Does the game have an imagination....

In my save i am in 2022. and i have noticed a very large number of brazilian players called 'Careca'. 60 in total, all regens. I do not know of one player called Careca at the moment. I have one of these players playing for me at the moment. But i would be interesting to try and get a whole team of these namesakes :)

Does anyone eles have alot of players with the same name? Or even a Careca playing in there team?

I would be interested to find out...

Matt.

I told myself not to start FM2010 today and learn instead (haha, instead I surf the forum). But for you I looked in my current game:

159 Carecas in 2031 with alone 7 of them at Palmeiras. I imagine the manager: "okay, lets have a training game. All those Carecas against the rest." :D

62 Careca's here (120k database), most are at most 22 years old so nearly all regens, it's really funny yes ! Cruzeiro had 3 of them spawn in 2 seasons time.

Well in real Brazilians name themselves Kaka (poop), George Lucas or Michel Platini, so I'm not surprised about any naming there ;)

I have both Mohamed and Moussa Sissoko in my squad, they even play same position, had to nickname one to prevent trouble. Now I retrained the older one to DC as well so no more issues ;)

I've noticed this too. A quick search on my current save throws up 73(!) Carecas!

Cruzeiro have 7, Corinthians and Botafogo have 5, Palmeiras and Braga (POR) have 3. Some other clubs have 2 and the rest are scattered around the world at various clubs. They are all players, no staff. Four are unattached. I think they are all regens, no real players.

Would this be a short name like Ronaldo, or is it their full name? I have something like 35 Ronaldo’s, but when I look in their profile, they have a completely different and hard to pronounce name. Might be the game giving them nicknames but not realising there is that amount of them being generated?

The point is "Careca" was a nickname, as the famous striker's name was Antonio de Oliveira Filho.

Apparently he got the nickname after a famous TV clown, "O Palhaço Carequinha" [source:wikipedia/facebook/other links]

Also "Careca" means "bald/baldie" in Brazilian, so we have another issue of nomen-omen, or the nickname being given after a particular trait of the person [see, Alemão = The German, because of his and fair hair and skin, more reminding of a "German" than of a Brazilian]

So, unless in the near future we're going to have an invasion of balding or clownesque-looking Brazilian youngsters, the frequency of the common name Careca should be toned down a lot.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just been offered the Brazil manager post and I could not resists...

carecal.jpg

I'm in 2034 by the way and I have 164 Carecas in the game. The least valuable player in this Brazil squad is worth 2,9 mil.

Koki, please let us know how well they play. That's just too funny

Commentary: Careca passes it over Careca, who has Careca and Careca in front of him. He slots it through too Careca who goes 1 on 1, and hits it off the keeper, but it bounces too Careca who slots it in and is mobbed by Careca, Careca and Careca

... dunno about you, but I'm all Careca'ed out

carecal.jpg

I'm in 2034 by the way and I have 164 Carecas in the game. The least valuable player in this Brazil squad is worth 2,9 mil.

Genus, hope you won.

<Picture that made my day>

Love it how no one is being played out of position either :)

Archived