processing time with as many leagues as possible..

I may be unique here but i'm the type of FM player who likes to play with as many "nation-leagues' as possible because i want my game to feel as real as real-world football as possible.

I want to be able to see who won the china league and who won the spain leagues or who are the best players in a specific part of the world....Unfortunatly , Limiting your games to a few leagues , takes this beauty out of the game for me since you can only check the leagues that you picked , or only the leagues you picked has enough details/information to check.

I was wondering whether FM would one day be able to create a game that could permit the normal computer to process FM games that has many leagues "as fast as possible??

Im running a career with about 15 nations and it takes quite some time to process...Although i do not mind the waiting , i wished it could process faster..

Any current way i could cut into the processing time??..

I may be unique here but i'm the type of FM player who likes to play with as many "nation-leagues' as possible because i want my game to feel as real as real-world football as possible.

I want to be able to see who won the china league and who won the spain leagues or who are the best players in a specific part of the world....Unfortunatly , Limiting your games to a few leagues , takes this beauty out of the game for me since you can only check the leagues that you picked , or only the leagues you picked has enough details/information to check.

I was wondering whether FM would one day be able to create a game that could permit the normal computer to process FM games that has many leagues "as fast as possible??

Im running a career with about 15 nations and it takes quite some time to process...Although i do not mind the waiting , i wished it could process faster..

Any current way i could cut into the processing time??..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Any current way i could cut into the processing time??.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Upgrading your PC. If SI could make every league run fast, they would do it.

I run every league on playable because I think it provides a more realistic transfer, regens and results simulation. Processing never takes more than 20secs or so which Im quite happy with.

I think you could build a pc to run at similar speeds to mine for well under £500 if you know what your doing so it shouldnt be too long before you can buy something half decent from PCWorld.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Newky:

I run every league on playable because I think it provides a more realistic transfer, regens and results simulation. Processing never takes more than 20secs or so which Im quite happy with.

I think you could build a pc to run at similar speeds to mine for well under £500 if you know what your doing so it shouldnt be too long before you can buy something half decent from PCWorld. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your running all 117 leagues playable and it only takes 20-30 seconds to process?

Hell...I've just tried it on my quad core and its certainly not that quick!

Or do you mean you run the just the top league from every nation?

Like the OP I like to run all leagues because it makes the game world seem more real and I have to say tha the loading times aren't bad and certainly don't make playing the game frustrating.

I have a dual 2GHz processors and 4GB ram which might help but I used to run every league of FM07 on a 1.66Ghz, 1GB ram laptop and I could load a week in a few minutes, which is quick enough for me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ruttsie:

Like the OP I like to run all leagues because it makes the game world seem more real and I have to say tha the loading times aren't bad and certainly don't make playing the game frustrating.

I have a dual 2GHz processors and 4GB ram which might help but I used to run every league of FM07 on a 1.66Ghz, 1GB ram laptop and I could load a week in a few minutes, which is quick enough for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm also running all the leagues and players and a week also takes me a few minutes, i'm running a Dual core 2.33ghz and 2gb ram.

Are you using a standard medium or large database without loading extra players?

Tempted to give this a go as its something I've wanted to run and haven't been able to since CM01-02.

All 117 leagues does sound good!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Newky:

I think you could build a pc to run at similar speeds to mine for well under £500 if you know what your doing so it shouldnt be too long before you can buy something half decent from PCWorld. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It can only run that fast because all those leagues, which you are not managing in, have None as the detail level.

@SaintMaria

Following amplifierworship's advice will cut down your processing time by alot. But in exchange, the teams winning the leagues will not be based on abilities of the players. (Based on an experiment done a few months ago if I remember correctly)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by efsdfjnsdf:

Turning off player pictures in the preferences had a MASSIVE affect for for me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

... what do player pictures have to do with match processing speed? :-/

Anyways, I started a game with 70+ leagues in 30+ countries, and it runs quite fast with most detail on "none". However, when I turned just the most important leagues to "full", the game slowed down to a leisurely crawl.

(P4 2.8GHz, 768 MB RAM)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> ... what do player pictures have to do with match processing speed? :-/ </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speed being reffered to is the generally processing times. Not match speed.

I started a game last night running every league, all playable, detail set to maximum and a large database.

It is actually playable. Taken an hour to get half way through pre season.

Not sure if I will keep it up but it certainly adds to to the footballing world feel. Loads of transfers going on etc.

Archived