Team Harmony Bad. One More Signing?

I am playing Cisco Roma and last season in Serie C2/C I won the title by 20 points. Over the summer I signed a number of players and got rid of a bunch of dead weight on the squad. That being said, only two or three of these new players are on my senior squad and the rest on my under 20. However, with mostly the same squad from last season, there is now bad team harmony, and a number of players both old and new are concerned about team harmony. I wasn't planning on signing any more players and let things settle, but after a few games and with the transfer deadline approaching, I could really either use a strong central defender or a strong defensive midfielder to shore op the defense. I can afford the signing, but am worried how this will effect the team. Am I better off staying with what I have and hope my defense holds up or should I make the signing and hope that it doesn't make the team situation worse? Thanks for your input.

I wouldn't think that one more signing would significantly compound your problems, indeed, if you think the player in mind would be a significant improvement then I'd suggest go for it. You're only going to resolve the issues the malcontents have in a certain number of ways, none of them involve bringing a player in, do it and then try and make the ones you want to keep happy, happy. Get the rest out of the door temporarily or permanently.

Not always immediately apparent if you're reasonably new to FM, (apologies if you're not!), but unhappy players lead to more unhappy players, it's like a disease spreading through your squad. Squad harmony falls because of unhappiness, unhappiness thrives and spreads because the squad is divided.

Archived