Brazilans with Korean names???

Hi all

Has anybody else noticed Brazilan footballers with Korean names. There is an abundance of players from Brazil with Korean names like Le Chi and Chin Ho in my game and they do not have dual nationality either. I'm not playing with any patches, so it may well be a bug, but I don't particularly want to remedy this as I find it amusing. I make believe that there was mass exodus of Koreans after an earthquake or some other natural disaster.

It may not be a bug.....there are a lot brazilians of asian descent these days

I think that some countries dont automatically make you a citizen just because your parents are one and that may be the case here

Sao Paolo has a huge Japanese community and about 40-50,000 Koreans. So yes Asian named Brazilians seems perfectly ok. The nationality thing is odd as I believe Brazil had an amnesty for people fairly recently and I am told getting a passport there is not too hard, don't even need to get married just have a child with a Brazilian woman.

• 2 months later...
No I haven't edited anything or been using FMRTE, whatever that is

Are the names actually in the game or do you see the names in geniescout when looking for Brazilian players? The latter happened to me. There were lots of Brazilian newgens with Korean names in Geniescout, but when I went to look for them in the game they were nowhere to be found. By going to the club and looking for the players there I found that the exact same players had Brazilian names in the game. So in my case it was just a strange bug in Geniescout not in the game itself.

Are the names actually in the game or do you see the names in geniescout when looking for Brazilian players? The latter happened to me. There were lots of Brazilian newgens with Korean names in Geniescout, but when I went to look for them in the game they were nowhere to be found. By going to the club and looking for the players there I found that the exact same players had Brazilian names in the game. So in my case it was just a strange bug in Geniescout not in the game itself.

This also happened in a thread created by rowersawh7 in the Challenges forum.

Hi all

Has anybody else noticed Brazilan footballers with Korean names. There is an abundance of players from Brazil with Korean names like Le Chi and Chin Ho in my game and they do not have dual nationality either. I'm not playing with any patches, so it may well be a bug, but I don't particularly want to remedy this as I find it amusing. I make believe that there was mass exodus of Koreans after an earthquake or some other natural disaster.

Could you post some screenshots please?

I have never seen this bug before and it has never been reported before, so I want to confirm if it's an actual bug or just a problem with Geniescout.

Archived