Should we be talk to the media without them coming to us?

Okay you may wonder what I mean so I'll give an example.

In a recent game I lost a player to a semi-serious injury. He was hacked down on the edge of the opposition area by a player already yellow carded and was later reported to be out for the last 3 weeks of the season.

As you can understand I was screaming at the game to send the offender off but all he got was a talking to. In todays game he would have been sent off for that tackle alone.

I realised I had to cut my losses and just get on with trying to get the win. What happened next has had me cursing from then till now. The offender was standing on the edge of our box when the ball ricocheted out to him and he let lose a thunderbolt that soared into the back of our net and gave then a much undeserved win.

To say I was livid was an understatement. He shouldn't even have been on the pitch. My player whom he assaulted was in agony in the dressing room.

Now surely in real life a manager hit with such a scandal would have something to say to the media about the event, if only to say that it was a bad tackle. Surely such a comment would not get them an FA fine or touchline ban either.

Furthermore would the FA not investigate that tackle and the cards, though that may be a debate for another day?

I didn't even get a media comment about the game nor they chance to say that the opposition were extremely lucky (my fave).

That is why I feel FM needs a change to the media that allows to post any comment on any match. There would have to be drastic throwbacks should you say that the opposition were lucky when they trounced you 8-0 of course, but, likewise, there should be benefits to the right media comment.

Whilst I am happy with the game I have been feeling that there is not enough ways to interract with the media, or when I get a media comment it is never really what I want to say. I think these debates help in the long run of things because improvements rarely happen without debate.

Further examples would be when your team is on a bit of slump in form and you need a boost. Only once in the past have I had the option to get my captain to call a team meeting. That had the desired effect of beating our slump. In the real world a manager would be talking to the press after each and every match and there is no reason why he can not address the team's performances as a whole in that way. Can I currently do that in FM? No. I can address a sole players performances but it rarely has the effect I want.

So what do other people think? What needs to change and can it change? There has been much talk about a 3D engine of late and I wonder is this a similar problem when it comes to coding and it being possible.

Media is a big part of football these days and should it, therefore, be a big part of FM?

Discuss.

Okay you may wonder what I mean so I'll give an example.

In a recent game I lost a player to a semi-serious injury. He was hacked down on the edge of the opposition area by a player already yellow carded and was later reported to be out for the last 3 weeks of the season.

As you can understand I was screaming at the game to send the offender off but all he got was a talking to. In todays game he would have been sent off for that tackle alone.

I realised I had to cut my losses and just get on with trying to get the win. What happened next has had me cursing from then till now. The offender was standing on the edge of our box when the ball ricocheted out to him and he let lose a thunderbolt that soared into the back of our net and gave then a much undeserved win.

To say I was livid was an understatement. He shouldn't even have been on the pitch. My player whom he assaulted was in agony in the dressing room.

Now surely in real life a manager hit with such a scandal would have something to say to the media about the event, if only to say that it was a bad tackle. Surely such a comment would not get them an FA fine or touchline ban either.

Furthermore would the FA not investigate that tackle and the cards, though that may be a debate for another day?

I didn't even get a media comment about the game nor they chance to say that the opposition were extremely lucky (my fave).

That is why I feel FM needs a change to the media that allows to post any comment on any match. There would have to be drastic throwbacks should you say that the opposition were lucky when they trounced you 8-0 of course, but, likewise, there should be benefits to the right media comment.

Whilst I am happy with the game I have been feeling that there is not enough ways to interract with the media, or when I get a media comment it is never really what I want to say. I think these debates help in the long run of things because improvements rarely happen without debate.

Further examples would be when your team is on a bit of slump in form and you need a boost. Only once in the past have I had the option to get my captain to call a team meeting. That had the desired effect of beating our slump. In the real world a manager would be talking to the press after each and every match and there is no reason why he can not address the team's performances as a whole in that way. Can I currently do that in FM? No. I can address a sole players performances but it rarely has the effect I want.

So what do other people think? What needs to change and can it change? There has been much talk about a 3D engine of late and I wonder is this a similar problem when it comes to coding and it being possible.

Media is a big part of football these days and should it, therefore, be a big part of FM?

Discuss.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

That is why I feel FM needs a change to the media that allows to post any comment on any match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would it be possible for this to work?? It's a computer game so there has to be set options to choose from, you cant just type anything in and expect the game to understand what your saying!!

I do agree that the media section needs a complete overhaul icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by anagain:

In todays game he would have been sent off for that tackle alone.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sorry but how can you see the tackle when its 2 blobs, plenty of of people get injured as a result of tackles and its no fault of the tackler just unlucky.

but i would welcome more media comments, just weve got to remember fm isnt a living breathing world, just whatever is put in there.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dar2000:

That is why I feel FM needs a change to the media that allows to post any comment on any match. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How would it be possible for this to work?? It's a computer game so there has to be set options to choose from, you cant just type anything in and expect the game to understand what your saying!!

I do agree that the media section needs a complete overhaul icon14.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't mean just type anything. I mean picking from options but all/a greater number of options would be available. After many matches you just get the usual "he got his tactics correct" and "hold no grudges" comments, but you should be able to say any of the possible options. Just because the media don't think the opposition were lucky and didn't deserve to win doesn't mean I didn't. Either that or I might actually like to say that I lost because my team gave the ball away too much rather than the opposition were marvellous.

There's so much more I would like to say after games. I feel limited.

agree totally! would like to be able to have a real say to fa or media about issues like that. had a ridiculous amount of lenient decisions going oppositions way, and super harsh on me

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by turn it upto 11:

In todays game he would have been sent off for that tackle alone.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

im sorry but how can you see the tackle when its 2 blobs, plenty of of people get injured as a result of tackles and its no fault of the tackler just unlucky.

but i would welcome more media comments, just weve got to remember fm isnt a living breathing world, just whatever is put in there. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can't recall the exact commentary from the situation I detailed but I do know that often the commentary mentions that a tackle was bad and that a player not yellow-carded was lucky not to be so.

All the comments I want to be able to use are in the game (bar maybe some I would suggest adding) but currently a far too limited choice are made available after the majority of games. I'm sure it wouldn't be too complicated to program a more extended range of comments to be made choosable.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> I don't mean just type anything. I mean picking from options but all/a greater number of options would be available. After many matches you just get the usual "he got his tactics correct" and "hold no grudges" comments, but you should be able to say any of the possible options. Just because the media don't think the opposition were lucky and didn't deserve to win doesn't mean I didn't. Either that or I might actually like to say that I lost because my team gave the ball away too much rather than the opposition were marvellous. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see where you're coming from but there is one massive problem with being allowed to say any of the media comments. If the ME see something differently to you (ie you see a player as offside but the ME doesnt) then you will have a negative affect because you said complained about something that didnt happen. If that made any sense at all icon_smile.gif

The same thing is true about talking to players aswell. In all, the game doesnt have much of the management side of football - its more like the tactics and training, etc. In fact, I would even go so far as to say in FM you are more like a head coach than a manager. But I wouldnt have thought this is something viable at the moment.

More media and player management would be great in future FMs.

Archived