Consistent Mid Season slump.....

In every game I have started I generally do at least as well as expected. A rarely do bad and generally achieve success. Therefore this question is not because I am annoyed because I can never achieve success.

However another occurence in every game I have started is amazing performances up until december. My players do not become soo tired that they forget what a football looks like nor do I have injuries affecting the team so much that I cannot put out a quality first team. I quite easily have a better first team and squad than the rest of the divison except from one team whom I am not playing during this, usual, bad spell.

My question is exactly what can I do to stop this bad spell as it is completely ridiculous. I do not expect to go the whole season unbeaten. I previously went 10 games unbeaten before losing away to the team whom may have similar quality to me. Then went 10 games unbeaten again..... why? Simply because I am better than them, however as soon as I hit this certain point in the season I cannot beat the same teams I was dominating previously. I would expect to lose a game in this period but what I do not expect is that I cannot beat the teams I have been beating previously. How often do you see a team whom is the best in the league go 5 matches without beating teams they were previously beating. Im not talking about a team who were overachieving im talking about a team who is probably the best in the league.

If you think this is 'supposed' to happen, although I disagree, then thats fair enough. But can you therefore give me some sort of an answer as to how the hell you compete against such a slump year in year out regardless of how good your team is? And I would not expect to have to change my formation to adapt to teams so much worse than me.

AFAIK

It is the AI adapting to your tactics etc.

Plus, when you play a team more than once, they are more likely to 'already know' what your players will do in a game.

Hence the need to adapt and change things around a little from time to time, but not too drastic as that will nearly always lead to unpleasant consequences.

I know, i Newcastle, 1st season, got sum of the best freebies out there, so i had a decent team, better than the Championship, in my opinion.

Start well, not scoring loads but winning most, hit X-mas time, i dropped in the play-offs, just could get the team to perform as they where, managed to start competing for the top spot again, but each game was a struggle, i was losing against teams who i should of been beating easily & then the last few games of the season, i was top just, lost or drew my last few games to finish 3rd & have to go through the play-offs, which requried a replay of the match 2 face middlesbrough in the final, where my was gettin losing by a goal & getting totatly out played, thankfully, cos i admit i was considering anyway, aving been so close to promotion all season, i was tempted to hit quit & load the save back-up, endin up crashing anyway though, array out of bounds or sumthin, does that aleast once every day (i ave since figured, that i can keep on playing, setting the screen size to max resoloution, so i can press continue before it times out & goes back to normal, so i then can press save & quit) anyway, i loaded it back up & my team where amazing, beatin middlesbrough easily, got into the premier but felt like i had cheated though, so havent played that save since.

I have 2 season slumps...One around December time - which I put down to being the busiest point of the season - and another towards the end, but form normally picks up towards the last 2 or 3 games.

In the last 2 seasons I have been top of the table from September to November then I start dropping points in the run up to Christmas. I've finished 3rd last year and am about to finish 2nd (hopefully) this season.

Archived