The 2D match view

Does anyone else think that it would be a better idea to replace the 2d match view with either:

a) A 3d view, in the style of the old CM 07 Handheld - i.e something that goes some way to replicating a view from the stand, and instead of looking at circles moving around, you can see minature players

b) The standard text view, but with stadium pics as a background, to add a bit more of a matchday feel, as opposed to the standard green background

HUGELY in favor of b. I never ever use the 2d match screen and never will so to me it's a big waste of resources. Back in some PC version of CM (over 10 years ago) they had a stadium pic of the home team's stadium in the background when a game was being played and it was awesome. Really gave you the feeling of realism.

• SI Staff

The reason stadium pics were removed wasn't a developer preference - it was a chance in the legal situation which prevented us from using them unfortunately.

(and yeah I'd love to see them back myself ... but unless we're told its possible from a legal perspective its not going to happen in a hurry I'm afraid)

Archived