Fan would have prefered...........

Could we ditch this? It really irrites me. I know all the fanboys are going to leap on me with the usual cries of "realism" but its really not realistic. Yes fans will moan, but anyone think that Sir Alex is handed a piece of paper every week detailing whether or not Pete Smith of Salford though Rooney should have played?

The fans critisms are ridiculous. For example, after a league cup defeat at Chelsea, my fans rounded on two players. Ben Parker and Deniz Naki.

Parker has the highest average rating so far this year and Naki is the top scorer. So yes, obviously the fans HONESTLY thought that neither should play before the game.

I know its no biggy, but it irritstes me.

They should change it so reputation and average rating affects the message.

So if Rooney played badly you get this response: "The fans believed Rooney performed badly, however they understand why he was included in the lineup."

If Macheda was started, then you get the usual response saying Macheda was bad and Rooney should have played instead.

But that's part of the game...

Monday morning quarterbacking they call it overseas, and it's the favourite part of the game for many many many football "fans".

What annoys me in FM is that it often makes no sense in the context...

If I made major rotation before an important game and I decided to field some sort of "backup team" for an easy league game or for a Cup round, I don't want the fans moaning because Reserve Striker was average and Top Striker should have played instead.

In press conference, or somewhere else, we should explain "I'm resting some players with the next big game in mind", so everybody's happy.

I get told that player x should have played instead, even if player x was suspended.

I was once criticised for playing Torres up front for Liverpool, the fans thought I should have played Voronin instead. Which fans are we talking about here? Man U and Everton fans maybe!

Thats my point. If you play a regular eleven and lose a game you should have won, the fans will tell you that you should have played that reserve team keeper you bought for £12 from the local Chip Shop, rather than your first choice keeper, whose average rating is 9.67.

Its nonsense, fans don`t do that. If Rio has a random bad game for Man Utd, nobody goes around claiming Brown should have played instead. Unless Rio has been garbage for the last four matches, which is already dealt with on the confidence screen.

It seems like, if you get a disappointing result, the fans just say they would have preferred whichever players weren't in the team that day.

I'm managing Juventus and every time the result disappoints the fans I get "Gianluigi Buffon was disappointing today and Stuart Taylor was one of the players the fans would have preferred to see in the starting line-up". What? You'd rather Staurt Taylor, a man who has made a career out of benchwarming, was picked ahead of a Juve legend, one of the best keepers in the world and who didn't even play badly?! Maybe I should name a bunch of 16 year olds in defence next week against Inter, eh? I mean, if we don't win you sure as hell won't be pleased I picked Chiellini!

It's an awful feature but it doesn't seem to have too big an effect.

Archived