Players developing too slowly

I have several players at my club (Chievo in Serie B) with PA of 170 +, I brought them all before the age of 18 and put them all into my first team straight away. Now they are all aged between 19 - 22 and have CA's of between 119 and 130. I have Top training facilities (17), coaches are mediocre admittedly, but they've been playing regularly for the last three - four years with a club with a fairly good rep for a second tier side, I would have expected them to have developed a heck of a lot more rapidly than they have. I now fear they may never reach their potential. Here's an example.

Chiquinho - Brazil (Don't look to sign him, he's a regen!!!)

Age when procured: 17

CA when procured: 86

Age at present: 21

CA at present: 130

PA: 179

Will he ever reach his PA, seeing as how he has 3 years within which he will develop at a rapid rate?

I don't see what more I can do to aid his development (top coaches won't join my side). Please help

P.S I only use Genie scout to check up on player development, not to pick out potential buys

I am very pleased with the way that young players develop. I don't use genie scout to find good potential players. If you check a young player (16-17 years old) and he has pretty good attributes for the position he plays, then with a good scout you can figure it out if the player will develop into a good player or not. Just buyed one czech striker one season ago (17 years old, 187 height, good acceleration, good pace, good dribbling and a pretty good technique, also pretty good in the air). Need to mention that i play with Man City and have some good coaches - I need to mention too that I use Tug's Training 2010 and it seems very good to me. So, he played one season for the under17 team, and developed very much in one year. I also have at the club Edin Dzeko, a very very good striker, so I put him to tutor my young czech hot prospect because they are very similar players. Now, as he is 18 years old I use him in the first 11 with Edin Dzeko and he is in a magnificent form scoring nearly in every match. I also noticed that he improving significant from match to match and recently i discovered he is a wonderkid. Just checked with the miniscout and discovered he is at 144 CA from 179 PA - feel great about this.

The fact is, i think, that if a young player has a very good PA and also has pretty good and balanced values on his main attributes, and also a good personality he will develop into a very good player.

Archived