national team management

Hi Guys,

i manage in australia and wanted to start managing the national team. I couldnt be bothered waiting for Pim Verbeek to get sacked (was 2014 already). So added a new manager to manage australia and then retired him. Applied for the job but was rejected despite being #1 in australian hall of fame and having approaches from Man United and top flight clubs... instead they hired some rejen manager with terrible stats and no history...

Did FM know what i was upto and so reject me?

Ta - will bare in mind.

no problems whatsoever with this form of 'cheating' as i could have just selected to manage them in the first place.... it was more about whether FM has some sort of system to stop it? As my manager is far more qualified than who they went with.

No you can't edit it on FMRTE. What you can do though, is keep adding a manager, taking over Australia, and then retiring and applying for the job.

This always used to work on previous FMs, the job would go to anyone above you in the pecking order, but eventually you would get it. Not sure if it works in FM to be honest though, as I tried it with England, and three times Stuart Pearce got the job. Whereas on old FMs, it would be a different man each time.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone succeeded with this?

I'm in 2014. I manage a Brazilian team. I'm the top manager from South America, I'm listed in the worldwide hall of fame. I tried taking the brazilian national team several times, but they just keep rehiring back the same manager. After the World Cup, they went for... Ronaldo.

Who do I have to please to take a national team job in this game? :p

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Lol, I didn't plan on managing a national team but Brazil offered me the job in 2023 and I decided to combine my job as Chelsea's manager with the managing of the number one ranked national team in the game.

Tried with England and Stuart Pearce was rehired 4 times (even though he didn't qualify for the 2014 world cup!), got round this by hiring him as assistant manager and again applied for the job only for Steve Coppell (Unemployed for 2 years after a terrible West Brom spell) to get the job instead.

Wouldn't mind finding a way to get the job even through cheating, as national competitions are the only blank on my accomplishments on my current save and I simply couldn't manage anyone other than England haha.

Archived