Whydon't players want to try after gaining huge lead b4 half time ?

Hi

Have often had this situation, where I maybe score 4 goals before half time, and then for the rest of the game my players just toss it off, whereas I want them to push on and get more goals. Tried saying both delighted, don't let drop tc, but to no consistent avail.

I once went 8-0 up b4 half time in the FA vase, and then had only 2 more shots on goal all 2nd half.

Any way around players being lazy ?

Should clarify though that when I mean "nothing" I mean give nothing to anyone who's in the 7s unless their morale is still poor and "have faith" for 8s.

It's quite irritating that the manual doesn't really say it's a good idea to say nothing at all - then suggests that saying nothing at all "leaves them stewing over their poor performances".

Hi

Have often had this situation, where I maybe score 4 goals before half time, and then for the rest of the game my players just toss it off, whereas I want them to push on and get more goals. Tried saying both delighted, don't let drop tc, but to no consistent avail.

I once went 8-0 up b4 half time in the FA vase, and then had only 2 more shots on goal all 2nd half.

Any way around players being lazy ?

don't say anything !!!!!!! that always happened to me !!!! even had the other team pull the odd goal back......... in fact, never say anything !!!!! i dont know if its a bug in FM10.. if i anything at HT my team just dont have a good 2nd half . so i stopped and its much better....even if you losing DON'T say anything just change tactics if you want......but NEVER EVER SAY ANYTHING AT HALF TIME

It's very common in real life for players to take their foot off the gas, avoid injuries and conserve energy for the next challenge.

This game is not real life. You're asking SI to make a fixed game if you want it to copy real life. I hate the idea that it's fixed just because these things are very common IRL.

If you object to FM being the most realistic football game in the market, go play FIFA or something.

I hate EA.

You like the game like this? It's fixed so that a team will always be within touching distance of you (the human player) in the league. It's fixed for the majority of the big games to be tight just because the majority of the big games are tight IRL. And it's fixed for you (the human player) not to buy 99.8% of the really good players so that it keeps things as realistic as possible. The list goes on...

And I don't get any feeling of accomplishment when I play this.

I hate EA.

You like the game like this? It's fixed so that a team will always be within touching distance of you (the human player) in the league. It's fixed for the majority of the big games to be tight just because the majority of the big games are tight IRL. And it's fixed for you (the human player) not to buy 99.8% of the really good players so that it keeps things as realistic as possible. The list goes on...

So you'll feel a sense of accomplishment if you're able to buy every single good player, beat teams 10-0 most matches and win the league with a 20 point difference between you and second?

Right now I'm 10 pts ahead in league 1 with 4 games left and my team scores regularly. Hardly touching distance I'm sure you'd agree.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say can't buy 99.8% of the really good players. You can buy anyone on this game provided you have the money. Don't forget that clubs make more money in the game than they do IRL. Players prices become inflated because of that, same thing would happen IRL. In fact it's been happening for decades.

Yes there are a couple of fixes that need fixing. The through ball down the middle which leads to super keepers needs to get sorted, but the game is pretty damn good overall.

It's obviously very hard to code a game like this perfectly, otherwise FM would have a lot more serious competitors. Right now they're miles ahead of the rest.

I hate EA.

Your copy must be brolen as I don't experience any of these issues.

From the sounds of it, you like to shirk a challenge, have everything given on a plate and not want to play a realistic game?

Try Space Invaders!

Right now I'm 10 pts ahead in league 1 with 4 games left and my team scores regularly. Hardly touching distance I'm sure you'd agree.

Look at those screenshots in the tactics forum. The league tables are always tight in every screenshot. You can clearly see it's fixed for the computer to stay within touching distance. Point is: It's fixed so you (the human player) can't go too far in front.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say can't buy 99.8% of the really good players. You can buy anyone on this game provided you have the money.

Then why am I complaining? I manage an SPL team like Celtic and it's even a struggle to buy a half decent under 18 player.

Look at those screenshots in the tactics forum. The league tables are always tight in every screenshot. You can clearly see it's fixed for the computer to stay within touching distance. Point is: It's fixed so you (the human player) can't go too far in front.

Then why am I complaining? I manage an SPL team like Celtic and it's even a struggle to buy a half decent under 18 player.

I won the SPL by 28 points from Rangers in my first season with Celtic, hardly touching distance.

It's very common in real life for players to take their foot off the gas, avoid injuries and conserve energy for the next challenge.

Very true, but at the end of the day I am the manager, and if I want my players to push on and score more i should be able to get that message across. Not just stop attacking all together. Even with crazy attacking formations they still refuse to attack in the 2nd half if 4 or 5 goals up at half time.

Very true, but at the end of the day I am the manager, and if I want my players to push on and score more i should be able to get that message across. Not just stop attacking all together. Even with crazy attacking formations they still refuse to attack in the 2nd half if 4 or 5 goals up at half time.

That's assuming that in real life the manager in charge of a team comfortably isn't willing the players to go for the jugular and max their goal difference. Also, the opposition are going to be presumably on the end of a right rollocking, and will more often than not come out more determined and also more likely to be defending a bit heavier to counter your attacking nature.

I hate EA.

The game is not "fixed" in this respect whatsoever.

What usually occurs is that human users either fail to adapt their tactics according to the opponent, according to the weather, according to match odds, according to pressure, and according to their own tactical ability and so regularly fail. Either that or human users trawl the internet looking through numerous downloadable tactics and settle on something that exploits the game in some respect and continue using it because it is "successful". A few users actually play the game properly, and while still being able to overchieve, find much more realism within the game.

The majority of big games being "tight" is likewise a common issue with the human user lacking motivational skills in comparison to the AI. The AI is in actual fact a very good motivator of players when their motivation attribute is high, due to simple basic and effective rules SI use to define the motivation choices made. The human user is for the most part ignorant of how teamtalks work, and either leaves his own Teamtalks up to an Assistant Manager that may well be a poor motivator, or fails in his own attempt to motivate players well.

Then comes the issue of "Important Matches" and "Consistency". Certain teams, like Liverpool for example, are the archetypal "game raiser" and perform far above their usual form or even their apparent ability in Important Games. The human user is again usually ignorant of the existance of this mechanic, or does not take it into account when designing his tactics and purchasing players.

If you team regularly fails to perform in big games, and you rarely change your tactics while usually winning, then it is a clear indication that your first choice line-up is highly consistent while lacking adequate levels of the "Important Match" attribute. Again teams like Liverpool are the converse. Highly inconsistent yet packing an almost unanimously high level of the "Important Match" attribute.

As you are but one player and using but one team at a time, you observe these trends without understanding them. The issues you report as bugs are not bugs, they are Management challenges you have failed to understand and deal with.

As for "the good players" it is quite frankly very rare for any of the true top talent in the world to move, and then they tend only to move to the top 1 or 2 clubs on the planet for giant transfer fees.

The human user, atleast according to General Discussion, splashes out unrealistic transfer fees for unrealistic transfers. This is entireally logical.

To find accomplishment in the game you must accept a challenge and attempt it yourself. I for example have chosen to play as Manchester United, which is no challenge in the short term but over the long term I have to continue winning titles while saving my club from horrific financial collapse. My challenge is not whether I can win games and win titles and play nice football, as it was in FM09, my challenge is to see whether I can remain at the top of the game in five years time while losing 5.5 Million per month on interest payments only.

I cannot afford to splash the cash on Aguero, whom I can "afford" in season 1. I cannot afford to poach youngsters from around the world. I cannot afford to play without some of the best players in the world, I cannot afford to have inconsistent players or players that do not rise to a challenge, I cannot afford to buy many players. As my club haemorrhages money, my challenge is to keep winning with a club full of top quality players and facilities, while having a budget that is worse than anyone else on the planet.

At game start I sold players worth a total of £25 million and bought players for a total of £12 million, for a net spend of +£13 million. My transfer budget dropped to £59 million while my balance increase by £12 million. 6 months later I have lost £40 million. I am top of the league, into the Final of the Carling Cup, out of the FA Cup and into the knockout stage of the European Cup. I must win atleast one big competition and still sell around £20 million of players net to avoid going bankrupt next season.

Winning titles, developing top quality youngsters, producing cunning tactics, brilliant study of the transfer market, top quality team management, and survival are one and the same thing for me.

Archived