Computer Generated Faces.

Do you like the computer generated faces?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the computer generated faces?

Personally i really have a hard time playing with players that have those dopey computer made faces. They have gotten slightly better but still. I think it should just be left blank. I'm very interested to see how other people feel about them.

Don't like them.

It doesn't have that feel like the faces of other games like Mass Effect or Final Fantasy, even Fifa10 or PES10. It is yet again one of those 3d things that needs to wow and surprise everyone then just playing it safe.

But don't expect much development on this part at least for FM11, because the issues of ME and the crash dumps will take priority, but i find it sad that the ME is needs always, tweaking making unavailable time to develop this tiny graphical things.

I don't like them but i'd prefer to have them than just a silhouette, atleast then you can tell that they are regens. A bit of facial hair wouldn't go a miss and maybe some of them shouldn't have those creepy smiles, makes them look like sex pests to be honest.

My take is that regen faces could be much improved from the current (floating) 'headshots' to more of a 'profile' pic.

I have this idea where I can create regen faces based on (confidential) photos of forum members (plus nationality). Pics will be sorted according to nationalities (e.g. 'regen england 1', 'regen italy 1') instead of members' names. All images will then be available for download on an image-hosting website.

Just unsure as to whether anyone will be interested in this project though.

Really like them. Makes each player look unique. Do think a lot of them look the same and all a bit fresh-faced though. Could do with a few mean looking Vinnie Jones/Roy Keane types. Most look like Busted/McFly singers.

This is also very true, they all loook like Gareth Bale, a stupid wanna be emo pop star.

This is kinda off topic, my regen pictures are there but they have no colour in their faces, just a translucent outline of their features - mouth, eyes, ears, nose.

Does anyone else have the same graphics problem? All the rest of the graphics are fine - apart from my laptop not being able to run the 3D match engine.

Anyone at SI that could help?

Cheers :)

My take is that regen faces could be much improved from the current (floating) 'headshots' to more of a 'profile' pic.

I have this idea where I can create regen faces based on (confidential) photos of forum members (plus nationality). Pics will be sorted according to nationalities (e.g. 'regen england 1', 'regen italy 1') instead of members' names. All images will then be available for download on an image-hosting website.

Just unsure as to whether anyone will be interested in this project though.

Of course I would be. The most interesting project ever on these forums :eek:

This is kinda off topic, my regen pictures are there but they have no colour in their faces, just a translucent outline of their features - mouth, eyes, ears, nose.

Does anyone else have the same graphics problem? All the rest of the graphics are fine - apart from my laptop not being able to run the 3D match engine.

Anyone at SI that could help?

Cheers :)

It's a graphics card issue. Simply put, the card isn't powerful enough,

Okie, uploaded those that I've done so far. (Personal requests not included as I don't have their permission)

http://s997.photobucket.com/home/JohnSmith20/allalbums

It's only a few but we'll start somewhere. I hope that eventually we can have it done 'face in the game' regen-style. So if you want yours included, just PM me your photo and nationality, and I'll add it to the albums when done.

The newgen faces aren't too bad, but I've voted "don't like", because they're missing one very important thing. Age/aging. I'm having some ~40 yo former players now being on my staff and they still look like some 16yo milksops (I hope that translated word is somewhat correct,since I got it from a dictionary). If age was taken into consideration and redrawing all those generated faces wouldn't be a performance issue, I would not have a single bad thing to say about them.

So you can change a picture that is already there to another one? Or just put one in for one that has a silhouette? One thing i do like is that their haircuts change, esp if they seem to be young and black...

In the skinning forum there's a thread by a guy who's added loads of extra hairstyles. Easy to download and install.

I really like them.

I tend to play long term games so the players with real faces tend to disappear with time. The computer generated faces give me a face to put to the name of all my regens.

That's not to say that they couldn't be improved, but as a feature I really like them.

I do not like them at the moment - however one tweak that could improve them is if the picture aged with the player and maybe even reflected facial injuries they pick up during their career.

They do. Mine change haircuts and age with time without a doubt. Maybe not much at the begining but most footballers don't anyway not post 18 anyway. With obvious exceptions people who suddenly within two years end up bald etc.

Archived