how to unsattle a player !

Try praising him and declaring your interest. May not get the price down much but will indicate at the very least how likely the player is to move. Also praise the club's manager. A good relationship with the manager makes it more likely that he'll accept your offer.

Sometimes players are hard to unsettle. The best way is to find a top player at a mid or lower level club (you being AC), and then going in and praising him and decaring you'll do your utmost to sign him, at about once a month. You will have to follow this up with bids every time, otherwise the player will get sick of you pestering him and will go off coming to you (I don't think I would be dropping spoilers if I mentioned Akinfeev here as an example).

If the club is a top level one (e.g. Man Utd) or rich (City), I'd say forget it as they will have the prestige or the money to be able to bargain from a strong position.

You can also try to get friendly with the manager of the club you want to buy from, friends will do favours for friends.

Finally take a look at the personal and history screens of your target. If the player has his current club or a rival of yours as favoured club then he is less likely to want to leave or come to you. If he has a lot of friends at his current club then the same applies, the opposite if he has friends at your club. I say look at his history to see if he has recently joined his current club, as a player who joined in July usually wont leave in August, and if he has a previous,unsucessful stint at your club he might hate them.

Archived