Problems installing stem

i am here Neji ;D

you need to update windows you seem to be lacking an essential thing like the windows installer , you need to run windows update badly

if that doesn't sort it out

go to this page

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5A58B56F-60B6-4412-95B9-54D056D6F9F4&displaylang=en

download the following file

Windows6.0-KB942288-v2-x86.msu

and then download and try to install steam

Do you have admin rights on the user account you are trying to install from? Windows Installer is a core engine of the Windows OS. It sounds like your Windows Installer may be corrupt, and if that's the case you will have similar problems trying to install anything.

If you know how to use the command prompt, you can type the following after navigating the prompt to the correct directory.

msiexec /i SteamInstall.msi /l*v .\install.log 

That will generate a log file of the installation process, named install.log.

Do you have admin rights on the user account you are trying to install from? Windows Installer is a core engine of the Windows OS. It sounds like your Windows Installer may be corrupt, and if that's the case you will have similar problems trying to install anything.

If you know how to use the command prompt, you can type the following after navigating the prompt to the correct directory.

msiexec /i SteamInstall.msi /l*v .\install.log 

That will generate a log file of the installation process, named install.log.

I dont know how to use the command prompt is it easy to use or complicated. Also is there a way to uncorrupt my windows installer if it is. Or should i just call a professional and let him do it

Archived