were up for grabs so i was on holiday until Blackburn offered me a job in the championship. I took the job but after 2 games i was offered the Liverpool hotseat as Rafa (like in every other game iv played) got sacked after nearly running them into the ground. His record that season in the league was 3 wins, 1 draw and 7 deafeats! They were sitting 18th and were well off the expexted champs league spot.

Straight off i sold the rift raft and, with the limited funds i had, bought my main man from Celtic - Pablo Mouche. In 45 starts at Celtic for me he had 24 goals, 36 assists and a avg rating of 7.47. The man was a monster in Scotland! Had to wait till January to get him but with my tatcics it didnt matter who i had on the pitch. Only losing two games in the remaining 27, winning 24 and drawing 1, i went on to win the league on the final day. Every other game the oppositon keeper was getting MOM and yet i still scored goals.

The point i realised the game was broke though was when i went to old trafford. 2-0 up after 8 mins away to enemy i kept on with the same tactics i used in every game. Attack Attack Attack! 27 mins in Carrargher is sent off for being a tube and taking down the last man. I replaced a ST with Agger and kept attacking with 10 men. Ended up wnning 5-0! Surely not even I am that good?! No one should be able to win the PRM League after being in 18th after 11 games, dont care who you are.

Thinking to going back to FM 08 for the next month. Game was pretty easy but not as silly and easy as this latest version. Im sure however SI will come up with another blinder and make the game great with the new patch. Its just a pity we always have to wait till Feb/March for the game to fell complete.

Welcome Tav. I love all the 'long time fans' whose first post is a complete slating of the game.

I'm only going to pick one point out of your post and that is if you won all your last 27 EPL games with the scousers that would put you by my reckoning on 81 points, which from recollection would have won you 3 or 4 premier league titles.

Oh and on the SPL, the standard of football is shocking, my gf could manage to win the SPL, its not an achievement, its not even a challenge.

Yes because i won too easily and too often with a good but not excellent team. Never really changed tactics either which should of meant i lost a few atleast. Want the game to be a challenge not just a walkover.

Um... wow. Okay, mate, you find the game too easy. Tell me, have you ever played a game outside of the top leagues?

Um... wow. Okay, mate, you find the game too easy. Tell me, have you ever played a game outside of the top leagues?

Got southampton up to the prem league after 2 seasons. This was with the 10 points deficit in the first season. Won both leagues too. Game is too easy!

Welcome Tav. I love all the 'long time fans' whose first post is a complete slating of the game.

I'm only going to pick one point out of your post and that is if you won all your last 27 EPL games with the scousers that would put you by my reckoning on 81 points, which from recollection would have won you 3 or 4 premier league titles.

Oh and on the SPL, the standard of football is shocking, my gf could manage to win the SPL, its not an achievement, its not even a challenge.

There is no way though with playing kuyt and babel alongside gerrard up front for 2months without torres should i win 13 games in a row. I never change tactics no matter the situation. Its too easy.

Try the lower leagues, like the BS leagues in England. :thup:

Got my team Montrose up to League 1 too, that was actually fun but the chairman kept selling all my young diamonds on the cheap. Had to quit cos he sold my golden boy i had been grooming since he was 15 :D

Got my team Montrose up to League 1 too, that was actually fun but the chairman kept selling all my young diamonds on the cheap. Had to quit cos he sold my golden boy i had been grooming since he was 15 :D

So... you quit when you win everything and claim it's too easy?

But you also quit when it becomes too hard?

*shrugs helplessly*

So... you quit when you win everything and claim it's too easy?

But you also quit when it becomes too hard?

*shrugs helplessly*

Not too hard, i just would like to decide who i keep and who i sale. Could of got lots more money for the player but they kept selling players to the first cash bid

Not too hard, i just would like to decide who i keep and who i sale. Could of got lots more money for the player but they kept selling players to the first cash bid

Sorry, but my sympathy is rapidly leaving. You want a challenge? Don't complain when the game makes it harder for you.

I need these tactics mate, if it makes the game too easy then we all need to see it. Stop complaining that you have done well. Did Pelé complain about being an excellent footballer? Did Obama complain winning the election was easy? If I did this, I'd be boasting. Anything to complain!

Have you been playing the same tactic for each team? If so I would suggest uploading it to our FTP so we can look into it and see if it's somehow exploiting the match engine. Thanks.

Do you just want the tactic? Which folder do i put it in?

Dont do that mate its just wrong. How do i take screen shots of stuff? will put up tatics and anything else people want.

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press 'Prt Sc', normally next to or near F12 on your keyboard

4. Open Paint, or a similar program

5. Paste the image by either pressing 'Ctrl + V' or going to edit, then paste.

6. Save the file as a JPEG

7. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

8. Post the Direct URL onto this site

or

1. Ensure that any version of Football Manager after Football Manager 2008 is open

2. Go to the screen you want to show

3. Press Alt+F9

4. A screenshot of what you want will be saved in My Documents\Sports Interactive\Football Manager __\Screenshots

5. Upload the image to an image hosting site, such as PhotoBucket or ImageShack

6. Post the Direct URL onto this site

Both of the above are for both normal Windows and Window Vista

And upload the tactics mate, want to try them out!

Why people are so desperate for attention.What's the point here,why dont you just lock the thread,obviously there is nothing useful gonna happen here

And still Neil Brock comes and say,"send the file mate we'll have a look" it's what keeps this game going for years :thup:

I think he meant that he doesn't do it...

Tav

If you would, upload the tactic and let people test it to see if the tactic is as good as you make out?

How do i do it and il do it now? This tatcic has a 82% win rate for me. Only lost 8 games out of 98 too

Thanks SCAIG

Upload the tactic please Tav

http://rapidshare.com/files/349220746/GOAL_2__Liverpool__May_2011_.tac

Think that should be it. Important - oppposition instructions ALWAYS do this. Wingers or midfield wide players ALWAYS close down and ALWAYS tight mark. Do the same to their best ST.

Try it out and let me know. Works best putting left foot st on right, right foot st on left and your best in the middle. Also put your best headering cb in the second slot.

Hope it goes well

There does seem to be a lot of issues cropping up with 4-3-3 formations.

If you take the CCC issue into account, alongside the 4-3-3 issues, then it appears to me that the AI's implimentation of the TC defensive settings could be the problem.

The CCC issue looks to me like a problem with the AI using the "Cover" and "Stopper" roles, although I could be way off. For the 4-3-3 the problem would be compounded if the AI is not very adept at utilising DM's or Defensive Central midfield settings.

God i hope this tactic is as good as you say it is :D right now i can't get a win from anywhere. I find this game pretty hard :o. Seems to get harder every year yet every year i'm older and understand tactics more so why aren't i getting better :(

Just like old 'arry he keeps getting better teams but just can not seem to win out!

Just like old 'arry he keeps getting better teams but just can not seem to win out!

I never used to mess about with individual mentalities(apart from setting CBs to ultra defensive when conceding too many goals - a hint in the game yet since seems to "leave gaps":rolleyes:) and such messing in closing down but when i try out these theories they never work hehe. Maybe the next patch they will somehow work.

In patch 1 i was good :D

I never used to mess about with individual mentalities(apart from setting CBs to ultra defensive when conceding too many goals - a hint in the game yet since seems to "leave gaps":rolleyes:) and such messing in closing down but when i try out these theories they never work hehe. Maybe the next patch they will somehow work.

In patch 1 i was good :D

Off topic.

If you are with spurs atm try 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2.

Short passing, high tempo if you want my tactics just PM me pal, seems to work for me!

Thinking to going back to FM 08 for the next month. Game was pretty easy but not as silly and easy as this latest version. Im sure however SI will come up with another blinder and make the game great with the new patch. Its just a pity we always have to wait till Feb/March for the game to fell complete.

UNDEFEATED? Absolute **** talk! Show me your saved game! Upload your saved game!

Archived