Cheating?

Me and a mate was having a heated debate over the fact that when i play FM2010 i choose to be International footballer on my previous experience. He says its cheating but i dont think it is, whats your take on the subject guys because hes getting on my nerves lol.

Me and a mate was having a heated debate over the fact that when i play FM2010 i choose to be International footballer on my previous experience. He says its cheating but i dont think it is, whats your take on the subject guys because hes getting on my nerves lol.

I think you should play however you like. He’s just jealous that you can get better jobs than him. :)

Up to you what you choose. I usually go for sunday league in my long term games as I like to see it increase. But if I'm doing a quick game as Man U or another big club then it will be either professional footballer or international. Just out of curiosity who does he manage and what does he set his rep to?

I dont like being international footballer in the game just because of the caps and goals shown in my profile,it feels wrong,but ofcourse its not cheating or anything,its a choice,dont care about the reputation,youll become the best manager of the world in the game anyway

I dont like being international footballer in the game just because of the caps and goals shown in my profile,it feels wrong,but ofcourse its not cheating or anything,its a choice,dont care about the reputation,youll become the best manager of the world in the game anyway

This it :thup:

It's just as a sunday league footballer it may take you a bit longer.

Up to you what you choose. I usually go for sunday league in my long term games as I like to see it increase. But if I'm doing a quick game as Man U or another big club then it will be either professional footballer or international. Just out of curiosity who does he manage and what does he set his rep to?

he put its on automatic and he usually picks the big teams lol.

Does putting an obscure(ish) country as your nationality make a difference?

Me and one of my mates started out as former international footballers, myself from Fiji and my mate from Oman. However, the only offers we got were from clubs like Greenock Morton and Chester City.

I think the only difference is a bit of extra knowledge of that country.

I think the only difference is a bit of extra knowledge of that country.

I, probably quite naively, thought that if you were to put a bigger nation like England, Germany, Italy, Spain or Brazil then you may be offered bigger jobs.

My Fijian manager is tearing up Scottish First Division with Clyde now anyway, my mates Omani manager is struggling in the Blue Square North with Chester.

basically the arguement started when i was bury at the start of 09/10 and got then promoted in first season and got too 4th rnd of the fa cup beating everton. because i had some good loans from top prem clubs he reckons that my reputation was the reason them came down to league 2.

basically the arguement started when i was bury at the start of 09/10 and got then promoted in first season and got too 4th rnd of the fa cup beating everton. because i had some good loans from top prem clubs he reckons that my reputation was the reason them came down to league 2.

This isn't true, mate.

I managed to get loans from top Prem clubs when I was Fisher in the BSP.

ah, the old moral relativism debate

personally i pick my experience depending on the level ill be playing it

if im starting in the lower leagues im sunday league but if i fancy a jolly with city or barca then im international

That is probably the best way to summarise it- it is in no way cheating.

Not cheating IMO. I use International when I'm playing in the EPL and the lower down the leagues I start the lower I put my reputation to fit.

Just gets the fans off my back at the beginning of the game is all.Plus I like to see how many international caps/goals I got.

Automatic is pretty useless for big teams, no? For example, I just made one manager with an automatic reputation at Milan -> CurRep 5000, while as an unemployed international footballer I got 8000 - much, much more.

Archived