When are SI gonna get the weather right ??

Played for years on CM 4. Where basically the weather never changed for the home side once the game had loaded up. So you could in theory, if you never turned off your pc for a full season, play the entire season at home in a gale.

And 6 ? years later we come around to FM 2010 and the weather seems to be gusty, breezy, virtally every match, home or away, no matter how many times you save and reload WTF ???

Last time I looked, IRL on MOST days the weather as far as wind is concerned is quite minimal. And weather IRL for a footy match just depends on whether it may or may not be raining.

Gusty, breezy (at least enough to be sending the ball our for 50 throw in's a match, and making it a lottery who wins) should be a RARE occurence. Yet a rare occurence in game seems to be if it just says dry.

Anyone else noticed a distinct lack of good weather in game ?

I'm currently managing in Spain and for about 10 matches in a row it was a combination of strong winds, downpour, gale, breezy, drizzle. Something you'd expect in UK, but not Spain.

Even in UK you would just expect it to say wet without all this gusty, gale, breezy crap.

Hello SI, we are living on Earth you know, not on one of the outer planets (generally the further out you go, the wind increases)

Mentioned this in another thread but.....

The weather in Scotland on FM always gives me a good giggle. SI seem to be under the impression central Scotland has similar summers to the interior of Brazil, and yet in winter it fluctuates from 15 degrees to -10 within a few days. February is usually akin tho the Arctic circle, yet on March 1st the tropical climate returns as if it's been kept in a cupboard by someone watching the calendar.

The weather in Scotland on FM always gives me a good giggle. SI seem to be under the impression central Scotland has similar summers to the interior of Brazil, and yet in winter it fluctuates from 15 degrees to -10 within a few days. February is usually akin tho the Arctic circle, yet on March 1st the tropical climate returns as if it's been kept in a cupboard by someone watching the calendar.

I've created a Highland league, so I went into the editor to make new weather settings. If you're not happy, you can alter the settings in the editor yourself.

ummm....once SI can do weather predictions, they should sell their algorithm to meteorologists

This has little to do with weather predictions. The game is merely generating weather. It shouldn't be that hard to program a climate based on empirical data. All they have to do is get the proper ratios for temperature, precipitation, wind, etc. depending on the time of year and regional climate.

It's just not very realistic that it's raining and windy 80% of matches in Spain.

hahaaha this post made me laugh, i noticed this 35 c in my friendly with celtic against some scottish side at home, ITS JUST LIKE WATCHING BRAZIL....

Can you raport this in bugs forum, please. Because they want even look at this problem if nobody has raport it to the bugs forum. It is their policy: if nobody reportes in bugs forum then there is no problem with the game, and we dont have any right to complain since nobady has raported. To expect them to find the bugs themselves are totally unrealistic, according to their preferences. We have to do that job for them, unfortunately, despite the fact that we do not get paid (on the contrary, we must pay them for the game to be able to find all the bugs so they can look at the problems). So if you are quick to post this in the bugs forum they might have the time to look at this before 10.3 comes out (I doubt, but is worth a try).

Can you raport this in bugs forum, please. Because they want even look at this problem if nobody has raport it to the bugs forum. It is their policy: if nobody reportes in bugs forum then there is no problem with the game, and we dont have any right to complain since nobady has raported. To expect them to find the bugs themselves are totally unrealistic, according to their preferences. We have to do that job for them, unfortunately, despite the fact that we do not get paid (on the contrary, we must pay them for the game to be able to find all the bugs so they can look at the problems). So if you are quick to post this in the bugs forum they might have the time to look at this before 10.3 comes out (I doubt, but is worth a try).

Mardy, negative, unconstructive post. Thats unlike you ;)

If you have a number of examples and statistics to back up what it should be, please upload the examples and let us know on the bugs forum so we can look into this. Thanks.

Neil, do you seriously, and honestly, mean that you have not experienced any problem with the weather in this game similar to what TS and other have point out? Sometimes it really feels like we are playing a different game from the one SI makes.

If you have a number of examples and statistics to back up what it should be, please upload the examples and let us know on the bugs forum so we can look into this. Thanks.

Don't need statistics to tell you that it doesn't hit 30 - 35degrees nearly every day in June/July......... in Dundee.

To the OP. My question is, when is RL going to get the weather right? I've seen snow in June IRL. I've been in 30 degree weather in October IRL. I've seen hail in May. All these in London. I lived in Birmingham for 9 months a few years back and I am not exaggerating when I say it rained every day of those 9 months, except 1, xmas day when it snowed.

Jascko: thats not a helpful attitude is it? Show me another company that listens to its community as much as SI? Heck man show me one that listens half as much as they do?

Show me another company that listens to its community as much as SI? Heck man show me one that listens half as much as they do?

Paradox Interactive.

They continue to patch their releases until the community is satisfied with the product, sometimes as much as 3 years after initial release, probably because they're not under the same sort time constraints due to having no obligation to their SEGA overlords to churn out another installment every October, come hell or highwater, and regardless of wether the previous release is still buggy.

I am a big fan of the "skip FM2011 and develop FM2012 for the extra year" movement, but I reckon there's more chance of Leemurs organising a moonshot.

To the OP. My question is, when is RL going to get the weather right? I've seen snow in June IRL. I've been in 30 degree weather in October IRL. I've seen hail in May. All these in London. I lived in Birmingham for 9 months a few years back and I am not exaggerating when I say it rained every day of those 9 months, except 1, xmas day when it snowed.

Jascko: thats not a helpful attitude is it? Show me another company that listens to its community as much as SI? Heck man show me one that listens half as much as they do?

I've seen it in the South in the US, namely Oklahoma and such. The weather that is, not the attitude issues.

But surely not on a consistent basis, maybe once in your life for each.

Try every other year or so for me. The weather in Utah, in all honesty, is on crack. I've seen snow in June, snow in September, t-shirt weather every other year until December, t-shirt days in February and then BOOM, a blizzard out of nowhere and the entire northern half of the state is painted white.

On an unrelated note, I've always wanted SI to put a little icon in the top right hand corner of the match day screen and classic pitch screen that shows the weather and shows if it's fluctuating at all (anyone remember Sim City 2000?).

Neil, do you seriously, and honestly, mean that you have not experienced any problem with the weather in this game similar to what TS and other have point out? Sometimes it really feels like we are playing a different game from the one SI makes.

Oh snap. :D It seems someone have the balls to tell where to stick it. :thup: I do wonder if SI is still that company when they created CM1 or CM97/98, where they wanted to create a game that they wanted to play or they are like EA that make a game just to make money.

Seriously dude, Are you going to have that attitude why everyone that has critiques bad about potential bug? What attitude that the OP should do without you make such criticisms to the OP? Did he insult you or any of the SI? If no that this very constructive criticism.

To answer you question "Heck man show me one that listens half as much as they do?" Yes, Bioware. ifg you played Mass Effect series they removed a few features when fans posted on the forums that didn't like it and where boring. Unlike SI has been doing for the last two years that has been forcing upon us the Press Conferences as one of the many features that no matter what we say how boring they are, they are still there.

Seriously man, are you saying that for Example for August in Portugal an 20ºC is a normal temperature?

I'm currently managing in Spain and for about 10 matches in a row it was a combination of strong winds, downpour, gale, breezy, drizzle. Something you'd expect in UK, but not Spain.

In Italy during summer you may have 5 or 6 months without a single ounce of rain, so same here.

In Italy during summer you may have 5 or 6 months without a single ounce of rain, so same here.

Same in the part of the crimea (ukraine) where I live, but I bet if I had a look at the local team, which is actually a playable team in FM 2010, it would probably be raining more often than not :D

Still, like it or lump it, there is SO much info in the game, can we honestly expect SI to put in average rainfall for every town in the world and base dry/rainy upon said information ? OFC not.

My biggest gripe, and the main reason for the OP, was the wind. It is just crazily windy on so many matches, when in all honesty windy enough to adversely affect a game should probably be 1 or 2 times a season max.

It does rain a lot in Spain so no idea what that complain is about. They just had floods down in southern spain according to the news and you often get floods in Tenerife and the north so its not all sunny and nice. tbf UK weather is very unpredictable, sometimes it rains, then sunny and lately snow.

• SI Staff

There are two aspects that the game uses to generate weather:

- data - the values entered to best represent the temperature, precipitation and wind throughout the year

- code - the programming written to best interpret these values in the game.

When the weather within the game on any date is not within reasonable parameters then there is either a problem with the data or the code or both.

There are currently 226 different weather profiles that can be attached to any city/town which are used to generate the weather on any given date. None of the above posts mentions the exact date and location of the match where the weather appears to be outside the normally expected parameters which makes it impossible to narrow down whether it is a data or code issue.

We have very recently made some improvements to the weather code but this has not yet gone into testing and is unlikely to be available until the next game. We hope this has sorted out any code related issues but we still want to try and track down any data related issues.

Therefore please can you post topics in the bug forum which states the following information:

In game date:

Stadium:

City/Town:

Temperature:

Precipitation:

Wind:

With this information we can at least check if the data is within acceptable parameters and either change it accordingly or pass it on to the coders to look at how the data is being interpreted by the code. Alternatively a new weather profile may be needed for that particular city/town as there may not be a suitable one available.

• 6 months later...

I couldn't really care less about the weather in FM.

I've never noticed it to have much of an effect on the way my team plays so I tend to ignore it. I'd have to say that if people are hung up on something as minor as the weather in game then SI are doing a pretty good job at everything else

I somehow doubt that

There are two aspects that the game uses to generate weather:

- data - the values entered to best represent the temperature, precipitation and wind throughout the year

- code - the programming written to best interpret these values in the game.

When the weather within the game on any date is not within reasonable parameters then there is either a problem with the data or the code or both.

There are currently 226 different weather profiles that can be attached to any city/town which are used to generate the weather on any given date. None of the above posts mentions the exact date and location of the match where the weather appears to be outside the normally expected parameters which makes it impossible to narrow down whether it is a data or code issue.

We have very recently made some improvements to the weather code but this has not yet gone into testing and is unlikely to be available until the next game. We hope this has sorted out any code related issues but we still want to try and track down any data related issues.

Therefore please can you post topics in the bug forum which states the following information:

In game date:

Stadium:

City/Town:

Temperature:

Precipitation:

Wind:

With this information we can at least check if the data is within acceptable parameters and either change it accordingly or pass it on to the coders to look at how the data is being interpreted by the code. Alternatively a new weather profile may be needed for that particular city/town as there may not be a suitable one available.

After reading this and all the other posts since I started laughing. SI tell you there's a proper way to report this but instead some of you carry on giving examples of abnormal weather in the game.

Archived