A bit of HELP needed !!!

I am wanting to start a career game, if i put my reputation/past experience to automatic, what does this mean and is it cheating if i put it to international footballer?

Also can I start a career game at a low club like luton or do i have to start unemployed and what repuation/past experience?

relpies would be grateful thanks

"Automatic" means the game will set your reputation to whatever the league's reputation is (or something similar). So in the Premiership you'd have a reputation akin to something like a former professional footballer, and in the Conference it'd be something similar to a former Sunday League footballer. As far as I know, your starting reputation effects the players' motivation to play for you and do what you say. Also, the board will be more likely to sack a manager with a low reputation if he does not do well at a club.

Setting it to "international footballer" is not exactly cheating, and at the level you are starting at I don't know whether or not it would make much of a difference (because players will still listen to you even if you have low rep) but it can make certain aspects a bit easier.

There is no set criteria for starting a career game. You choose how and where you start. All a career game is a game that spans over many many years.

If you choose automatic you will have to build up your reputation to become a manger of a big club. If you choose international you can get a top job straight away - so depending how you look at it, if you want to start at the bottom and work your way up like a proper career game then choose automatic.

But anyway have fun which ever you choose.

I find starting unemployed to be a nice bit of fun when starting a career game... For me if I choose a club to start managing I end up staying there for the entirity of a save, but when I start unemployed I find it easier to move around as I only stay at a club for a year or two and don't tend to become so attached.

Archived