Poor fanfare even though team's been champion for years

Not sure if this is in the right place.

I created a new team in the South African league. My team won promotion and have been playing in the Prem now for 4 years and have won almost every cup that have been played.

I am still having difficulty to get enough fans to the games. In a semi-final cup game i get a messgae saying poor fanfare expected. How could this be. This should be a sell out. Stadium can hold bout 35000 but only getting in 2000 - 3000.:confused:

Could be the economy in the region you're living in. Here in the states, the Red Wings have been the best NHL team for the past 2 decades, they won the cup the year before last, and went to the cup final last year. Despite this, some of their regular season games last year were only 50-60% capacity due to the Detroit economy, and this year with the team struggling, on the fringe of a playoff spot, most home games have about a 40-50% turnout. Last year, they were the 2nd team in the Western Conference and some of their early playoff games didn't even sell out completely. It's quite a shame to be honest.

Archived