Something Weird Happened

Basically, just before my last 16 match in the World Cup 2014, in charge of England, Brazil offered me the job to take over current their current manager. Are teams allowed to do this, isn't this a form of tapping up? Just wanted to see if anyone else had this? To let you know, I won all my games in the group stages and therefore top of group B, but surprisingly, Brazil will still in the competition as well, after gaining 7 points and top of the group themselves...which confuses me more so. When the message came in they wanted me, if didn't specify whether it was with immediate effect or after the world cup finals have finished.

As a side note, i believe this "post" may be my 1000th, which may seem like a minor achievement, but after being a regular viewer for almost 2 and half years, "it doesn't happen to every guy, and IT IS a big deal".

Good work on the 1000th post, I hope to et there one day :)

I think it’s allowed, there wouldn’t be a reason why it couldn’t. Perhaps the Brazil manager had a falling out with the FA, or he just wanted to move onto better and greener pastures (not that they get much greener than Brazil).

Hmmm i'd say it seems strange that they've asked you while Brazil are still in the competition - im also currently going though the 2014 WC and knocked Brazil out while being the England manager and got offered the Brazil job as they obviously sacked him after i knocked them out in the QF.

Good work on the 1000th post, I hope to et there one day :)

I think it’s allowed, there wouldn’t be a reason why it couldn’t. Perhaps the Brazil manager had a falling out with the FA, or he just wanted to move onto better and greener pastures (not that they get much greener than Brazil).

Co-incidently guys, it gives me great pleasure to say this, but i won the world cup with England, after beating....BRAZIL in the final. I then resigned a few days after, to concentrate on the club management.

The Brazil FA has no patience. They sack managers if they don't win every game. Even in group play that sees them advance, if they don't pick up maximum points the manager is in danger.

yea it's absurd, IMO they need to fix this

it's the same for the Mexican FA

Archived