10.3 Patch - Transfers

they SHOULD be set to a future transfer in jan but never are. Its a joke. Its not hard to do and they say they want a realistic game but this is just stupid.

Say you start a new game with Portsmouth. Your gonna lose all of your best players at the start of the season when in reality half of them didnt leave until Jan. Same goes for the teams that got these players. Why should they have a better squad for the first half of the season when in reality they didnt.

Sort It Out SI

Agreed, it's strange that's it's never been done this way, having them as future transfers would be more realistic.

they SHOULD be set to a future transfer in jan but never are. Its a joke. Its not hard to do and they say they want a realistic game but this is just stupid.

Say you start a new game with Portsmouth. Your gonna lose all of your best players at the start of the season when in reality half of them didnt leave until Jan. Same goes for the teams that got these players. Why should they have a better squad for the first half of the season when in reality they didnt.

Sort It Out SI

I agree with StevoRobbo, it is not realistic. I am amazed with the amount of people who answer every topic "dont blame SI, its realistic" or " It happens in real life" then post up a stat from a game from the 3rd division 17 years ago.

Thhis is the problem that SI face, they try to be too realistic and add too many things, the game gets over compicated and messy and then bugs like the above are spotted. I think a back to basics approach would be better with the things that are in the game working without fault.

Well you don't have to play with the updated database, if you want to keep it realistic from the start of the season.

You can update your game with the 10.3 patch and still play with the 10.2 database(As long as you have installed the 10.2 patch before 10.3)

Yeah its not realistic in that the teams did not start with those players at the start of the season, but if SI set every transfer as a future transfer, what about if you wanted to sign a player that as already agreed to join another team in January, or if one of your best players was going to leave in January no matter what you do, takes the fun out of it a little.

By taking over a team you are changing fate anyway, so its a tottaly different season to real life, as long as its realistic at the start of the game, then that's fine.

Then when you start playing the game, results will go a different way than they did in real life.

It will be your own game, Pompey could be sitting up in 10th place and Hull could be sitting rock bottom, Liverpool could be sitting 1st or 2nd & Spurs could be in the bottom half of the table on your game come January ..etc

So hence the January transfer market will be different. :p

Don't you want to play your own game and be in controll of your own transfers & sign your own plyers?

Its like setting all the fixtures and results to be exactly the same as real life, no matter what tactic you use it is going to be the same result as real life to keep the game realistic.

Well you don't have to play with the updated database, if you want to keep it realistic from the start of the season.

You can update your game with the 10.3 patch and still play with the 10.2 database(As long as you have installed the 10.2 patch before 10.3)

Yeah its not realistic in that the teams did not start with those players at the start of the season, but if SI set every transfer as a future transfer, what about if you wanted to sign a player that as already agreed to join another team in January, or if one of your best players was going to leave in January no matter what you do, takes the fun out of it a little.

By taking over a team you are changing fate anyway, so its a tottaly different season to real life, as long as its realistic at the start of the game, then that's fine.

Then when you start playing the game, results will go a different way than they did in real life.

It will be your own game, Pompey could be sitting up in 10th place and Hull could be sitting rock bottom, Liverpool could be sitting 1st or 2nd & Spurs could be in the bottom half of the table on your game come January ..etc

Don't you want to play your own game and be in controll of your own transfers & sign your own plyers?

Its like setting all the fixtures and results to be exactly the same as real life, no matter what tactic you use it is going to be the same result as real life to keep the game realistic.

Now that wouldn't be realistic. :p:p:p

If I started off as manager of a team at the beginning of the FM2010 season I wouldn't want up to date future transfers going through, as I am the manager and I didn't make them - not to mention that they wouldn't have been made at that point in time anyway.

To be honest i only play as Newcastle im pretty glad i get to start fresh with the new transfers.

Also if you was playing as Portsmouth i would rather start with players and a team i can use all the way through the season then have to buy replacments for my players that i know are leaving in jan

You have answered your own question even before raising the question...

Sort It Out SI

There's a website for that.

it is annoying but i think SI would lose track of each transger and come the summer would forget which transfers were set as future transfers and need to be changed to players at a different club

What i would like SI to change is the transfer system. Players in last year of contract keep resigning at the 31 of December!! A smart player and agent would wait to see what's out there and they would get more leverage with their current owner in terms of negociation.

Another thing i don't like it's top teams buying unkown 33 year olds. And transfers like Guerrero to Barça, Ebert (Hertha) to Inter. There's too much shuffle in the transfer market, after one season i can't recognize must teams..

Other than that, yes, it should be future transfer. ;)

I'd much prefer the two items to be separate: Patch and Transfer Update.

I'd much rather choose my own transfers as of the start of the season, but still make use of the patch changes/fixes etc. Would that mean starting a game in 10.2, saving it, then updating to 10.3 and loading/playing the save? Maybe I'm missing something...

I'd much prefer the two items to be separate: Patch and Transfer Update.

I'd much rather choose my own transfers as of the start of the season, but still make use of the patch changes/fixes etc. Would that mean starting a game in 10.2, saving it, then updating to 10.3 and loading/playing the save? Maybe I'm missing something...

No. Your game will have all the benefits of the 10.3 patch and you can choose whichever database you want at the creation of a new game.

You get exactly what you want.

No. Your game will have all the benefits of the 10.3 patch and you can choose whichever database you want at the creation of a new game.

You get exactly what you want.

Excellent! Thanks for that. :thup:

Pleasing some of the people all of the time springs to mind.

Yeah, I really don't normally have anything negative to say, as creating a complex game such as FM, while trying to keep multitudes of opinions and people happy cannot be easy.

Thanks for the info.

Right ok look at it this way. If it is how you say it is in the bold txt then for FM11, they might as well not include any transfers for the start of next season because one of the best players has left the team you are going to manager or they have bought players you dont want.

There is an option to not allow transfer budgets in the first window. This is so the game can be as realistic as possible stopping you from bringing your own players in and using the same squad as IRL till at least Jan.

Why cant SI release 2 versions of the patch. 1 with Jan transfers in but players already at the club from the start. 1 with Jan transfers that actually happen in Jan. It wouldnt be that hard to do. There's already a future transfer database in the editors forum so if 1 guy can do this off his own back then im sure SI could just as easily do it.

If they do release a patch with future transfers. maybe they could change the option of the transfer budget in the first window to the first 2 windows. This way you cant buy players at the start of the season, then you either get players in or out in Jan depending if your club have any transfers set. So for the first season you have the correct squad. After all, you start in July with the correct squad so why not Jan. Currently the only way you can do this is if you add Russia as one of your leagues and start in England in Jan 2010 but then half of the season has been simmed.

As i want to play my game like this I am forced to start my save in Jan just so i can play with real teams from the correct times. Then this causes you not to get any new youth players until the start of the third season

People like to play the game in different ways and these ways should be catered for. I hope SI can do something about this. As i said, its not hard to do.

Using Portsmouth as an example again, people may think its more enjoyable to start with Pompy with all the best players gone from the start and try to keep them up. Thats fine but i see that as fighting a losing battle. I want to be able to start with them knowing i need to get as many points as possible before Jan because i am going to lose half of my squad and ive got to really really try to keep them up.

I really hope SI can make a future transfers patch for players like me that want to play the game this way. A realistic way. It shouldnt be down to us to make our own databases to fix something that should be in place anyway. Considering that do want the game to be as realistic as possible. That is what they want isnt it?

Right ok look at it this way. If it is how you say it is in the bold txt then for FM11, they might as well not include any transfers for the start of next season because one of the best players has left the team you are going to manager or they have bought players you dont want.

There is an option to not allow transfer budgets in the first window. This is so the game can be as realistic as possible stopping you from bringing your own players in and using the same squad as IRL till at least Jan.

Why cant SI release 2 versions of the patch. 1 with Jan transfers in but players already at the club from the start. 1 with Jan transfers that actually happen in Jan. It wouldnt be that hard to do. There's already a future transfer database in the editors forum so if 1 guy can do this off his own back then im sure SI could just as easily do it.

If they do release a patch with future transfers. maybe they could change the option of the transfer budget in the first window to the first 2 windows. This way you cant buy players at the start of the season, then you either get players in or out in Jan depending if your club have any transfers set. So for the first season you have the correct squad. After all, you start in July with the correct squad so why not Jan. Currently the only way you can do this is if you add Russia as one of your leagues and start in England in Jan 2010 but then half of the season has been simmed.

As i want to play my game like this I am forced to start my save in Jan just so i can play with real teams from the correct times. Then this causes you not to get any new youth players until the start of the third season

People like to play the game in different ways and these ways should be catered for. I hope SI can do something about this. As i said, its not hard to do.

Using Portsmouth as an example again, people may think its more enjoyable to start with Pompy with all the best players gone from the start and try to keep them up. Thats fine but i see that as fighting a losing battle. I want to be able to start with them knowing i need to get as many points as possible before Jan because i am going to lose half of my squad and ive got to really really try to keep them up.

I really hope SI can make a future transfers patch for players like me that want to play the game this way. A realistic way. It shouldnt be down to us to make our own databases to fix something that should be in place anyway. Considering that do want the game to be as realistic as possible. That is what they want isnt it?

This won't work.

What happens if a player gets injured on your FM game that isn't injured in real life? He would fail his medical and not get transferred.

What happens if a real-life selling team start to make a push for top 4 on your FM game? They probably wouldn't sell players on the cheap if they need them.

This won't work.

What happens if a player gets injured on your FM game that isn't injured in real life? He would fail his medical and not get transferred.

What happens if a real-life selling team start to make a push for top 4 on your FM game? They probably wouldn't sell players on the cheap if they need them.

If a club is a selling club they always will be. That is down to the chairman's stats.

Does an injured player not still join a club if they are injured? I thought they did. Well if they dont then its just tough isnt it. Or you could always use the dreaded editor to remove the injury before he is due to join your team

With the 10.2 patch Milan had a future transfer arranged for ???????(i forgot his name he won best und 20 player this summer,he's from Ghana),but i guess in the 3rdh patch he will be in Milan from the beginning.

Adiyah. But, there is a problem with this. In my game, milan couldn't sign him, because they bought (for no reason) Lincoln for 3,1M€ and he is a NON-EU player, so he took the free NON-EU place away, and the transfer was cancelled :confused:

So, I would like it to, when the players be transfered in januar, but then lock the NON-EU place for some teams. Because, in this way, you will have Adiyah in Milan team from the begining, and you will have 2 free NON-EU places :(

I still think we should be given the option to start a new game in winter. That way we can continue our team's season, based on real life rankings. imagine, you can save your team from relegation or continue their great form. I don't see why this would be a great problem for SI, it's just a save game with the results already built in...

I still think we should be given the option to start a new game in winter. That way we can continue our team's season, based on real life rankings. imagine, you can save your team from relegation or continue their great form. I don't see why this would be a great problem for SI, it's just a save game with the results already built in...

This is a far better idea than having future transfers set at the beginning of the season.

Neither option is realistic. Not unless you allow absolutely zero other transfers until the following summer.

All transfers in place, not true to life but allows the player more freedom to build their own team.

Future transfers set, and you have a new manager coming in who might not necessarily want the new player. What if you take over Spurs and Keane nets you 20 goals before Xmas but you can't stop him going on loan to Celtic?

So both solutions are flawed.

An option to start the game the day after the January transfer window closes would be my choice.

To be honest, it's a database update meaning that the database is up to date from January 2010 and not July 2009 when the game starts. If they set all the transfers to future one's then they would have to update the database again to switch the parent club. Just sounds like double the work if they did it that way.

Transfers that were made in January (e.g. Vieira, Adam Johnson) should be in their new teams from the begining of the first season.

And e.g. Chris Smalling should be joining Man Utd on 1.7.2010.

And I wouldn't like that option to start on january 1st.

Those are my wishes. :D

Transfers that were made in January (e.g. Vieira, Adam Johnson) should be in their new teams from the begining of the first season.

And e.g. Chris Smalling should be joining Man Utd on 1.7.2010.

And I wouldn't like that option to start on january 1st.

Those are my wishes. :D

Pretty sure no one would force you to start from January, it would just be the most realistic option.

1) Game should be able to start in Feb 1st/2nd with the new data and new transfers

2) Game should be able to start in June/July but with the updated DATA (IE victor moses, smalling all get stat boost) but with summer transfers NOT WINTER transfers.

3) Game should be able to start in May (end of season) with NO TRANSFERS so I can make the transfers I want.

I think SI should release a real time editor with FM11

so we would have the option to go with january transfers real time if we want to

it wouldnt take long to do them yourself........day by day as they are happening if you want to

as it isnt realistic when with the new update players will allready be at the ''new'' club for 2010

I think SI should release a real time editor with FM11

so we would have the option to go with january transfers real time if we want to

it wouldnt take long to do them yourself........day by day as they are happening if you want to

as it isnt realistic when with the new update players will allready be at the ''new'' club for 2010

Actually they shoul do what I said and just charge some small fee for it like $5 or w/e.

There is one problem.

Sure you can start the game with the previous database and not get any of the winter transfers, but that means you also completely miss out on the data updates.

There needs to be an option to start with 10.3 database but with no winter transfers.

There is one problem.

Sure you can start the game with the previous database and not get any of the winter transfers, but that means you also completely miss out on the data updates.

There needs to be an option to start with 10.3 database but with no winter transfers.

thing is even if they do that, the new DB will also change the CA and the PA. So your players might have a 6 month boost in CA. If anything one could manually update all the PA which would be whack. If there was a way to merge the data we could do it ourselves (or SI and save us the trouble).

There is one problem.

As a matter of fact when you start with the previus database (eg 10.2), which is without winter transfers, all data updates are included, as such attributes for the players. The thing is that in previus version of the game they always managed to f*** up something for those who wonts to play realistic, which means when you start the game in july 2009 there should not be any history, loan or transfers which has happand between july 2009 and feb 2010 IRL.

Last year, Robbie Keane has been bought by Liverpool during the summer transfer window in real life. The same Robbie Keane was sold back to Tottenham when Redknapp took over during the winter transfer. When the february update was in place the game chose to interpret this as follows (despite the fact that I chose to play with data base 90.2 and not 90.3): the start of the game was the summer of 2008, and I chose to play with the data base 90.2, however, the game chose to have Robbie Keane as Tottenham player in the summer of 2008. In addition, Robbie Kean`s history said that he played for Liverpool! This is just an example of how bad this feature worked. There were too many examples where the game decided to include the player's real life loan in their history, when this should not be included in the game when you start the game in the summer of 2008 and with data base from 90.2.

Another example is the managers and staff update. Last year, Blackburn was under the leadership of Ince in the summer of 2008. He was then sacked in autumn 2008 in real life. When february update arrived, I started the game in the summer of 2008 and chose once again data base 90.2 insted of 90.3. Despite this, the game chose Sam Allardyce as Blackburn manager in sommer 2008, who in real life joined the club in december? I know that Ince was sacked IRL, but this should not be included when I chose to play with data base 90.2 and with the summer of 2008 as a starting point, because in real life Ince was still manager at Blackburn at that time. This must be rectified this year.

I am pretty sad and update transfers, loans and manager moves when ever they happen and just put them as future transfers and now the bugs that annoyed me have been fixed with the 10.2 patch I see no need to even use the new patch

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking for this thread. Ok, if i want to play as my team, Spurs, with the 10.3 patch, i do not want keane at celtic on a season loan, or gudjohnsen and kaboul at my club pre-season. This is my problem. I guess i can edit it back, but is there any way i can set the transfers back to the way they were pre-season and have the option of(not at my club, but at others), setting them again after the winter window closes? I.e-Smalling to utd, and not to mention pompey and all their players????

another question, but related. Will newly discovered talent be reckognized? 17 year old Erikson and 20 year old lodeiro @ ajax for example look very promising. Also, De Gea is quite a talented goalie, while he's pretty bad in fm10. Will 10.3 only update transfers or also player stats? The best story is probably 'Suk' from ajax. He was a fan of the club, korean tourist watching an ajax training. He asked whether he could train with the squad, and now he's made his 3rd appearance against Juve last thursday. It would surprise me if fm 10 scouts knew about his abilities.

another question, but related. Will newly discovered talent be reckognized? 17 year old Erikson and 20 year old lodeiro @ ajax for example look very promising. Also, De Gea is quite a talented goalie, while he's pretty bad in fm10. Will 10.3 only update transfers or also player stats? The best story is probably 'Suk' from ajax. He was a fan of the club, korean tourist watching an ajax training. He asked whether he could train with the squad, and now he's made his 3rd appearance against Juve last thursday. It would surprise me if fm 10 scouts knew about his abilities.

It will be a full data update. Transfers, attributes, and promotions/relegations for certain leagues.

It is almost certain the Ajax researcher knows about "Suk".

Also, what not-me said.

Sort It Out SI

I like it like it is, to be honest. I like starting with the players I have at the current moment in time. Plus, with non-league teams and different transfer windows, dates for transfers will be all over the place.

The only solution would be to have an option, but that could take too long.

I support SI on this issue.

To be realistic, no January transfer should be ever made into the game if the game is meant to begin at summer -- nothing is ever decided at that time. Thus, there is no much difference with respect to realism between "already transfer" and "future transfer".

Lodeiro is already very good in the game. I imagine he'll be better now that he's signed for a popular club and the researchers can get a better look at him.

Why don't they just have a little tickable option about the January Transfers? IE:

Start with January Transfers

January Transfers join in January

No January Transfers

Basically because the 'little tickable option' would require SI to create and maintain 3 separate databases which would be a massive task. Not to mention that each of these databases would require testing which would mean splitting the testing effort.

I think if anything this thread shows that SI are on a hiding to nothing as everyone thinks it should be implemented differently.

Archived