What do you guys think of an addon like this?

Well recently I was playing FM with one of my friends on a network game and he started off with Chelsea. Now we all know they start off with a large sum of money and can probably make some large large transfers if they put it off for 48 Months and pretty much dictate the transfer through fee's paid over time. So to sum it all up, he bought Maicon and Villa START of 09/10.

Now I was just wondering if FM could somewhat upgrade the board to make decisions regarding those kinds of transfers. I mean for example, we could have the board rejecting that kind of offer as the loan for the club is too high, or maybe even accepting it as they have skyrocketed sales. I don't know its just a thought, and frankly i'm sick and tired of the 48 Month clauses.

:)

i personally never use the 48 (cheat) monlthy installments. Rather pay up front that way i can have a good future and not instant success but debt to follow.
frankly i'm sick and tired of the 48 Month clauses.

Welcome to the real world peeps. This is exactly how clubs operate. Unless it's a wealthy club paying out nominal fees, payments are very rarelly made in one lump sum. They spread the payments over agreed periods to ease the burden. And if they are cash rich, they may as well accrue interest on the money themselves than let someone else get it.

Input from the board on these issues may be a good idea, the more financially savvy the board is, the safer the club's future. It would mirror real life more realistically perhaps.

Yeah but I mean you guys are naming teams such as Chelsea and Man City and all the TOP clubs. Yeah they may owe SOME amounts of money but for example, he spent 150 Million for Fabregas using monthly installments, per appearance, per goal, etc. Realistic? Do you think that the board or abramovich or pretty much ANY owner would seal that kind of deal especially when you bring more 100 Million signings?!

i personally never use the 48 (cheat) monlthy installments. Rather pay up front that way i can have a good future and not instant success but debt to follow.

I fail to see how it's cheating? It's all about risk and reward.

Risk - A lot of money in the future will be going out on previous transfers meaning you may struggle if the team is not succesful.

Reward - The players you sign make you more succesful, meaning your income increases and you don't have to worry about money as much.

Personally, I prefer to as much as I can, if not all, up-front, but that's my preference.

Cheat? So every single EPL club is cheating are they? This is REALISTIC, therefore should be in the game and its up to you if you want to take the gamble of buying big but knowing that you have to deliver on the silverware front.

how is that cheating:confused:

that is what happens in real life constantly;)...............I doubt if any deal is done now as a cash only;)

The issue for me is that for clubs with tycoons there is no risk as they pump more cash in to cover any debt. Therefore you can spend 4x your transfer budget every season without any worry about consequence. As teams like Man City get c. £100m transfer budget is it realistic that you can spend £400m per year on transfers and the boss keeps topping up the balance without saying a word?

The issue for me is that for clubs with tycoons there is no risk as they pump more cash in to cover any debt. Therefore you can spend 4x your transfer budget every season without any worry about consequence. As teams like Man City get c. £100m transfer budget is it realistic that you can spend £400m per year on transfers and the boss keeps topping up the balance without saying a word?

But then this is what Manchester City, amongst others on a smaller but relative scale (Portsmouth, Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Southend being the current guilty parties) are doing IRL isn't it? Man City for example have spent massively in the last two seasons at least and spent a fair amount of money the year before those.

I wouldn't say it was cheating or unrealistic really. In the case of Fabregas being bought for £150million, perhaps that might be excessive but the board do have the power to intervene at what they consider an inflated offer. Not to mention that the game shouldn't have to over ride stupidity either.

If the player wants to buy a World Class player for over the odds with money they don't have right now, and it all goes tits up in the future the game shouldn't stop them. Equally, if this signing single handedly wins the them the Premier League and Champions League and essentially pays off his own fee in prize money then they shouldn't be restricted from gambling and succeeding on their big pay off.

But then this is what Manchester City, amongst others on a smaller but relative scale (Portsmouth, Cardiff, Crystal Palace and Southend being the current guilty parties) are doing IRL isn't it? Man City for example have spent massively in the last two seasons at least and spent a fair amount of money the year before those.

I wouldn't say it was cheating or unrealistic really. In the case of Fabregas being bought for £150million, perhaps that might be excessive but the board do have the power to intervene at what they consider an inflated offer. Not to mention that the game shouldn't have to over ride stupidity either.

If the player wants to buy a World Class player for over the odds with money they don't have right now, and it all goes tits up in the future the game shouldn't stop them. Equally, if this signing single handedly wins the them the Premier League and Champions League and essentially pays off his own fee in prize money then they shouldn't be restricted from gambling and succeeding on their big pay off.

I'm not disputing that clubs pay in istallments in real life more the scale that the game currently permits. The board can intervene if they feel a particular transfer is too much for a player. What I feel there needs to be is more intervention from the board on transfer policy in general.

As you say it is down to the player to weigh up the risk and reward and so effectively self-regulate the clubs financial policy. Even at the wealthier clubs the owners wouldn't take this laissez-faire attitude.

For poorer clubs it will effect future budgets but for bigger clubs the board just pump more money in and give you the same budget next year meaning you can do exactly the same thing again, and again, and again.

For me it comes down to the simulation aspect of the game. Using the Fabregas example above the board may let through a transfer like that but a second or even a third in one transfer window? The game is supposed to be fun but it needs to retain realism too.

How is it cheating when it happens in football in real life and near enough EVERY team in the world does it, most teams dont spend £10m up front for a player and instead to choose to pay it in instalments.....I usually do £5m up front and then £5m in instalments

Everyone knows that it's not cheating. The way it's implemented in the game isn't fair though.

For example. I bid 36m for Ribery, and the club comes back and say they want 96m

I then offer 44m over 48 months and it's accepted nearly all the time.

There does seem to be some flaw in the way it operates.

Well the 48 months insta;ment is not a cheat, is implemented wrong but not a cheat, let me give you an esample how should be use :

We all agree not many clubs out there got tonns of cash to give in one lump sum for a player ( exept probably the top 5/6 clubs), so monthly payment make sense, but atm is not implemented as should be, if I got a budget of 15 mil , and i want to buy a top player that cost around 15/20 mil I offer lets say 7 mil cash on front and 10 mil in 48 months.

Now tecnically I should have left 8 mil in the budget BUT the club suppost also take out the ammount of the player monthly fee till the next market or budget year :

Let me give some numbers :

Player XXXX cost of the operation 15 millions,

Payed up on from 7, remain to pay 8 mil in 48 months. lets say 100k a month.

Now whats should have happen is that the club take the first year installment out the budger as well i.e. 1.2 mil so that the payment fall in the budget that they provide to you insted been and extra expence to the club.

I hope I did make too complicated but thats the way should be.

Basically the monthly instalment should affect your current badget for this year and the years to come till is payed off.

Archived