Chairman wants to leave?

Tycoon takeovers are quite rare, and for some they may be game breakers since it turns the club into another Man City. There's a possibility a new chairmen may choose to infuse some capital into the club to clear some of the Pompey debt though.

Tycoon takeovers are quite rare, and for some they may be game breakers since it turns the club into another Man City.

That's what happened to me.

I've been with Palermo for 7 years and doing really great. We're a couple of millions short of becoming the richest club in the world after spending wisely/stingy, when all of a sudden a Thaicoon takes over and throws me hundreds of millions.

Now I'm filthy rich and have nothing to aim for. I want poor old crazy Zamparini back!

p.s. only a son would save my game now. Hope he gets my ears and corner-taking.

A lad over at FM View had a game with some ***** Russian 2nd or 3rd division team, Venishilililiki Schumilillukile or summat, and some Japanese fellat tooke over. Won the Champ's League in 4 or 5 years. Tbf he's a good manager regardless.

Sometimes if a new owner comes in you could get the sack because they might prefer another manager. But I don't think this happens all too often but it can.

From experience, while they might prefer another manager they usually give you some time to show what you can do unless they have very, very big plans for the club that would need a radical overhaul of everything. A takeover at Wrexham once left it looking as though the new owner wanted to replace me with Jan Poortvliet but he didn't go through with it and I stayed there for years afterwards.

Archived