Chairman accepts

Got Sakho, who is a quality player and integral to my plans, real made an offer of 37mil, I rejected, they then bid 45mil and my chairman stepped in and accepted. He is really important to my team and my squad is starting to blend, I don't want to sell him at all.

Is there anything I can do?

Unfortunately at times chairmen will step in and accept offers over your head. They will do this if they have high interference or the club is in dire straights financially. The only thing you can do is offer him a new deal like Vic says and hope he accepts you over Real.

Offer him to all clubs for free, and if he agrees to go anywhere but Real Madrid, you can canel the transfer.

Thats a quality idea!

May still be worth hedging your bets and offering a new deal as well.

I had an interesting scenario on the second last day of the transfer window. Got a news item that my chairman had accepted an offer that was too good to refuse for my first choice DR from Arsenal. In order to get another DR in before the deadline, made an immediate large offer for an already scouted DR, had the offer and contract accepted and just as the window closed, my DR rejected the contract offer from Arsenal and the original deal fell through, without having a chance to stop the second transfer. Oh, joy- 2 quality DRs, one of which is bound to be unhappy soon.

To compound this, the original guy goes to the press saying that he is unhappy at ME selling him and he is now unhappy!

The joys of management

they could add it as a contract negotiating tactic in fm11, under the clauses "full control of roster", or "no chairman interference" or something.

Speaking of this - I saw someone mention a chairman having "high interference". Where do you find that info?

Thanks.

-Ian.

they could add it as a contract negotiating tactic in fm11, under the clauses "full control of roster", or "no chairman interference" or something.

Speaking of this - I saw someone mention a chairman having "high interference". Where do you find that info?

Thanks.

-Ian.

'Interference' is a hidden attribute that Chairmen have. Along with resources, patience, and some other hidden stats I don't remember. They can only be viewed with the editor.

Speaking of clauses, anyone know why they were taken out of manager contracts? I remember you used to be able to negotiate your transfer/wage budget before coming on, and also add stadium expansions and youth/training facilities improvements. Now all it seems you can do is negotiate your own salary and contract length.

u never need to use an editor for this..this is very very easy..

go to transfers status of ur player.

1 - make his prize 230 max or the max prize u can put

2- make him indispensible for the club

3- transfer status - no status

nobody will offer even if they show any interest.

I had an interesting scenario on the second last day of the transfer window. Got a news item that my chairman had accepted an offer that was too good to refuse for my first choice DR from Arsenal. In order to get another DR in before the deadline, made an immediate large offer for an already scouted DR, had the offer and contract accepted and just as the window closed, my DR rejected the contract offer from Arsenal and the original deal fell through, without having a chance to stop the second transfer. Oh, joy- 2 quality DRs, one of which is bound to be unhappy soon.

To compound this, the original guy goes to the press saying that he is unhappy at ME selling him and he is now unhappy!

The joys of management

I would log that in the bugs forum ;)

u never need to use an editor for this..this is very very easy..

go to transfers status of ur player.

1 - make his prize 230 max or the max prize u can put

2- make him indispensible for the club

3- transfer status - no status

nobody will offer even if they show any interest.

IIRC In older versions of the game, didn't players complain that you were "pricing them out of the market" when you did this. Does that still happen in FM10?

I think it is a fair response from a player than might have ambitions to move on from a lower reputation club and it most certainly happens in real life.

Offer him to all clubs for free, and if he agrees to go anywhere but Real Madrid, you can cancel the transfer.

hahhaa this is BRILLIANT id never thought of this, thanks mate, hasnt happend to me in absolute donkeys but if it does i wil use this tactic, i highly recomend this tactic to all people viewing this thread!

Archived