Anybody have a list of how many non-EU players.

In Russia you can have as many foreigners as you like, but can only start a maximum of 6 of them, so you have to have at least 5 Russians.

Rubin Kazan ;)

Thank you, I am wanting to go somewhere I can play a good few foreigners in the side. But still be enough that i can compete in europe with my youth policy. Any ideas on Belgium, Ukraine, Poland, Turkey perhaps?

in spain thers a cap of 3 none eu players (that one can register), however south americans seams to be geting spanish nationalety much faster aswell...

in sweden ther have been a cap of 3 none eu players in the match squad in previus incarantions of fm, this limit have however been taken out of fm10 (so now thers no limit whatsoever)

worth to note about the Turkish limit is that the limit is on forigen players rather then none eu players

I'd suggest Austria, because getting a promotion from the Erste Liga (2nd league) is rather challenging, with at least 3 U21 players needed and at most 3 foreign players allowed in a match squad with a maximum of 7 foreign players registered for the league. Once you're promoted to the Bundesliga (highest league), the only restriction is a limit of 7 non-EU players in your squad registration, allowing for unrestricted access to players from 27 EU countries.

On to some other (Eastern European) countries:

Belarus - max. 4 foreign in match squad; max 5 foreign in squad registr.

Bulgaria - max. 5 non-EU in match squad; no squad registr. limit

Czech Republic - max. 3 non-EU in match squad; no squad registr. limit

Hungary - max. 5 non-EU in match squad; no suqad registr. limit

Poland - no match squad limit; squad registr.: min. 3 players trained at club, min 7 trained in nation, max 17 foreign players

Romania - max. 5 non-EU in match squad, min. 5 trained in Romania; no squad registr. limit

Slovakia - max. 5 non-EU in match squad; no squad registr. limit

Ukraine - max. 7 foreign in match squad; no squad registr. limit

The only leagues without a limit to foreign players - that I know of at least - won't fit your profile with countries like England, Germany, Italy, Netherlands (with the exception that non-EU players must be over 18 to be eligible for the match squad), Portugal or Scotland.

Holland and Belgium have no restrictions on foreign players other than no U18 non-EUs in the first team. I think Poland and maybe Bulgaria are similar.

Spain has an interesting foreigner policy. Players from the ACP countries (Africa, Caribbean, Pacific) as well as several Eastern European non-EU nations do not count as foreigners. Also players born in Hispanic countries only require 2 years for a Spanish passport. You can register 3 players as Foreign in the senior squad, and another possible 3 players in the B/C team depending what league they play in. You can play these players with the senior team even then so you could possibly have up to 9 foreigners in the first team. U19 players do not have to be registered at all.

I'd suggest Austria, because getting a promotion from the Erste Liga (2nd league) is rather challenging, with at least 3 U21 players needed and at most 3 foreign players allowed in a match squad with a maximum of 7 foreign players registered for the league. Once you're promoted to the Bundesliga (highest league), the only restriction is a limit of 7 non-EU players in your squad registration, allowing for unrestricted access to players from 27 EU countries.

On to some other (Eastern European) countries:

Belarus - max. 4 foreign in match squad; max 5 foreign in squad registr.

Bulgaria - max. 5 non-EU in match squad; no squad registr. limit

Czech Republic - max. 3 non-EU in match squad; no squad registr. limit

Hungary - max. 5 non-EU in match squad; no suqad registr. limit

Poland - no match squad limit; squad registr.: min. 3 players trained at club, min 7 trained in nation, max 17 foreign players

Romania - max. 5 non-EU in match squad, min. 5 trained in Romania; no squad registr. limit

Slovakia - max. 5 non-EU in match squad; no squad registr. limit

Ukraine - max. 7 foreign in match squad; no squad registr. limit

The only leagues without a limit to foreign players - that I know of at least - won't fit your profile with countries like England, Germany, Italy, Netherlands (with the exception that non-EU players must be over 18 to be eligible for the match squad), Portugal or Scotland.

Wales and Northern Ireland :p

Archived